Forum

gunboats again -.-

Created 4th October 2010 @ 00:55

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

caned

MEAT
LEGO

i thought that most people agreed the gunboats are a good addition to 6v6, maybe im wrong tho…. what do people think of them & that they’re banned from s8?

Orchid

|=3

I dont play solly, so I dont know how well they work in comp., but imo allowing them would spice up the game. More tactical choices and fun. As long as you dont overuse them.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Hi i now play medic and imo fuck shitters like nitro who spend all their free time learning pointless trick jumps just to use gunboats to jump at my face for swifty to miss.

But at the end of the day swifty would miss anyway i actually think they are quite a good addition

Edit: also the main reason for banning unlocks is either overpowerd or they slwo the game down therefore making it less fun to play. Gunboats do neither of these, lets face it if the team is just gonna constantly suicide a soldier at you with gunboats it’s kinda easy to counter once you see he is running them.

Like demsii said in on of the other threads adapt your gameplay thats right guys just cos it hasn’t been done before doesn’t mean you can’t start doing it. Think outside the box if some teams can do it, such as px, rawr etc then why can’t other as well?

Last edited by CommanderX,

lassizci

on a horse

And what if you don’t have gunboats? You can get gunboats by a random drop or crafting. Crafting needs shitloads of items and not everyone have the needed. Also the required items are pretty much random and everyone are not that lucky.

Hat

Quoted from lassizci

And what if you don’t have gunboats? You can get gunboats by a random drop or crafting. Crafting needs shitloads of items and not everyone have the needed. Also the required items are pretty much random and everyone are not that lucky.

Team Fortress 2

* Added the Mann-conomy.
o Added 65 new items (hats, weapons, tools, minigames, gifts, crates).
o Added the Mann Co. Store & Catalog.
o Added Trading.
o Added Item customization

LikeThis

Yeah, not too pleased about banning gunboats. They’re balanced and work well in 6v6 everywhere else in the world.

Aside from that i thank the admins for making the difficult decision about unlocks. Their choice is solid and also i like the look of the map pool for S8.

punct

Do be
Rambase.ro

“The gunboats are a good idea, but due to their counters being banned things become way to much of a divebomb galore.

Let’s hope valve will fix or change Natasha and TDH one day. :)” (RaCio)

Defur

Quoted from punct

“The gunboats are a good idea, but due to their counters being banned things become way to much of a divebomb galore.

Let’s hope valve will fix or change Natasha and TDH one day. :)” (RaCio)

A heavy with the regular minigun works just as good, even better when someone’s launching

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Defur

[…]A heavy with the regular minigun works just as good, even better when someone’s launching

Except that by the time the gunboats soldier has jumped on your medic, your heavy is still on his way to mid!

xzr

vanilla + medic ftw

tay

Quoted from Defur

[…]A heavy with the regular minigun works just as good, even better when someone’s launching

or you could just sticky your train…

Daggial

fap

i’d allow them, anyway i’ll never use them, having no “shotty” is “shitty” :)

Septique

Quoted from xzr

vanilla + medic ftw

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from tay

[…]
or you could just sticky your train…

He’s jumping on your medic, not on your train foo’!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

He’s jumping on your medic, not on your train foo’!

Let the medic stand on the train! Or better yet, sticky your medic!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »