Forum

DeutschLAN 2015: Main Thread

Created 17th January 2015 @ 20:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 53 54 55 ... 57 Next »

Quoted from firej

Do pickup donators also get a supporter medal ? 8)

I got a list of people from pickup donations to DeutschLAN. Your name is not on that list.

I’ve PM’d the indiegogo donators that didn’t provide steamID’s yet, so check your mails.

firej

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

I got a list of people from pickup donations to DeutschLAN. Your name is not on that list.

I’ve PM’d the indiegogo donators that didn’t provide steamID’s yet, so check your mails.

Wow thats rude, didnt even get my colored Name in pickup what a scam :^(

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Maybe try to get a form going around like they have every year for Highlander prem players so You can easily gather opinions :D

– Try to get the date somewhere further away from i58 while not fucking too many people over with exams/school
– Try using the website for people to arrange transport and ect
– pls no more finals in the morning :3
– have some of the details regarding the lan written out somewhere earlier.(I didn’t find anywhere that you could stay until Monday until the spreadsheet was sent to me)
– Where was the pub quiz o/

Last edited by Aoshi,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

You have to keep in mind that it’s difficult to change the schedule, even if it’s a bit shit.
People arrive on Friday, some people can only go after school/work so you can’t really start earlier. People have to leave on Sunday so you can’t really have the final later either. As far as I know, anyone that didn’t stay till Monday had to leave by 4pm or something anyway.

The only reasonable change for me would be to have games go till like 2am. That would enable you to have more games on Friday and start later on Saturday. I don’t think anybody minds staying up that late anyway. That could also make Americans watch the stream without waking up incredibly early.

lol hl

Last edited by MARS^,

slimy hairball

(Eat Your Veggies)

Quoted from firej

Do pickup donators also get a supporter medal ? 8)

I donated through a show match stream – does that count for a supporter medal? I even won an unusual hat in the raffle – which Stinson already took care of long time ago.

oxocuboid

(ETF2L Donator)
LOOΠΔ

Quoted from MARS^

The only reasonable change for me would be to have games go till like 2am. That would enable you to have more games on Friday and start later on Saturday. I don’t think anybody minds staying up that late anyway. That could also make Americans watch the stream without waking up incredibly early.

lol hl

Almost everyone was up that late doing shit anyway. This seems to be the best solution for scheduling, imo.

I need the steam ID’s of 21 more supporters, check your mail or add me on steam to provide me your steam ID.

@mars, I’m not sure if having more matches on friday is better due to travel. people have trouble getting there.

This was our first time trying, so all of this is good feedback!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I gave you most of my feedback, but still:

– Schedule needs to be a bit more LAN-friendly (earliest game should be at 11 CET or 12 CET). This might mean that more games are played on sunday. I don’t see a problem with that. People don’t HAVE to be home by sunday evening. People with jobs can get a day off, people with school can miss out on one day. This is how it always worked at iSeries.

– There should be one or two more games on Friday.

– Easy way of making the schedule more relaxed: ditch the round robin. I’m sorry but what’s the point in playing these steamroll games? I’d be in favor of having an invite seperate invite bracket with the option of either online or at-LAN qualifiers (or both).

– I’ve seen suggestions to host DeutschLAN befóre the big iSeries. Good idea, but what about early July instead of June? The venue just bégs for great weather (but I’m biased with my bbq addiction ;))

– It would be cool to have some kind of central assembly hall, maybe with a little “bar”, a place where you can always find the admins, where you host the pub quiz, etc. Add a huge party tent to one of the houses and you’re done.

– Logs? Damage? Also stuff for casting like real time logs etc.

Clark

SDCK!

I’m finally back home so I can write a proper post.

First of all I want to say thank you to Stinson, kKaltuu, foungi and everyone else who helped organize this lan. It was an amazing experience and totally worth going to.

Secondly, I want to thank each and every Fair Enough member who attended the lan: Hartz, Lex, Emilio, Villdjack, kKaltuu, Blooddrunk and especially: Palmsky who stepped in to sub for us the very last minute and performed really well; Tseini who made me laugh with his entertaining approach to the game; Qnai who’s shared the best finnish candy with me and skeej whose food is only 2nd most delicious for me after my mom’s (naturally :D).

I would also like to mention great guys who couldn’t attend the lan but were still mentally with us when we played: Mint and Jakeowaty.

Thirdly, I want to thank each and everyone I met at lan and had a great time with. I’m not going to put any nicknames because I know I will forget someone for sure. But you know who you are :)

And finally, about documentary – I really have to apologize to everyone for promising much more that I will be able provide. That of course is not an excuse but I didn’t expect the games’ schedule to be so tight. If I did I would be able to set up proper interviews, walk around different houses and make some high quality material.

But I didn’t. So I’m left with what I’ve got which is not bad… but not at all what I wanted either. Samski kindly volunteered to help me make this as great as possible and we will try our best to do so. What I’m sure of is that if I ever decide to make something like this again I will definitely not be playing as well. It is just too much to handle.

Meanwhile pictures I took at lan are being uploaded now. I didn’t sort through them so you will have to do it yourselves. They are going to be available at this link when they are done: https://dropmefiles.com/fJQJB

I’m super tired from 22 hours on the bus so I’m going to sleep now.

Thank you all again so much and I hope to see you at DeutschLAN 2016!

With <3,

Clark

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Little bit of a reaction to the feedback. I appreciate it and just want to let you guys know the intentions behind some things.

You can’t really start games earlier than we did on Friday. People have to work or go to school on Fridays and then go to LAN (arguably only Germans, but there were quite a few of them). Even as it was some players almost didn’t make it to the first game.

We started Saturday kind of early so the Saturday evening would be free for those who don’t make it to the top 3. We thought a community evening where there were almost no games would be cool for people to connect. We could have started an hour later but then the lower bracket finals would have ended even later… Also I can’t really see it’s such a big difference to sleep one more hour.
You cannot schedule too many games on Sunday because people actually have to go back Sunday. Most of them already took one or two days off work an school on Friday/Thursday and would not be able to stay till Monday as well (including myself). We had people having to leave right after the award ceremony, which confirmed our plan.
Honestly, the schedule was tight but is was fucking beautiful. There were a lot of games but we all came to play and I feel like there was still time to hang out because of our lunch and dinner breaks. Additionally every team had a bye. It was just unlucky FE had theirs in the first round.
We originally didn’t intend to have a round robin, but else where we supposed to do with 9 teams. 9 is the shittiest number to make groups. If we have had 8 or 10 teams, there would have been groups. As for the rolls… I did enjoy capping last on Barnblitz against fair enough although we still got rolled. In my opionion, if you have prize money on the line, you can’t exclude teams from being able to have the theoretical chance of winning it.
Moving the event to June and July is not a possibility because the place is booked with regular families during summertime. They only offer this LAN in their weaker months when the weather is somewhat unstable the holiday season is over.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

The next time it would be nice:
-Better mics for the casters
-Maybe a production @deutschLAN like i55?
-more cams
-Better time for the final, because i think not a lot of people watched it

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Thanks for your response, Stinson.

Quoted from DCS

Little bit of a reaction to the feedback. I appreciate it and just want to let you guys know the intentions behind some things.

You can’t really start games earlier than we did on Friday. People have to work or go to school on Fridays and then go to LAN (arguably only Germans, but there were quite a few of them). Even as it was some players almost didn’t make it to the first game.

Like i mentioned: people can take holidays. The iseries games start at like 17:00 iirc? They manage just fine.

We started Saturday kind of early so the Saturday evening would be free for those who don’t make it to the top 3. We thought a community evening where there were almost no games would be cool for people to connect. We could have started an hour later but then the lower bracket finals would have ended even later… Also I can’t really see it’s such a big difference to sleep one more hour.

1hr on 6hrs of sleep is 1/6th, thats significant.

You cannot schedule too many games on Sunday because people actually have to go back Sunday. Most of them already took one or two days off work an school on Friday/Thursday and would not be able to stay till Monday as well (including myself). We had people having to leave right after the award ceremony, which confirmed our plan.

This is kind of a self fulfilling phrophecy. A lot of ppl will schedule their trip according to the tournament schedule, so its obvious that ppl left at that point.

Honestly, the schedule was tight but is was fucking beautiful. There were a lot of games but we all came to play and I feel like there was still time to hang out because of our lunch and dinner breaks. Additionally every team had a bye. It was just unlucky FE had theirs in the first round.
We originally didn’t intend to have a round robin, but else where we supposed to do with 9 teams. 9 is the shittiest number to make groups. If we have had 8 or 10 teams, there would have been groups. As for the rolls… I did enjoy capping last on Barnblitz against fair enough although we still got rolled. In my opionion, if you have prize money on the line, you can’t exclude teams from being able to have the theoretical chance of winning it.

Hence qualifiers

Moving the event to June and July is not a possibility because the place is booked with regular families during summertime. They only offer this LAN in their weaker months when the weather is somewhat unstable the holiday season is over.

Damn, thats a shame. On the other hand, a paying customer is a paying customer? I guess there are other valid reasons.

Last edited by skeej,

firej

Quoted from skeej

Thanks for your response, Stinson.
Damn, thats a shame. On the other hand, a paying customer is a paying customer? I guess there are other valid reasons.

well they have alot of houses (26 or so) and we just booked 9 of them, so they’d have to connect all the houses via lan what propably isnt that gr8 for the other customers there.

also we would need to actually behave by the rules if other customers are there like not leaving the house after 22:00 iirc and thats not what we want i suppose.

Maxi

BRIT

Quoted from DCS

Moving the event to June and July is not a possibility because the place is booked with regular families during summertime

cu@xmas LAN

Quoted from DCS

They only offer this LAN in their weaker months when the weather is somewhat unstable the holiday season is over.

I thought the weather was spot on

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from Maxi

[…]

I thought the weather was spot on

then again you’re a brit.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 53 54 55 ... 57 Next »