Forum

DeutschLAN 2015: Main Thread

Created 17th January 2015 @ 20:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 57 Next »

jakeowaty

Last thing for 6’s players here:

We don’t fuck up your threads with junk, so you stop fucking up ours. It’s a compromise we can all agree on.
And if you don’t like the idea, simply fuck off and go play at i55 or InfoShow where you will be knocked out in the first stage anyways and spend the rest of the lan doing nothing.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from jakeowaty

We don’t fuck up your threads with junk, so you stop fucking up ours. It’s a compromise we can all agree on.

?

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from jakeowaty

And if you don’t like the idea, simply fuck off and go play at i55 or InfoShow where you will be knocked out in the first stage anyways and spend the rest of the lan doing nothing.

all that mad

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from jakeowaty

We don’t fuck up your threads with junk.

wrong.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

PSA to all the highlander_enthusiasts: There’s bound to be 6s players already creaming their pants at the thought of ddossing this event in the ground, so let’s not rile people up any more than you already did.

TheMagicPotato

I really want to go to this. I basically have to.
LF EU HL team?

RTC

Debating whether I can put together the funds to go to this, especially with i55 in the equation also.

Hallow

P.O.P

okay constructive critisism. just because there is a demand for a hl lan doesn’t mean that demand is higher than the one for a 6s lan. and just because 6s players have 2 lans already doesn’t mean there isn’t interest in a third, especially one that seems really fun from a social perspective. and while i realise that you’re not trying to, you’re inevitably alienating the largest competitive format from the lan, something that might hurt attendance.

sure all of this can be shot down with “it’s worth a try” or “it’s all volunteer time anyway” but i feel like this just ended up a hl lan by chance without a constructive discussion; at least not a public one. i think every lan should aim to be the best competitive tf2 experience it can be, and while the current state of this lan isn’t inherently worse than any other, it very well could be and that should be discussed further.

Great job foungi and co. will defo come if 6s gets anyhow featured!

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from Hallow

as i have stated earlier, we have economic reasons to make this lan hl focused. while a democratic discussion and decision is ethically favorable, it’s not practical because a. most players who plan on attending i52/info can’t say now whether they’ll be able/ want to make the trip to DeutschLan in september and b. because unfortunately the organisers are taking responsibility without being paid for it or any insurance. a 100% transparent discussion is not possible (we can’t just post every email response on the forum), and i don’t feel comfortable having to execute what people who aren’t properly informed have decided.

firej

if you ppl want a 3rd 6s lan go and organize one yourself, this was organized by foungi to be a HL focused lan.
do you think you are forced to come there even if you dont want to or what is your problem ?

Popcorp

Quoted from firej

if you ppl want a 3rd 6s lan go and organize one yourself, this was organized by foungi to be a HL focused lan.
do you think you are forced to come there even if you dont want to or what is your problem ?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from firej

I’ll coin the term “6s entitlement” for these type of people

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from Hallow

okay constructive critisism. just because there is a demand for a hl lan doesn’t mean that demand is higher than the one for a 6s lan. and just because 6s players have 2 lans already doesn’t mean there isn’t interest in a third, especially one that seems really fun from a social perspective. and while i realise that you’re not trying to, you’re inevitably alienating the largest competitive format from the lan, something that might hurt attendance.

sure all of this can be shot down with “it’s worth a try” or “it’s all volunteer time anyway” but i feel like this just ended up a hl lan by chance without a constructive discussion; at least not a public one. i think every lan should aim to be the best competitive tf2 experience it can be, and while the current state of this lan isn’t inherently worse than any other, it very well could be and that should be discussed further.

You sound really entitled, armchair critic more than anything. So a bunch of HL-orientated players organise a HL lan, where did chance come into play in this exactly?

It’s like going to a vegetarian restaurant complaining they don’t serve meat, when the majority of the population does. That’s just dumb. They exist for a reason and this lan was created with HL players in mind so that these guys have a proper tournament that’s not just some kind of ‘pizza competition’ like the situation we have in i-Series.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Sweet, glad to see something settled, best of luck!

All this whining over HL is not necessary – but if you are a HL player (just stfu feeding the 6v6 qq and) please do make sure you support this event because words are great, but you really need numbers and teams to turn out to make these things a reality.

@organising: bit early maybe now but soon as you know/asap, I would recommend getting some times up in the first post for recommended departure for when people want to book flights (i.e. what time to you expect the tournament to finish) – did you get past the early Sunday finish?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 57 Next »