Forum

World Cup 2010 Discussion Thread

Created 11th June 2010 @ 21:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 54 Next »

LUPUS

Quoted from Fisshu

oh lupus, you are so fucking pathetic :D the majority of the country knew that England wasn’t up to form with the top teams, forgive us for having some belief in our chances of winning the world cup.

For someone that clearly adores football, it must be pretty frustrating to not see your country qualify. I personally would have loved to see Scotland and Ireland go through, but you guys just weren’t good enough :s maybe next time boys xx

You mad? England was terrible, didn’t deserve to be there.

Quoted from LUPUS

[…]

And most English know it. In fact, every englishman in this thread knows it and said it.

Imperium

Quoted from LUPUS

[…]

He even said England wasn’t up to form, and yes we were terrible now get over someone’s bad performance and let’s praise ireland’s good performances.

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

for someone who purposely went out to buy a germany shirt so he could sit in his bedroom posting bad jokes/troll attempts on a gaming forum declaring his hatred for the England football team, i’d say you were the mad one :D

yes, our team played terribly this WC, it’s not some huge secret that only you knew about. Germany are my favourites to win, good luck to them.

alfa

Good match, liked the goals, go home side referee

Last edited by alfa,

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

when do mexico play!? go mexico! woop woop woop

franco

i want a black team from a poor country to win.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Hopefully that’s the last we’ll ever see of Heskey. After mutilating our defence just before the start of the tournament with the assassination of Ferdinand, he only manages to go one better by being part of a striker quartet that manages only one goal between themselves in 4 games.

Next tournament hopefully we’ll see a new squad full of players who feel like they have to earn the England shirt. Short of Terry’s diving header defence against Algeria we lacked any passion. We need another Beckham, someone who gives a fuck about what it means to wear the England kit. Rooney basically didn’t exist the entire tournament, sure he ran against the German defence, but it was too little too late. Who was he going to cross to? Crouch is a player you only bring on for the lols, he’s not a proper striker. He’s the player you use to admit you have no ideas other than hit and hope.

Still, at least we enjoyed plenty of possession and were only destroyed by a German side that made the most of every single counter-attack they had. That’s what matters at the end of the day, making the most of your chances. Without a playmaker, a captain who can rally the troops or a single striker, we did the best we could. The world cup narrative continues as it always does, I’m glad we played Germany and I hope for the neutral supporter we gave them a glimpse of what a proper world cup game is all about. Just imagine what it would have been like if it was 2-2 at half time.

Here’s to the next tournament, hopefully we’ll see Ireland and Scotland there and we’ll once again remind them that being part of the UK means cheering your neighbours on and supporting them instead of gloating and mistaking friends for enemies ;P

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I agree with Snowie, we need another Beckham.

If he was playing & Ferdinand things would have been a lot better.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

germania germania!

troot

-9m-
DStS

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

I agree with Snowie, we need another Beckham.

If he was playing & Ferdinand things would have been a lot better.

Oh yeah, because beckham did the business at all those other tournaments….

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from troot

[…]
Oh yeah, because beckham did the business at all those other tournaments….

the guy was an awesome captain :/

remember that freekick in injury time vs. greece?

the man is a legend, he went to SA just to support the team, ITV and the BBC were offering loads of money to get him to be a pundit and work for them, he turned it down because he wanted to do anything he could to help England whilst they were there.

Snyyppis

RLM

Neither of Germany’s 2nd half goals would’ve happened if it had been 2-2 after the first half.

Not Germany’s fault that the goal wasn’t accepted though (albeit the goalkeeper clearly knew it was in, poor sportsmanship from his part).

Still don’t get why they refuse to check these things from the replays, it only delays the game for 10 seconds, big deal, put a minute more to overtime.

Septique

Thank you referees for ruining the whole world cup.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Septique

Thank you referees for ruining the whole world cup.

made it quite entertaining actually

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 54 Next »