Forum

DeutschLAN 2016: Announcement + Main thread!

Created 9th March 2016 @ 15:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 15 Next »

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

If you can’t escape your past, make it your future.

It feels like just yesterday we came home from last year’s event, and it is not quite tomorrow, but we are happy to present you the Highlander-exclusive LAN-highlight of the year:

The very second Team Fortress 2 DeutschLAN!

WHEN?
From 9th – 11th September 2016!

WHERE?
Natur Ferienpark, Nieheim Germany! (www.mtalan.de).

WHAT?
A community Highlander LAN-event at the end of summer.
We will have enough spots for 12 Highlanderteams this year, potentially 2 more (uncertain).

Realtalk: What does this cost?
“Ticket” + 2 nights (Friday- Sunday) will cost you 100€ per person (+20€ for early arrival on Thursday, 8th), not including travel cost. If you need to stay until monday, you can do that as well.
This is slightly more than last year due to taxes and the park raising its prices, but still highly affordable in our opinion.
Details about where to wire the money will be sent to you via Email once you filled out the form on the signup page.

SIGNUPS:
Signups are open now!!! Sign up your team here:

http://www.mtalan.de/anmeldungmta946/addalletf2.php

One player of your team (does not have to be the ETF2L Teamleader) will collect and transfer the signup fee from all 9 players.
To sign up your team you only need to transfer 50% of the fee (= 450€ + early arrival + breakfast-special) for the time being, the 2nd half can be payed later. However, due to the limited amount of houses and thus teams that can participate, we recommend to transfer the whole fee (= 900€ + early arrival + breakfast-special) right away. You can also transfer the money via PayPal for a +2% fee. (We withhold the right to reserve houses for Premiership-teams, especially the defending champions.)
In your reason for payment you will have to put the text that is sent to you via email after registering.
Please note that the tenant is liable for everything that happens in his/her team’s house. We did not have any complaints last year and want to keep it that way. We appeal to every participant to behave and treat everyone and everything with the respect and common sense. This LAN will hopefully not be the last one of its kind, we do not want to have any troubles with the owners of the park.

Requirements:
Every teamleader (and only the teamleader) will have to add me to ensure fast and efficient communication.
Every team has to have a teampage on etf2l.org (Highlander Team, Fun Team or LAN Team) with all its 9 players on the roster, ideally stating who will play what class. This is invaluable for our production team. There is no minimum requirement in terms of skill-level.
You will also need to bring your own PC/Laptop as well as peripherals and LAN cables.
Players that are banned from competitions of the ETF2L by our Anti-Cheat Team for longer than two weeks when DeutschLAN 2016 begins are not eligible to play at LAN.
We highly recommend you to inform all players in your team about this crucial piece of information

Sooo…. Where do I sleep and stuff?
In case you don’t know it already: the Natur Ferienpark Nieheim offers the unique possibility for teams to reserve their own holiday houses to game and sleep in. Most houses have 8 beds, so some of the players might have to stay in a different house overnight. While that sounds bad, it turned out to be not a problem last year with staffmembers and couples staying in separate houses anyway. Of course you can set up your PC in your team’s house.
The houses offer 2 bathrooms, 8 beds and a fully equipped kitchen as well as a small terrace for Barbeques (Skeej make me ribs please).

I am underaged and still want to come.
You need to be at least 16 years old in order to participate.
Every tenant needs to be at least 18 years of age and has to check that every minor in the house has a guardian. These are the requirements of the MTA organizers.
The guardian and the minor are to remain sober for the whole duration of the event.
The parent, the guardian as well as the underaged person him/herself need to sign a document that states that:

– The guardian is a legal guardian by the minor’s parents’ permission for the whole duration of the journey (dates), as well as the specific participation at the DeutschLAN 2016
– The minor’s PC is free of viruses or illegal content as well as content that is not suitable for minors
– Neither of the two LAN participants is going to drink alcohol/ take drugs
– The document needs to contain copies of the minor’s, the guardian’s and the parent’s passports / IDs

We do not legally claim that the information given above is complete and correct.

Please note, that we do, to a certain extend, also accept “tourists” (i.e. players without teams). Contact me if you wish to come to LAN but not play and we will figure something out.

Sponsorship
We are currently looking for sponsors for this event in order to be able to provide certain services to the players (e.g. shuttle from train stations…) and a respectable prizepool. Sponsors could be companies, organisations or websites. If you have any suggestions or contacts, please talk to England Hildreth.
There will most likely not be a fundraiser this year.
Since we have been approached by quite some people that would like to contribute regardless, we have set up a PayPal account for DeutschLAN 2016 where you can send your donations to. Every donation made to this account will completely be used for DeutschLAN and not for personal interests.
We are currently talking to valve about adding medals for this year, but we cannot be certain at this point of time. Donators will receive a Supporter Medal, if those get added.
In the unlikely case we are setting up a fundraiser, your donations automatically will be added to it and trigger the perk.

Please send your donation via PayPal to [email protected]. Every tiny bit helps us out a ton!

If you are running low on funds, you can support us by spreading the word about DeutschLAN 2016, for instance on social media or just in your friendslist. (:

How do I get there?

You can take a flight to nearby airports, like Cologne, Paderborn or Dortmund. The place does not have a train station itself, although some smaller ones are nearby (Sandebeck, Steinheim, Altenbeken). We are working on a solution to get you to the actual village from those stations via shuttle service or something comparable. To book a train ticket visit http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml .
Some train connections are rather expensive, check out http://meinfernbus.de/en for a possibly cheaper and faster way to get to Paderborn/Bielefeld and then take a train from there.

This is the official topic for this event, you can go ahead and ask questions here. I will try to answer them all at some point. For reoccurring ones, I will add them to the post above.

Want to stay informed? Follow me on twitter to be the first to know:
http://www.twitter.com/Stinson_OutTF2

You can also join our Official Steamgroup: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/deutschlantf2

Thats it for now! Now go out and spread the word! Hype!

Last edited by DCS,

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Why would you do it again in nieheim..

Popcorp

Should I come this time? Kappa

Jaakarhu

Quoted from Popcorp

Should I come this time? Kappa

U lost ur chance already ))

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Any 6v6 this time?

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from Jaakarhu

[…]

U lost ur chance already ))

I am hopeful to see your fro again

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Nope! @Bloodis

Last edited by DCS,

unu

Nice! See all you nerds there :)

Asaaj

Anyone close to Leicester who might want to pick me up on the 9th? :D

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

nice =)

i guess this will be a question asked more often:
What’s the situation with internet and on-site coverage, any changes to last year?
(faster internet etc))

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ready to have a car crash on the way there again!

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Anyone wanna pick Steve and I up from Nottingham to Germany?

Will give admin secrets, food, and £70 for fuel

Domaytoe

(Certified Puntomime)
A51
Nein

Hypelander!

DeutschLAN – videogames, barbecue, gnats and more! o/

S!MON

(ETF2L Donator)

Awesome! Cu@ :D

You should probably post this on TeamfortressTV as well :)

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Kuferl

nice =)

i guess this will be a question asked more often:
What’s the situation with internet and on-site coverage, any changes to last year?
(faster internet etc))

They have an additional DSL wire (4->5) and 1-2 of those are planned to be upgraded to VDSL. They are definetly working on this problem

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 15 Next »