Forum

gunboats again -.-

Created 4th October 2010 @ 00:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

harbleu

Truls!
dstry

gunboats rock, ya’ll niggas mad as hell.

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from RaCio

[…]Like I said a few times, the reason for banning is that they have been released only a few days ago. We will run cups which will test the weapons, that way we can hopefully see a balanced gru in season 9.

Glad to hear that.

GangsterAlgot

Quoted from Psyche

Has anyone actually thought that having a gunboats soldier is actually an ADVANTAGE to the team compared to a normal soldier on mid?

Specially with little loss. You lose the shotgun…big deal.

As long as you only use gunboats on middle you have a clear advantage… I dislike the item for that very fact. In a balanced games you either use gunboats as well or get fucked over like never before.

You could use that argument to ban just about anything: demo, medic, scouts, monitor… and so on.

A monitor also gives you an advantage and pretty much forces the other team to also use monitors to not get raped. Monitors are even worse because they are a lot more pricey than gunboats and there is absolutely no way you can get them through achievements/drops/crafting/trading*

Ban monitors.

*Ingame that is, you can irl-craft a monitor if you’re handy.

Last edited by GangsterAlgot,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Psyche

Specially with little loss. You lose the shotgun…big deal.

I am at a loss for words, by far the dumbest thing I’ve read today.

Last edited by herpderp,

Dr Icecream

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

I am at a loss for words, by far the dumbest thing I’ve read today.

You obviously don’t check the Dakka forums too well, do you?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Dr Icecream

[…]

You obviously don’t check the Dakka forums too well, do you?

Not really.

Hat

i sincerely doubt there are many euro soldiers with the brain and skill to actually pull off jaeger style gunboating, ie. the trick jumps and hiding spots etc

and im all for anything that gives soldiers more depth on middle instead of the current monotomy

also just to get technical, gunboats dont even give you that much of an advantage (wow you have 30hp more to bomb the medic! amazing!) also not having a shotgun is such an amazingly obvious massive drawback

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Hat

i sincerely doubt there are many euro soldiers with the brain and skill to actually pull off jaeger style gunboating, ie. the trick jumps and hiding spots etc

Thats not really going to change without allowing gunboats is it :P If they are banned there is no reason to practice skipjumps and alternative rollouts that wouldn’t be viable without gunboats.

Hat

it should :(

also the counter to gunboats is the medic not being stupid, correct positioning & good dodging > 2 rockets

which is already the case?

Psyche

Quoted from GangsterAlgot

[…]

You could use that argument to ban just about anything: demo, medic, scouts, monitor… and so on.

A monitor also gives you an advantage and pretty much forces the other team to also use monitors to not get raped. Monitors are even worse because they are a lot more pricey than gunboats and there is absolutely no way you can get them through achievements/drops/crafting/trading*

Ban monitors.

*Ingame that is, you can irl-craft a monitor if you’re handy.

Good to know we are now giving non-relevant and retarded arguments as an answer.

What I said is true, and the counter is to use another pair of gunboats. I doubt anyone will disagree with me here.

Last edited by Psyche,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Psyche

[…]

Good to know we are now giving non-relevant and retarded arguments as an answer.

What I said is true, and the counter is to use another pair of gunboats. I doubt anyone will disagree with me here.

Look 1 post above yours.

Quoted from Hat

also the counter to gunboats is the medic not being stupid, correct positioning & good dodging > 2 rockets

Oh and I’d like to point out that running the same strategy (IE aggressive gunboats solly on mid) doesn’t counter anything. Doing that just turns it into either a contest of which team survives best without a medic or which team can pressure harder to make the other team drop out. Thats not really what I’d call effective countering, since you don’t do anything at all to combat that gunboats solly, you’re just adding one yourself.

If say on badlands you get jumped by a gunboats solly everytime you leave house, go valley and have your pocket stay below bridge if he’s not needed ontop straight away. He can help out scouts and protect your flank (if a scout isn’t going through shithouse), then if the med gets jumped by a gunboats solly he drops below bridge where no doubt the gunboats solly will follow, presto your pocket will know he’s coming and you can be protected by him without getting jumped.

Ofcourse this requires good communication and team coördination. It’s much easier to just do the exact same thing and hope it works better for you than it does for them….

Last edited by herpderp,

lassizci

on a horse

Quoted from Hat

[…]

Team Fortress 2

* Added the Mann-conomy.
o Added 65 new items (hats, weapons, tools, minigames, gifts, crates).
o Added the Mann Co. Store & Catalog.
o Added Trading.
o Added Item customization

kk, trade me

GangsterAlgot

Quoted from Psyche

[…]

I’m always here with the stupid arguments, count on that. What I said is true though and the counter to the enemy team using a demo is using a demo yourself. I doubt anyone will disagree with me here.

See my point now? Just because it forces the other team to counter it doesn’t mean it must be banned!

Last edited by GangsterAlgot,

Hat

Quoted from lassizci

[…]

kk, trade me

i see what your doing here

maybe there is someone in tf2 who has more than 1 pair of gunboats and is willing trade them?

but im not sure

cubeth

rda

Quoted from Wiiking

gunboats and equ is for sollies who cant positioning correct. Learn to play the game

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »