Forum

AFS rules gonna last (Or, why is the Summer League so crap?)

Created 26th July 2010 @ 00:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

GuMMi

frø
px.

Seeing the AFS is comming to an end soon… i was just wondering what the admins have decided about changing the rules ?…

Edd

T2P

no FaN for you gummi

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

no FaN please

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

plx wrangler plx

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

You’ll hear about rules before Season 8 starts, not now :) Probably around a month or so away before we discuss Season 8. Hope that helps!

GuMMi

frø
px.

Its just kinda confusing that you made an “AFS” rules section in your rule set and then stating that fan is banned in general…. so it seems that you have decided already…

So atm anyone could claim that the AFS rules are etf2l rules… plz either specify this properly to avoid confusion.. or simply find out what you want to change and then do it..

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Don’t see why we can’t just allow all unlocks except the blatently inbalanced ones.

I mean Natascha has given the heavy a bigger role in comp TF2, Gunboats are changing the way Solly is played. Might even see a roaming Engi some maps :D

But that debate is a long way away.

Tikcus

I hope AFS rules don’t stay, limiting options so much in matches is crap.
This AFS season is by far the worst season in TF2 I have played in to date, granted not just caused by unlocks, but the chance to use new weapons and tactics may have at least made it interesting. ETF2L matches now feel like a chore, and I look forward to the wireplay matches

USA rules in season 8 (allow all valve unlocks)

GuMMi

frø
px.

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys… but i was just trying to make things clear here..

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from GuMMi

I
So atm anyone could claim that the AFS rules are etf2l rules… plz either specify this properly to avoid confusion.. or simply find out what you want to change and then do it..

People can claim what they like, but the current ruleset was defined before the season was started. The same will happen again before Season 8, when we will engage in further discussion about it :)

Until then, this utterly pointless season which has proved the Admins right in that people were never going to have the ability to play properly over summer due to holidays/wanting to not be nerds, should be finished and this chapter closed.

2011 has a schedule already planned out that will not have any retarded summer leagues. I planned the 2011 schedule 2 months ago because I knew the summer league would be the festering shithole that this is. It’s just disappointing that for the majority of people in this community, the only way they’d believe it is by seeing it.

Edit: Gonna unlock this actually, you’re welcome to contribute to it. Please do not flame individuals though – that’s all I ask.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Just to add to that, because I don’t want people to think that I’m just being negative for no reason.

We had so many fun ideas for the summer that didn’t involve a fucking failure of a league format. It was ridiculously obvious by the polls on ETF2L and VanillaTF2 that a summer season would. not. work. No matter what format it was in…regular season or fun season. There were not enough teams or players committed into running throughout the summer and avoiding the sunshine/real lives/holidays.

The ideas we had for you would’ve been great fun. Things like a Nations Cup, a Champions League, more fun cups and the best of all, we had planned a top secret Summer Olympics (we started planning it in February)- which would’ve been fantastic for anyone that likes to have a laugh with their teammates.

An Olympics with silly events such as:

* 1v1 battles solly/sniper
* Prophunt
* Dodgeball
* Balloon Race
* That silly Wario Ware style funmap
And a whole bunch of others. Basically everything that would get you having fun with your team and just embracing the summer as an enjoyable time to play games, but also to go out away from gaming too.

But no, we’ve had to run a fucking failure of a season to appease everyone that didn’t listen to us. Awesome huh?

Making Admin decisions at the best of times is hard enough, but having to pretend to like a stupid fucking Summer league is just too much. Please, for your own sakes, listen to people who’ve run leagues in the past and who actually know what they’re talking about in relation to competitions over the summer. It’ll stop shit from happening like this in the future.

My name is D2M and I hate the Summer League.

Edd

T2P

Quoted from d2m

TL;DR d2m is mad

Last edited by Edd,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Edd

[…]

TL;DR d2m is mad

Not mad at all n0va mate. I’m trying to make a reasonable point and expressing my disdain for having to pretend to like a shit competition.

Ghent

Team

Quoted from d2m

I hate the Summer League.

+1

Edd

T2P

I didn’t mean it as a dig at you btw :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »