Created 17th January 2015 @ 20:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 57 Next »

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from smziii

[…]

people that drink pils are either girls/ or have homosexual tendencies just throwing it out there

ah so thats why germany brews so much of it!

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Nevo

What’s the closest airport/train station ?

Read “how do i get there” in the Original Post. (:

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from skeej

[…]

ah so thats why the north of germany brews so much of it!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Still mostly lagers doe innit? Apart from the weizens ‘n stuff.

You’re free to surprise me with some awesome stuff if you end up going, I can bring some sick Dutch brew :D

Last edited by skeej,

irfx

EPA

I might be able to attend and maybe bring some ruskeys, gon b gud)))))))))))

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

Quoted from DCS

[…]

Read “how do i get there” in the Original Post. (:

Missed it thx

Spike Himself

TC

Sorry if this was already mentioned but,

Sign your team up -> name players participating in email -> each person transfers the money -> if all 9 players payed their debt, your signup will be confirmed.

what if I don’t have a team to play in but I still want to attend?

Atzebumm

(ETF2L Donator)
Dr. med.

Quoted from Spike Himself

Sorry if this was already mentioned but,

[…]

what if I don’t have a team to play in but I still want to attend?

Read original post. You are only allowed to attend there, if you have a team. :(

Btw. I asked foungi about possible sports that dont involve a monitor.

Looks like there is no Basketballcourt, BUT swimming, tennis and Minigolf within 200m.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Since we have a limited capacity of Spots in Those houses, we Would prefer them with Players, that actually participate in the tournament to ensure a maxed out LAN.

In case we cant fill the houses with Teams only, that May change later.

adysky

building a team with osz for this!!!!! big hype

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from Atzebumm

Looks like there is no Basketballcourt, BUT swimming, tennis and Minigolf within 200m.

Competitive Minigolf Tournament, make it happen!

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Ok I am not gonna read this whole thread. Can someone explain why this is gonna be a highlander lan and not 6v6? I have nothing against highlander but we get this amazing chance for a lan and we play highlander? Well at least its another lan for me to dodge.

Last edited by sheepy dog's hand,

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from foungi

[…]

the capacities are limited, to about 160 players. even if we got the whole site for us, we’d max out at about 240, which is less than insomnia.
there are a few reasons for making it hl (this year):

1. there are quite a few 6s lans already, competing with those is unnecessary, it’d only split the community, since some players can only attend one or two lans.
2. it’s after all the big 6s lans, insomnia among them, so everybody has had their fill of 6s, and i don’t know whether we could get enough hype going. getting enough teams for a high level tournament in september is unprobable in my eyes.
3. because of the limited number of attenders, we are pretty sure it’ll fill up anyways. we’re trying to make the best use of the room we get though, and 9 players per house is more practical than 6 in terms of filling houses.
4. if enough players are interested in making a 6s tournament as well, we’ll obviously organize one. the prize pool for highlander will remain bigger though
5. if this becomes an annual event things might change.

why not try something new? if some people don’t want to come because it’s hl, we’re fine with it. if the lan doesn’t fullfill our expectations they’re right, if not nobody got hurt and some people had fun at a lan.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

I can’t be bothered responding to all that. You are basically wasting a good prizepool on the less competitive gamemode. 6v6 is just better from an e-sports point of view, the skill level is higher (the top 6v6 players are better than the top HL players) and there are more serious teams who could attend if it was 6v6 (less players in each team means more people could come and some people could share houses to fill them up.) You get this great chance to make an amazing lan and its gonna be a highlander one. This upsets me but its up to you. I won’t be going so it doesn’t affect me but I think this affects tf2 as a whole.

Also this whole ” there are quite a few 6s lans already” doesn’t make sense. There is 1 big tf2 lan a year and thats it. No one actually cares about the other insomnia lans apart from the summer one.

Also “because of the limited number of attenders, we are pretty sure it’ll fill up anyways. we’re trying to make the best use of the room we get though, and 9 players per house is more practical than 6 in terms of filling houses.”

ummmm no its not. People would be willing to share houses and if it was 6v6 we could actually get more teams in. Also gotta mention that if you look at season 20 right now there are a lot of good teams in prem and high that could make for an interesting lan. Last time I checked out highlander suddenlystarmia was in the premiership division.

I think making this a highlander lan is a mistake for tf2 in general. This is just my opinion but I think you should maybe think about it a little.

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

I can’t be bothered responding to all that.

I’ll be returning that favor, see you at LAN!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 57 Next »