Forum

i40 Early Early Bird

Created 7th April 2010 @ 18:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 Next »

Dr Icecream

Every pc/ laptop etc gets a safety tag, you can only enter with your pc being tagged and can only leave if you have the same tag as your pc does.

For mouses, keyboards and what not, no guarantees can ever be made though, however, people paying 74 tot 90 quid for a lan party are overall cool when it comes to that, so I wouldn’t worry all TOO much about that. However, being alert is always a godo thing :)

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from ilike2spin

Just a quick question on security, since so many people go and I’ve not heard a single complaint about things being stolen, I guess it’s fine. Still, just though I’d ask, is it generally fine leaving your stuff around? Obviously not really applicable to a big pc but for a mouse or something.

As mentioned in the previous post, major PC items (pc unit + monitor) will be tagged so there is no worries there. Laptops will have the tags but it may be worth investing in a kensington lock for peace of mind and extra security.

As for peripherals such as mouse/keyboard/headset, id recommend taking them with you back to your sleeping arrangements in the night if you feel THAT bothered by the risk of them being stolen. Considering 90% of G1 is now TF2, you kinda get to know the people around you, put trust in your community friends/clan mates/tf2 buddys? Im sure they are relying on the same trust from you.

ilike2spin

RLM

Ye definitely agree with that anderson, it’s those CSS fags I’d be more worried about. Thanks for the comments though, pretty much confirmed what I thought would be the case.

Black_Bob

[DA]

In stoneleigh there was alot of human traffic through your area for no reason, in newbury theres a floor which is nearly 100% tf2 stuff should be safe, but if someone is a pikey in tf2 we can hand out our own rought justice and hang him from the balconly upstairs!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yeah i here theres alot of irish people coming to lan with their “dags”. Keep your eyes on a guy called “Troot” hes the shiftyest person i’ve ever seen.

Rule of thumb is – Bring a rucksack with you and if you leave your desk for long periods just put “‘spensive” peripherals in the bag and job done. I only really have a decent headset so leave my mouse and keyboard on the desk and put steelseries headset round my neck or in my bag.

I had a kensington lock for my laptop. The first night or two I was paranoid and brought my headset back to the tent (nobody would steal a mouse as old as mine), but I stopped caring after a while. The place seemed grand.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Some pikey wanker tried stealing some mice/headsets from our clanmate at Stoneleigh, one of the server admins caught a good glimpse of him and informed security and security promptly threw the fucker out.

Probably best they found him first, 5 angry scots and 10 angry englishmen are probably not the best people to be on the bad side of, fucking scouse bastard. (No offence to any non-thieving scousers :))

I would recommend this lock from maplin as it not only secures your base unit but also allows you to attach all your cables to it, so there’s no need to take your keyboard/mouse/headset with you. I used this at i37 along with a Kensington lock for the monitor.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Enef

(No offence to any non-thieving scousers :))

Oxymoron?

Skyride

DUCS

Have to say, If you’re bringing a tent theres no harm in it. :)

alfa

Anyone who wants Canadian Mapple Syrup pm.Can bring about 10 bottles or smth :D

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from alfa

Anyone who wants Canadian Mapple Syrup pm.Can bring about 10 bottles or smth :D

Yes. I want some :D

Dr Icecream

same for Belgian beer btw x) Just name the brand :P

ilike2spin

RLM

Lol, what is this Black Market business?

Dr Icecream

No, just opportunities to get decent beer x)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 Next »