Forum

the Admins whip us one Promotion Place

Created 18th November 2008 @ 12:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1

LooR

$myT1nk

from the News:
# Season 3 Title Decider: Team CoolerMaster vs. Ubersexuals – 20th November, 21:00 CET
# Division 2 Playoff: eLD vs. Totally Totalitarian – 23rd November, 21:00 CET
# Division 2 Playoff: Soldiers at Work vs. LOL Team – 18th November, 21:00 CET
# Division 2 Playoff: veAre vs. Clones-Inc – gravelpit 2:1, granary 1:4, turbine 4:2
# Division 2 Playoff: Veritas vs. [Winner Division 2 Playoff Spot – Match #1]
# Division 2 Playoff: klan:fader vs. [Winner Division 2 Playoff Spot – Match #2]
# Division 2 Playoff Spot – Match #1: Knifeback Mountaineers vs. back to Ressuply (Deadline Exception at Match Page) – unscheduled
# Division 2 Playoff Spot – Match #2: GotGame.lv vs. Oh My God It Is – 20th November, 20:00 CET

From the Rules page:
http://www.deneusbeer.nl/s3promotions.html

Playoff Match (Div 2 Spot) – Against 3rd div 3

7th

Playoff Match (Div 2 Spot) – Against 2rd div 3

8th

Playoff Match (Div 2 Spot) – Against 2nd div 3

9th

Automatically Relegated to Division 3

10th

Automatically Relegated to Division 3

Division 3a+b+c+d

1st

Division Winner + Automatically Promoted to Division 2

2nd

Playoff Match (Div 2 Spot) – Against 7th/8th div 2

3rd

Playoff Match (Div 2 Playoff spot against 6th div 2) – against 3rd div 3

This means 7th and 8th from Div2a+b are

Totally Totalitarian, LOL Team, Resistansen, noLimits(veritas)

versus

2nd from Div3a+b+c+d

Soldiers at Work, eL Diablo’s Brigade, veAre, Clones-Inc

and

6th from Div2a+b

prior.eSports TF2, klan:fader

versus

3th of Div3a+b+c+d

Knifeback Mountaineers vs. back to Ressuply
GotGame.lv vs. Oh My God It Is

Now u decided

Soldiers at Work (2nd in 3a) vs LOL Team (7th in 2b)
eL Diablo’s Brigade (2nd in 3b) vs Totally Totalitarian (8th in 2b)

whit this logic the other games must be strictly

veAre (2nd in 3c) vs noLimits(veritas) (7th in 2a)
Clones-Inc (2nd in 3d) vs Resistansen (8th in 2a)

but u decided only

veAre vs Clones-Inc(3c against 3d)

and whip us(the 3Divison Clans) one promotion place!

and yes i know thats Resistanse are dropped but thats simply means only default win to Clones-inc.

So where is our 6th Promotion Place to divison 2?

nvc

i am sure you are correct, i just do not understand that post atall despite studying a degree at one of the best universities in the UK, gl getting your promotion anyways, congratz on it being your 6th if you can convince the admins that they are wrong, which is always hard @ most online leagues as they can easily change rules, and your post (not that they would) xD

RaCio

GoT²

My eyes hurt after trying to read that post…

Anyway, all 8 div3 teams who made it to the playoff are getting their shot at div2. So what is the problem exactly?

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

Can an admin please put a health warning in the title of this thread, something like “WARNING! Thread may cause brain brain hemorrhage”

Ed

Mafia
fx.

BRAIN BRAIN HEMORRHAGE?

Qun

GoT<3

My head hurts :(

No need for all the “omg I don’t understand your post, my head hurts, etc.”-alike posts guys.

Just let the admins deal with this, is my opinion. Give the guy a break, he tried to explain it as good as possible probably and gave as much info as he could.

Deadeye

$myT1nk

Well basically what LooR is trying to say (with maybe a little to many words), is that the Admins kinda changed the Playoff race by themselves neglecting the Div3 Clans 1 of the 6 Relegation Games by making veRe and Clones play each other insteas of the Div 2 Clans Resistansen ( who dropped) and Veritas (or whatever they’re called now).

So i understand that u wanted to do something there but shouldn’t those 3 Clans that are still active get engaged into a 3 way playoff instead of the 2nd Division Clan getting a free pass despite only getting a regulation spot?

And for all those of u getting brain damage maybe u should stop drinking alcohol infront of the PC that should help the brain activity ;)

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Allright.
First off, noone is getting any free rides to the second div here. Noth the ones who ended 6th-8th in div 2, nor then ones who ended 2nd-3rd in div 3.

It’s all very simple. Yes, we changed our original scheme a little bit, due to 2 div 2 teams (prior and resistansen) folding after the season end and before the playoffs started.
IF we were to keep to our original scheme, we would have 1 3rd placed and 1 2nd placed from div 3 getting a free ride to div 2. We didn’t want that, so we changed things a bit.

Basically, we had 2 div 3 teams too much, so we made 2 of the strongest (= ended 2nd) play eachother and change the rest of the playoffs accordingly.

Prior and fader ended 6th, so they originally got to play a 3rd from div 3, but with prior gone, we moved a 7th from div 2 in priors place, which was Veritas(noLimits). The rest kinda stayed as planned.

The most important thing you were missing is the fact that Veritas indeed has to play a playoff match. They’ll play the winner of k^m vs bR.

LooR

$myT1nk

The point is that at worst case/ideal case only 5 clans can go down or up(by relegation) instead of 6, so one clan lost his place, that was the intention of the topic. Is this point right or wrong?

eLD vs. Totally Totalitarian = 1st relegation place
Soldiers at Work vs. LOL Team = 2nd
veAre vs. Clones-Inc = 3rd
Veritas vs. [Winner Division 2 Playoff Spot – Match #1] = 4th
klan:fader vs. [Winner Division 2 Playoff Spot – Match #2] =5th

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Yea, that was one side-effect, but it does not particularly bother me. You see, the idea behind these playoffs is that everyone who ends high or low gets a chance to swap divisions. We’re not trying to get all divisions full for next season, that’s not gonna happen anyway, with teams folding and regrouping all the time. If we were, you would be absolutely right.

But as it stands now, we’re gonna have quite a puzzle at the start of s4, to find out who to place where. So these playoffs are a good way for a team to get up if they perform well, but if you miss out on a place in a higher div now, that’s by no means set in stone. Look at season 3. We had teams in div 2 who were relegated the season before, teams who just missed out on their promotion, a few new teams and even a former division 4 team. Season 4 will surely see the same.

Yes there’s 1 playoff less, but we’re 2 teams short, i can’t conjure those out of thin air. Sure, that’s 1 team less in div 2, but also 1 less in div 3. There’s gonna be an uneven balance somewhere, whatever you do.

Everyone just gets 1 match for the playoffs. (except for 3rd div 3 though, who are a special case, but that was known at season start)

Wlv

RaWr ::

Deadeye – Off topic kinda, you mentioned veritas’ new name, I guess you mean my team, The Deliverance, it is not a veritas reform and the only thing it has in common is 2 players :) thanks.

Add A Reply Pages: 1