Forum

WARNING! - New hacking wave

Created 19th June 2010 @ 00:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

iQue

keso

Zebbosai seems to be hacked, I’m sure there are other people out there as well

NOTE: Occasionally hacked accounts will steal the name and avatar of an account that isn’t hacked at all, it happened to a friend of mine (appearantly I had sent him links when I wasn’t hacked). Just don’t click any dodgy links what so ever

Last edited by iQue,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from grimbar

Anyone who gets scammed like that deserves it.

+1

Why is this called ‘hacking’ anyway?

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

The link look like this: “http://steamcommunity_com/player/1234567890/” and the site is a copy of Steam, so it can be a bit tricky. I got this message yesterday and lucky me i noticed the “underscore” in the link and didn’t logged in.

octochris

(0v0)

Trust Spendy to get his computer hijacked.

AnAkkk

There is no “new hacking wave”. People are hacking accounts all the time. I get these kind of messages at least twice a month.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnAkkk

There is no “new hacking wave”. People are hacking accounts all the time. I get these kind of messages at least twice a month.

I always find the word ‘hacking’ used in contexts like this rather amusing, it implies almost that the person having their account ‘hacked’ could do nothing about it, it is a method of passing the blame to chance.

If you aren’t an idiot, you won’t get your account hacked. I got banned for a day almost a week ago for telling people to take security seriously. This is what happens when you don’t.

You have to be idiots to log in when somebody randomly sends you a link where you have to write your account name and password.

You can recognize such a message because they never talk to you, they don’t say “Ohai” before or anything else, just the link and “OMGWTF FREE GAMES TROLOLOLOLOL”.

blorg

Gotta agree with Chris here.
How can you call this hacking when it’s the person’s own fault? Oh, what’s this? A completely suspicious link that wants me to put my account details in?
Not like I’ve seen a thousand threads telling me not to click them before!
I don’t think anyone should sympathise with people like this. It’s retarded, and their own fault.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

What I don’t get is the fact that you don’t need to know much about computers to stop people getting hold of your details, just common sense.
If someone walked up to you and asked you for your bank card number (or whatever) you wouldn’t tell them, so why do something similar online?

Candy

MEAT

I was drunk ='(
it all happend so fast!.
I feel so dirty, O_O dirty on the inside water makes no diffrence…

AnAkkk

Well I think it’s called phishing, not hacking.

Kryzen

No one was hacked , You just gave him your details.

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from LillCeder

Mordi, candy and bagaren are hacked

hahaha mordi din jævla nabb

.____________.

Quoted from wer

[…]hahaha mordi din jævla nabb

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnAkkk

Well I think it’s called phishing, not hacking.

Yes, it is phishing, but people call it hacking because ‘phishing’ implies that they did it willingly, which in the vast majority of cases they did, but they’d rather not let people know that.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »