Forum

DeutschLAN 2015: Main Thread

Created 17th January 2015 @ 20:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 57 Next »

Munky

AEUGH

Not sure limiting it to people in HL teams was the best idea. It would always be more of a social thing than competitive and setting aside seats for 10 HL teams (which would be a big turnout) then leaving the rest open would have been fine. People feeling cut out of an idea that seems really cool is probably why a few are throwing their toys out the pram. A chilled out 6’s tournament on the side wouldn’t hurt anyone as well as bring in more people which would be better for everyone. But it is possible I am hugely underestimating how successful it will be.

Nik

MEGA$$

Quoted from nole

Wo würde der 9. dann pennen? Zelt oder extra Haus? Mindestalter? Nur für Deutsche oder darf jede Nationalität teilnehmen? Muss man bei dem actual Tournament mitmachen um dort zu sein oder kann man auch einfach nur so hin zum chillen und zugucken wenn man z.B. kein Team hat zum teilnehmen? Und wie kommt ihr auf die Idee das ne HL Lan zu machen? Ich find die Idee von einer German-Lan recht cool und der Ort sieht auch echt geil aus besonders weil er 30min von mir entfernt ist aber ich bezweifle das man 20 HL teams zusammenkriegt für eine Lan. 6s wäre da glaube ich gefragter. Naja mal schauen was sich da ergibt. Also ich würds schon mega geil finden gerade weil der Platz da wirklich nice aussieht. q:^)

Did you read the post…?
Also, english. Maybe people could help you if you used english, or ask questions in the German sub forum. In german.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

That what Nik said

.Cali

TF2Co

Quoted from Maxi

so we have to bring food and cook it as well

welcome to real life :D

nole

BWB

Quoted from Nik

[…]

Did you read the post…?
Also, english. Maybe people could help you if you used english, or ask questions in the German sub forum. In german.

TL;DR lol. also to lazy to write english. people please q:^)

Nik

MEGA$$

Then please refrain from posting stuff like this because it doesn’t make you look very smart. Nor funny.

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from nole

Wo würde der 9. dann pennen? Zelt oder extra Haus?

Quoted from kKaltUu

Extra house

Quoted from nole

Mindestalter?

we’re working on figuring out the legal issues with this

Quoted from nole

Nur für Deutsche oder darf jede Nationalität teilnehmen?

obviously everybody, else it would’ve been posted in the german subforum

Quoted from nole

Muss man bei dem actual Tournament mitmachen um dort zu sein oder kann man auch einfach nur so hin zum chillen und zugucken wenn man z.B. kein Team hat zum teilnehmen?

Quoted from DCS

Please note that we will not accept “tourists” (i.e. players without teams) for the time being. This may change depending on the participation. It is hard to estimate for us at the moment if this event will fill up.

Quoted from nole

Und wie kommt ihr auf die Idee das ne HL Lan zu machen?

Quoted from foungi

the capacities are limited, to about 160 players. even if we got the whole site for us, we’d max out at about 240, which is less than insomnia.
there are a few reasons for making it hl (this year):

1. there are quite a few 6s lans already, competing with those is unnecessary, it’d only split the community, since some players can only attend one or two lans.
2. it’s after all the big 6s lans, insomnia among them, so everybody has had their fill of 6s, and i don’t know whether we could get enough hype going. getting enough teams for a high level tournament in september is unprobable in my eyes.
3. because of the limited number of attenders, we are pretty sure it’ll fill up anyways. we’re trying to make the best use of the room we get though, and 9 players per house is more practical than 6 in terms of filling houses.
4. if enough players are interested in making a 6s tournament as well, we’ll obviously organize one. the prize pool for highlander will remain bigger though
5. if this becomes an annual event things might change.

why not try something new? if some people don’t want to come because it’s hl, we’re fine with it. if the lan doesn’t fullfill our expectations they’re right, if not nobody got hurt and some people had fun at a lan.

das nächste mal einfach lesen.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

LOL anti-HL brigade get fucked

this will be siiiiick

nole

BWB

thanks foungi haha q:^)

Niicrush

AMG
C$B

On the website where the LAN is hosted it says one person who rents one of these houses has to be 18 and the regular players need to be 16 +

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Niicrush

On the website where the LAN is hosted it says one person who rents one of these houses has to be 18 and the regular players need to be 16 +

Guess spy main house wont happen then ;^)

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

no spy mains no HL?

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Admirable

this will be siiiiick

Damn straight!

Clark

SDCK!

I’ll be booking plane tickets to Dortmund next month. Anyone around the area to pick me up on 11th @12:30am? Will cover gas/petrol, of course :P

Asaaj

Quoted from smziii

no spy mains no HL?

RIP

If I go I have space for like one more person around the area of düsseldorf in my car, I am already picking up Nik, so be vary with your luggage cause I am not sure how much my Twingo can hold :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 57 Next »