Forum

Newbie tab on the site?

Created 2nd September 2010 @ 01:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Oggy

As TF2 showcased itself at i40 I was thinking as people come and check out the site and see what it’s all about would. Plus with all the new players through the highlander competition.

Would it not be a good idea to have a tab/link for new players to go to that has all the info they need to get started in the game. Things like mores hud, daves guides, mumble links, irc links, pickup channels tf2lobby etc etc.

That way when someone wants to learn about the game they can just be linked to here read it all and have the information all in one place.

Would be a great help to new players and probably even to lower division players that haven’t heard about fps configs and changing fov and all the other little tweaks that can be done.

Just an idea

Last edited by Oggy,

Crunchy

i think this is a good idea really, just read 2 threads, one guy who was at i40 playing css and now wants to play tf2, and one guy whos moved over from quake, a beginners guide with simple tactics and what the classes do is fantastic

Good suggestion =)

konr

Nice idea.

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

good idea, but maybe not even a tab, perhaps have a few links above the “Register” bit. Like “New to TF2?” and/or “New to ETF2L?”. This way you could do it so that if your logged in, they are links that disappear and don’t bother you, but if your new, before you do anything you need to register, and you’ll notice that link before clicking register.

Suppose it’s pointless completely hiding it, so after logged in it could be hidden under the “Other” tab for reference.

pykow

Quoted from Nagash

good idea, but maybe not even a tab, perhaps have a few links above the “Register” bit. Like “New to TF2?” and/or “New to ETF2L?”. This way you could do it so that if your logged in, they are links that disappear and don’t bother you, but if your new, before you do anything you need to register, and you’ll notice that link before clicking register.

Suppose it’s pointless completely hiding it, so after logged in it could be hidden under the “Other” tab for reference.

New to TF2 ? tf2 wiki page ;)
new to ETF2L? FPS configs,Hud, Mumble,Lobby, IRC , Mentors, ETF2L rules. Season information and eXtv ;)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

ETF2L wiki?

kaidus

WiK?

All these resources already exist, just link ’em up nice and obviously.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

maybe create a page for that on tf2 wiki?

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/ETF2L_Highlander_Community_Challenge

is already a great start!

*link fixed* :)

Last edited by baerbel,

Tikcus

Quoted from baerbel

maybe create a page for that on tf2 wiki?

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Highlander_Community_Challenge
is already a great start!

Why link to that site? with annoying popups and adverts, when the same info is on the offical wiki

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/ETF2L_Highlander_Community_Challenge

octochris

(0v0)

I’m already working on a newbie’s guide to competitive TF2 which should be available shortly.

Add A Reply Pages: 1