Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

baerbel

trick17
trick17

http://xkcd.com/418/

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Fastlane was cool :>

I loved the fact that it was so exposed, really making snipers viable forcing people to play a different way.
I thought the middle tower was a nice concept; one high point to fight over.
But Fragga didn’t like it, and complained a lot :(

The map’s biggest downfall was the difficult pushing out from CP1; you basically had to wipe the enemy within 5 seconds or their spawn waves would be sufficient to hold CP2.

Some said it was difficult to push CP4 and CP5, but I didn’t really see it.
Just needed some teamwork and co-ordination… oh shi…

n00ne

gorge is here just because valve made it. And etf2l , as I think , are just scared or just cba telling them that well , sorry – not good enough. I don’t know anyone who likes gorge , only people who can bare to play it once in a while.

Last edited by n00ne,

LUPUS

Quoted from n00ne

I heard fastlane stopped being bad and decided to be awesome instead!

baerbel

trick17
trick17

i like gorge

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from baerbel

i like gorge

octochris

(0v0)

only reason i like gorge is that we’re good at it, otherwise i would hate it, it is a horrible map.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Insanity

Skyride shut up.
And it was Famous Bull that was destroying it :p

Oi, back under your bridge.

Quoted from Insanity

Fastlane > Gorge

malaria > ebola

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Quoted from SnowiE

Fastlane was reasonably enjoyable for a while, then we played Vertex and they put up an SG on our second point so we couldn’t push out. After that life didn’t seem as fun ;(

Sentry on second is quite possibly the greatest tactic ever. Just for that reason.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Thalien

[…]

Sentry on second is quite possibly the greatest tactic ever. Just for that reason.

Thalien called it and made us do it too. Blame Nick!

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Thalien called it and made us do it too. Blame Nick!

Hey, I also found the way to break the stalemate of 10 minutes of attacking last, pyro is amazing. Im a tactical genius on Fastlane, shame I hate it.

troot

-9m-
DStS

Fastlane can go lick my bells.

Btw, george is great.

Defur

people here know about CAC? :O:O:O:O

On topic: GO PRONLANE

Quoted from Admirable

The map’s biggest downfall was the difficult pushing out from CP1; you basically had to wipe the enemy within 5 seconds or their spawn waves would be sufficient to hold CP2.

Some said it was difficult to push CP4 and CP5, but I didn’t really see it.
Just needed some teamwork and co-ordination… oh shi…

This, it was never really difficult to push cp5, imo many people misunderstood the problem (being that once you were on last it took a minor miracle to get back to cp4).
Gorge is boring to me because it is like gravelpit minus fun.

A good map is a map where you can have 20 minute rounds of back and forth, or quick rounds because you dominate/get dominated. A bad map is where you deathmatch over one or two points for what seems like an eternity, aka gorge and fastlane. There’s no dynamic in those maps. Either you steamroll/get rolled or you stalemate (I’m counting holding last for 20 minutes before you finally lose as stalemate here). Those are the two options on those maps from my experience. That’s not fun to me.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »