Stability and Divisional Placement

Created 26th July 2010 @ 10:33

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

aLx

trick17
trick17

Quoted from Poop

[…]

+1 maybe not a full season but a few weeks or something.
About 4 teams folded after we beat them which was a bloody waste of time.

+1

Norris

Quoted from Black_Bob

Didnt the main team of px fold and move to px2 last season?

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5030/sherlockholmesxi7.jpg

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Quoted from Black_Bob

Didnt the main team of px fold and move to px2 last season?

Don’t know I wasn’t part of it then. Your point?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

By preventing people moving to another team like that could well result in more folds. I think i’d rather take a good player, drop the season and build as a team than take on someone who doesn’t work with the team just for the sake of keeping a league spot. Folds happen and the players who continue playing aren’t always the ones to blame.

compton

cvx|

Not letting players move between teams is not a solution. It just prevents teams from evolving into more established teams. Roster changes are a part of that.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

Quoted from compton

Not letting players move between teams is not a solution. It just prevents teams from evolving into more established teams. Roster changes are a part of that.

i thought playing together for a long time without rooster changes was the way to go?!

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Quoted from baerbel

[…]

i thought playing together for a long time without rooster changes was the way to go?!

No the fashionable method is to join and fold, join and fold

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

Quoted from Skyride

Tikcus, I’m being serious, not a dick or anything.

Why don’t you apply to be an etf2l admin?

You’ve got to be kidding me. He’d force every scout to run FaN and award bonus points to teams with players dominating me at the end of the map.

<3 you Ticky Wicky.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from stko!

[…]
You’ve got to be kidding me. He’d force every scout to run FaN and award bonus points to teams with players dominating me at the end of the map.

<3 you Ticky Wicky.

I give cookies to teammates that dominate you, works wonders ;)

While I’m not completely convinced that an entry ladder solves the problem, I agree with tikcus that’s it’s a problem that teams drop. The ladder could solve this for the lower editions, but how would the ladder prevent div2 teams from folding? That’s a different problem, and no ladder will solve this.

Tikcus

Quoted from stko!

[…]

<3 you Ticky Wicky.

I wouldn’t force every scout to run a FaN (i’d allow every other scout if they chose to though).

but i’m in no danger of applying to be an admin, so you need not worry

crzfst

Quoted from baerbel

[…]

Didn’t someone from idk? said that changing players is the way to go after they won s7?

franco

Quoted from baerbel

[…]

if someone leaves a team in the first place its because they dont want to be there, sticking it out with a team you dont want to be in isnt the way to go.

Tikcus

Quoted from franco

[…]

if someone leaves a team in the first place its because they dont want to be there, sticking it out with a team you dont want to be in isnt the way to go.

reason entry ladder WORKS, after 5-10 matches you will have a fair idea if you are in a team you want to be with, better fold in the entry ladder than in the league

minimoose

Quoted from baerbel

[…]

I change my rooster all the time and look where it’s got me :(

hal

blah

Quoted from minimoose

[…]

I change my rooster all the time and look where it’s got me :(

Rooster fights are barbaric and should be forbidden in any civilized place. Shame on you for not standing by your rooster after he slaved and suffered for your entertainment…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »