Forum

LAWL NICE DIVS

Created 13th October 2010 @ 18:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 31 32 33 ... 39 Next »

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

DK1ng renamed to Stochastic and went on the waiting list for Div3 which they got.

Strike a Pose has so far done 3-3 in both matches. Seems everybody but DK1ng who claimed they were a higher Div has fallen flat on his face so far, DK1ng not having played any officials yet though…

:)

Spike Himself

TC

Reading this thread near the end of the season is even more amusing than reading it when it was new!

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Spike Himself

Reading this thread near the end of the season is even more amusing than reading it when it was new!

indeed, loving it.

Dr Icecream

Quoted from Spike Himself

That’s like saying “raping this corpse is even more amusing than when it was still alive!”

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dr Icecream

[…]
That’s like saying “raping this corpse is even more amusing than when it was still alive!”

what’s wrong with that? ryan does it all the time.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dr Icecream

[…]

It’s not rape if they can’t say no.

mosepose

WWCD
{o,o}

could anyone do a best of quotes?

octochris

(0v0)

cringeworthy statements:

Quoted from caned

sorry div4b… easy gold trophy for us :/

Quoted from SHU

we requested as division 3 and sent like 20 shots when we’re running over div 4 (old div4) teams. Like the “Death Adder” which is in our div, we have won them 3 times 5-0… I was a bit suprised when the divs popped up. :((((((((((((((((((((((((

Quoted from Vladi

We have 3 players in our team (piece, recon, bm), who played in division 1, plus rge and me who played for SHIFTplay in div2. Back in the good old times, when div1 was the real div1 and div2 the real div2.
Now we got seeded in division 3, and for example Vertex Sovjet, that we won against 3 days ago (got screens) is in division 2?
I mean, SERIOUSLY?

This is the most ridiculous thing i´ve ever heard but unfortunately no admin is talking to me about that.
Well done, seriously.

Quoted from Vladi

ill cope with the fact of being div3

Quoted from Vladi

as i alread said now (dont know why i still get flamed):
ill cope with the fact of playing div3.

Quoted from Brutallus

We are just wasting our time in a division that we shouldn’t be in.

rejworthy statements:

Quoted from rtan

we sent pictures of cats and got into div2

Quoted from Madsie

Can’t believe I just wanked over this..

Quoted from skeej

xr^ has no div1 players for instance

Quoted from Vladi

stfu scotland-dude.

decent statements which nobody listened to and continued arguing anyway:

Quoted from M24_

pcw’s mean shit, win div3 this year with a perfect record then talk shit about your placement

Quoted from byte

For those with half a brain, getting a screenshot(s) against a div higher than them by 1 or 2 divisions during off season is really REALLY nothing to go by. Unfortunately for admin’s this is the way to distinguish SOMETIMES the “better” teams.

You want to be considered as something? i.e. as a worthy team or player? Prove it with your stability not your “1 shot wonder game where you played a team who played as a mix or full roster but not active enough” bs.

racio trolling:

Quoted from RaCio

unless BKJN is your real name I see no reason for creating a second account.

ilike2spin

RLM

Looking back, Racio and Snowie were the best things about this thread.

Matt, Strike a Pose:

Quoted from Matt

Loving the unproven and folded teams in div 2, pretty awesome.

Strike a Pose status: 3 draws, 1 loss – Folded

CaneD, KOALAPUNCH:

Quoted from caned

tbh we’ve beat RAGE, XC, Twitch, CARDUS, myRevenge when we played them, and drew with SMACK, dimegioclub, yet they all get into div3….

sorry div4b… easy gold trophy for us :/

KOALAPUNCH status: 2nd with 3 wins and 3 draws

Dekken, Stochastic Gaming:

Quoted from Dekken

shitty seeding.
I guess beating div3/2 teams means nothing now.

SHU, RCTIC:

Quoted from SHU

we requested as division 3 and sent like 20 shots when we’re running over div 4 (old div4) teams. Like the “Death Adder” which is in our div, we have won them 3 times 5-0… I was a bit suprised when the divs popped up. :((((((((((((((((((((((((

RCTIC status: 2 draws, 2 wins, 3 losses (1 vs Death Adder!)

Vladi, Next Six Please:

Quoted from Vladi

We were told, to play ladder to show activity – we did.
Except for 1 warmup-match, sponantaneously agreed on to count it as a ladder match, we rolled every team without getting any training out of it – but we did, because etf2l promised us a spot in our desired division if we do so.

We have 3 players in our team (piece, recon, bm), who played in division 1, plus rge and me who played for SHIFTplay in div2. Back in the good old times, when div1 was the real div1 and div2 the real div2.
Now we got seeded in division 3, and for example Vertex Sovjet, that we won against 3 days ago (got screens) is in division 2?
I mean, SERIOUSLY?

This is the most ridiculous thing i´ve ever heard but unfortunately no admin is talking to me about that.
Well done, seriously.

N6P status: 3 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses

Hys, DimegioClub:

Quoted from HYS

[…]

Tapley, I played in ^wotr^ css (myself, numlocked, ArcY) when you were part of ^wotr^2 (lofty, Nitro, yourself, Peck, vlad and so on). You got to know us pretty well and I’m sure you will remember what kind of characters we were. And we’re also talking about a really nice bunch of spaniards, in which I’m the only new addition to and that have played together for some time.

This is a European league in which news posts afaik, are only provided in English and for the spanish leaders that run Dimegioclub, I’m sure you can understand misinterpretation (especially considering most Brits can’t even speak another language).

@Vali – I have never heard of steve before and nor is he a friend of any of the other members. And this wasn’t about getting put into div1 or anything, we’re happy to fight for that opportunity, it was about the promotion system.

@Vad – We played last night against a mix, and if you can remember 2 of our members crashed out with server problems in the first ten minutes, and your also making the assumption that we actually took it seriously lol. Fact is you changed 5 members, Dimegioclub changed 1, and yet your jumping 2 divisions after losing in the playoffs, this isn’t personal its just principal and the system.

Its just the principal that in s7, Dimegioclub beat Eternity to gain promotion and if you say that we were promoted to division 2 where you think we deserve to be. Why do Eternity gain 2 promotions? From divison 3 into division 1. Request or not, that doesn’t make any sense at all, infact it completely makes a mockery out of the system. Yes they may have changed their team, but what I’d like to know is, why this decision was made? Because it can’t be anything else but screenshots and even some of the best teams lose to people they shouldn’t, you can’t see what happened over the 30mins in a screenshot (people dropping at critical moments or ping spiking throughout until 5mins to go). Hell, we played vs k1ck and over two maps it was 3-3 and 3-1 with 15mins left and server crash. That doesn’t mean we should play in the premier division now. Although it’s over the top, I hope people will understand what I’m getting at.

I think most people have took this for whining, I replied to the topic because it was a discussion of division placements and somebody made a comment that I wanted to respond to (odin). It was just an opportunity for the community to speculate on the situation and leave some constructive feedback and to invite admins to participate in the discussion.

DimegioClub status: 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss
Eternity status: 4 wins, 1 draw

Moral of the story:

Don’t start complaining about something in advance. Every team that’s complained in here about being placed too low folded or didn’t do anywhere near as good as they claimed to be.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Urm wasn’t a last one a complaint about the system more than their actual placement……?

Ace

lol

Quoted from CommanderX

Urm wasn’t a last one a complaint about the system more than their actual placement……?

It was both. Complaining about Eternity getting Div1 while Dimegio got Div2 despite beating them.

Quoted from HYS

[…]

Why should you need to request this? If you go through on playoffs, surely you should expect to be placed into the right division. Two of our members reported this to the admins and the response from Crasp was “I don’t really care tbh”.

I can understand he would have been on the receiving end of a lot of whining that day but if we had been put in the correct division in the first place, we wouldn’t have been there whining about it.

I also contacted Byte to see if there was anything he could do, and RaCios response was “should be fine tbh”. With all due respect, what kind of attitude is that? As you stated above, it’s because it wasn’t requested, so you know we should be in div1. And as far as we were aware, it would be automatic due to winning playoffs in s7. I understand divisions are arranged now, but a swop between ourselves (Dimegioclub) and Eternity seems like the right thing to do. Is there anything you can do please?

Another post. Yes he’s mad at the system and at the same time requests to be put in Div1.

vaynster

k0

shit happens

Last edited by vaynster,

ilike2spin

RLM

We were a new team, hot headed and too big for our boots. I’m glad in retrospect that we were put in division 4 because it’s given us the chance to prove our worth and work through all the issues that come with playing in a league, inactivity match scheduling etc etc. If we were put in division 3 we would have got slammed as soon as hyperfunk and tack went inactive and in all likelihood would have folded too.

Like Byte said about playing through a season, I feel we’re a much stronger team just by completing a season and I look forward to division 3 next season.

tl:dr – We were immature, now we’re less immature.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 31 32 33 ... 39 Next »