Forum

AFS rules gonna last (Or, why is the Summer League so crap?)

Created 26th July 2010 @ 00:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

I can’t believe we’re arguing over who came up with the idea of a tournament first, but here we are anyway – I have mentions of the olympics idea from January in my IRC admin channel logs. No doubt there is also a thread on it but I really can’t be bothered to trawl through the old admin threads to find it. I don’t know why people are so quick to jump to assumptions about this.

Re: AFS.

Short version – We made the league specifically as ‘no strings attached’ and hassle free as possible so no team felt they had to sign up to guarantee their place in season 8. However, we still ended up with clans that have had half their team away on vacation during the middle of the season (even in my own division), that they were somehow unaware of or just ignored a little over a month ago. Is it unfair to blame the clans that signed up for that? Also, the drops are still pretty much the same numbers as a regular season, obviously they’ve affected some divisions more than others and because there are less clans per division it means fewer games for the teams that are left.

AFS was supposed to be a league for the people who wanted to play this summer.

Jones

lol I’ve missed these forums

WOODY[

Op4

Quoted from Waebi

there should be paralympics in tf2 for sollies like w00dy.
<3

this sounds like a sick idea! =D

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

keep fan banned thx

Inuy

#sadboys

Quoted from Exfane

keep fan banned thx

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Exfane

keep fan banned thx

Waebi

‹Con›

add Natascha too then. Imo she’s WAY more annoying than the FaG.

Anathema

Here goes the ragefest over whether to ban the FaN or not.
On that note: Ban the FaN please.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I concur, ban Waebi.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from SnowiE

Also, the drops are still pretty much the same numbers as a regular season, obviously they’ve affected some divisions more than others and because there are less clans per division it means fewer games for the teams that are left.

Interesting. Basically you’re saying that this season is just as shit as every other season ;) Perhaps people only notice the crap that’s going on every season in every other div because it’s now happening to div2. It seems as if the number of dropped teams in div5 is actually smaller than last season.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Shabbaman

[…]

Interesting. Basically you’re saying that this season is just as shit as every other season ;) Perhaps people only notice the crap that’s going on every season in every other div because it’s now happening to div2. It seems as if the number of dropped teams in div5 is actually smaller than last season.

Placebo effect anyone?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6