Forum

i55 - 28th to 31st August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 7th April 2015 @ 01:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 Next »

CHERRY

Quoted from Nymthae

[…]

The basement was nice :( it had carpet! I didn’t have carpet in the shitty hall I was in!

What Multiplay have done this year is separate the e-sports from the main stage (youtubers and shit). There’s an “e-sports stage” now where we had the VTV/TFTV stage last year. There’s still quite a few finals that need to be played though.

I already mentioned we’d prefer a later final, but pretty much the default response is “if people want to actually watch games they’ll have to get up/stay up for it” ergo, I expect we might get stuck with an early one again. We will have to wait and see, but still games like CS, doto, and LoL bring in more sponsorship, players, and viewers, so we’re not in a position to haggle.

Seating location is up in the air as i’m negotiating what we can get in terms of a casting area again.

For games like LoL or CS this is just a local LAN not many people outside of Britain care about when for TF2 it’s the biggest international LAN with viewers from across the pond wanting to watch :/ Finals being so early seriously affect the viewers as not everyone can/will wake up at 5 am.

beta

RaWr ::

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
For games like LoL or CS this is just a local LAN not many people outside of Britain care about when for TF2 it’s the biggest international LAN with viewers from across the pond wanting to watch :/ Finals being so early seriously affect the viewers as not everyone can/will wake up at 5 am.

Unfortunately as already highlighted, MPUK are a business and high in the priority list still remains making money, exposure, sponsorship. TF2 doesn’t really provide what other games can, regardless of viewer numbers from X country.

We have had a number of conversations with them in the past and Sunday morning last year was the best that could be achieved.

For this year, we won’t know until much nearer to August what the schedule will be but I’m sure a number of people will try their best to agree a time that works well for all.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Nymthae: Unfortunately we do not accept PayPal, we only accept the payment methods specified on the EventBrite payment page which I believe is pretty much all major debit and credit cards.

Got a reply from multiplay:

Debit cards are the other major payment method for Insomnia.

Otherwise, we can also accept a bank transfer although this can take some time to process.

(…)

Regards

You’ll probably have to sort out a ‘private’ bank transfer via support then, if you cant use a CC and cant/dont want to use a prepaid CC either.

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

If we can get the same basement area as the TF2 area again that’d be perfect, was more hype there than the stage for the grand final.

Setlet

How fast should I find a team so the 6 people can buy seats next to each other in the TF2 area (or wherever there are most tf2 teams)

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Not sure when seat picker is going up – usually after early bird. Early bird this time is defined as the first 1000 tickets, I believe. As of the 16th April just under 500 had been sold, and I expect pay day will start kick in in the next couple of weeks which might cause a spike.

Probably got a very safe couple of weeks, then I have no idea ;)

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Just sold one of my lungs and a kidney. So i’ve booked. RIP Gold and Silver membership.

Last edited by Coleman,

deathyy

Open't

Just bought my ticket also :)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Trying to find the quote to make sure i’m not making this up but i think early birds ends when 1000 seats are booked or Monday the 3rd of may rolls around. Anyone looking to book i suggest doing so by the weekend!

Edit: “There’s around 180 tickets left before early bird ends, else it ends next Monday at midnight”

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Trying to find the quote to make sure i’m not making this up but i think early birds ends when 1000 seats are booked or Monday the 3rd of may rolls around. Anyone looking to book i suggest doing so by the weekend!

Edit: “There’s around 180 tickets left before early bird ends, else it ends next Monday at midnight”

Can’t teach an old dog new trick aye, Taps.

mèx

:3
cirlo

Silly question: can I buy the ticket + EAS now and add the camping option at a later date?

deathyy

Open't

Quoted from mèx

Silly question: can I buy the ticket + EAS now and add the camping option at a later date?

I don’t think so, there is only a limited amount of camping spots, if you try to buy it later, chances are they will be out.

san alex

The australians have shown interest in coming again?

mèx

:3
cirlo

Quoted from deathyy

[…]I don’t think so, there is only a limited amount of camping spots, if you try to buy it later, chances are they will be out.

But is it technically possible? Because I need few more days (10-15 days) to decide whether to go camping or not, and I don’t want to miss the -20% deal.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from mèx

[…]

But is it technically possible? Because I need few more days (10-15 days) to decide whether to go camping or not, and I don’t want to miss the -20% deal.

Should be yes :) it always has been in the past. The only difference may be that you may have to submit a ticket manually to request the addition of the service – not sure, just not entirely sure how the new (eventbrite) system handles it. Before, it’s just log in and add additional services to your ticket. Looks like you might just buy it separately now and possibly submit your ticket ID to get it added to your ticket (so they know it’s yours).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 Next »