Forum

Please ETF2L, PLEASE reconsider the new unlock rules

Created 3rd October 2010 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »

Daggial

fap

Why Chargin’ Targe is not banned? i hate to shoot 16 rockets to kill a demoman (or to be forced to switch to shotty)

Dekamano

scenic

Quoted from Gubbins

[…]

I have £0.00
No one will trade me
I have never found any gunboats
I don’t have the weapons to craft them

poor you

+1 for gunboats and gru

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Daggial

Why Chargin’ Targe is not banned? i hate to shoot 16 rockets to kill a demoman (or to be forced to switch to shotty)

Takes 3 rockets, assuming you can aim. Plus if you know the opposing team is running demoknight, any team with some sense can adjust their gameplay to it (i.e. “no stickies push push push!”).

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Dekamano

[…]
poor you

+1 for gunboats and gru

But it is impossible for me to use gunboats and GRU… why would you allow some people not to play the same game as others?

Crunchy

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Yep. If we don’t say it’s banned, it’s allowed.

so wait, Crit-a-Cola and the paintrain are allowed? but arent they random drop and “not easy to obtain”? just like the gunboats?

-.-

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Crunchy

[…]

so wait, Crit-a-Cola and the paintrain are allowed? but arent they random drop and “not easy to obtain”? just like the gunboats?

-.-

They’ve both been out for ages, plus the gunboats are not banned for that reason.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

GeneSIS^

[MIPC]

nice rules, finaly etf2l made step forward, hopefully season 9 is completelly vanilla+medic+equalizer

Crunchy

the only main argument i’ve seen for gunboats to be banned is that they cant be obtained easily.

most people seem to be ok with them being used :S

byte

Quoted from Daggial

Ever thought of doing 3 nice shots with your shotgun? Or even 2 if your close and good enough =) (don’t forget he has to be close to you to do any damage with his shield/sword bs)

Cheers

Byte

Ghostface

spire

But what if the demoman has mad pipe sk1llz?

byte

Quoted from Crunchy

the only main argument i’ve seen for gunboats to be banned is that they cant be obtained easily.

most people seem to be ok with them being used :S

Its more to do with what the gunboats allows not more about the drop rate/retrieval of the weapon. Soldiers using gunboats will allow the tendancy for “dive bombing” soldier to go always for the medic thus making the game more static and or slower due to medics always going down…

Would heavily rely on people getting airshots n so on….. or the medic play stupidly defensive…

I like the addition tbh, but I can see why it wouldn’t be allowed, compared to the Pain Train, I know JB mentioned “lets play capture points” but my view or thought on it, is that it should be allowed for the soldier and not for the demoman. I think the soldier is already under powered class and to be gifted with a x2 capture point speed over more damage taken is a fair trade, I think a demoman having it is slightly OP, just due to the fact that a demo + stickies + capping x2 … lol =)

If only there was a way to restrict a weapon per class :p

Cheers

Byte

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Ghostface

But what if the demoman has mad pipe sk1llz?

Then he would have them without charge/targe as well and it wouldn’t make any difference.

Ghostface

spire

Yeah, but he can soak up more rocket damage with the shield. So this goes two ways. It’s good if you’re fighting a rocket soldier with no aim, but it’s the same thing if he pops out his shotgun when close enough.

This pretty much relies on the skill of both the soldier and the demo. Charge is totally not op anyway. Carry on.

Daggial

fap

Quoted from byte

[…]

Ever thought of doing 3 nice shots with your shotgun? Or even 2 if your close and good enough =) (don’t forget he has to be close to you to do any damage with his shield/sword bs)

i don’t care about the sword (which makes him weaker) or the axe (which makes him slower), and i don’t care about the charge too, but the Targe makes the demoman TOO hard to kill IMO. it’s just annoying.

i know i can kill him easier by using the shotty, but being forced to use it makes me less effective in all the rest.
i.e. a scout which comes behind me/my medic, while i’m using shotty to kill the demo, is harder to kill (not just a rocket + 1/2 shots to kill him like usually, and he can still shot 1/2 more times with scatter while i’m swiching weapon back to rl)

Quoted from Ghostface

Yeah, but he can soak up more rocket damage with the shield. So this goes two ways. It’s good if you’re fighting a rocket soldier with no aim, but it’s the same thing if he pops out his shotgun when close enough.

This pretty much relies on the skill of both the soldier and the demo. Charge is totally not op anyway. Carry on.

i’m not saying it’s OP, it removes the stickies so it’s quite balanced.
I’m just saying it’s annoying and changes the gameplay radically during battles

Last edited by Daggial,

Jude

notdoggo

can an admin please clarify why gunboats are banned but crit o cola not? gunboats has worked everywhere else in the world for the longest time. they basically have the same net effect of being able to kill the enemy medic easier, with a downside of being easier to kill yourself, extra damage to the scout, and no shotgun for the soldier.
if its in any way a case of availability gunboats are random finds but critocola not.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »