Forum

idea for a very special tf2-exclusive lan

Created 18th December 2014 @ 17:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Try to make a tournament out of it, we will have propably majority of mix teams anyway, so it doesn’t hurt. Most important are logistics, they need to be set up earlier so people can plan their shit.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from jakeowaty

HL Players: Hey guys, let’s have a fun LAN with booze and games we love, no matter what kind of mode you play as long as you have fun. Oh, HL is the main event, so if you feel like it, please sign up.

6’s Players: OMG Highbanter is fucking gay, OMG I’m not coming, this is stupid, fuck you guys, Highlander is worst game mode -1.

Now you can tell me which community is healthier.

The one youre not part of idk which one it is. Nice generalisation.

Imo the tournament as such is way less important than the number of attendends and who organises it. TCL was great because the people who ran it knew what they wanted and how, and everyone came for the experience ( also HL didnt exist so… :P ). My team including the legendary Tapley lost all games but we had the best time because of the smoking and drinking with a lot of (top) tf2 players. If youre gonna do this try to focus on getting as many people as possible and base any tournament ideas on the people who will come and what they want. Some structure is probably needed but set it up first, try to get sponsors, let the USA fund us all or anything and then worry which gamemode to play. Id prefer a stopwatch mvm / pyro dodgeball tournament if any.

TL;DR : Get people first, both organising and attending and worry about the tf2s later

Last edited by Vlijm,

stephen

Quoted from jakeowaty

Highbanter.

8)

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Those mentioning about all the logistics organisation: is there that much to do really? My initial reaction to this is that surely the whole place is relatively hassle free because they’ve sorted most of the shit other than like food and your PCs.

How I saw this:
a) speak to organisers (in progress, seems positive?)
b) decide when, build hype, and have enough people to pay to confirm the event
c) ???
d) profit

the biggest issues seem to be so far:
– possibly internet, and departure time – conversations in progress, ish.

– when

– production – but this is mostly going to be a small team, sorting gear etc. may be annoying, but as it’s not a big stage/huge tournament we’re not reliant on this. at worst we’ll just stream sideshow and coleman

– tournament organisation, but without dates it’s so far difficult for most people to say they will be able to go to run it (i.e. I would consider it personally, if I could go, but I don’t know if I can without dates and realistic travel plans)

– sponsors (?) may as well try

As for when:
April – InfoShow
May – OG Lan
August – i55

anything else missing? could try squeeze it in July, as I guess most schooling is done, and hopefully the weather should be reasonable if people still are thinking about trying to stage something outside/would be better socially. It’s that or potentially something like end of October?

foungi

0fo
0FO

july seems to be the best option. kkaltuu would help with the tournament organisation as well.

the problems you listed are indeed the main points, but internet comes first.

if we can’t play & stream properly it doesn’t make too much sense. once we got that sorted out we’ll start talking about the rest.

Last edited by foungi,

You can always do STV demo casts if need be, but the main focus should be having a stable connection to steam community for the loadouts.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

You’re going to struggle to find sponsors that will be willing to give out anything for 9 people per team. Not only that but even with 6v6 some teams have to arrive with mercs because of team mates not getting time off and various other reasons, so then you’ll start struggling to even field proper teams.

You’d probably have a better bet of not advertising or saying which game mode you’re supporting but just had it as a LAN for comp tf2 in general.

You could then maybe crowdfund the prize pools or then start finding sponsors once you actually have numbers.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Cant we force the americans or top teams to fund the worst players to lan?

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

since the housing+ internet+boyc is only 90 euros you can just make it 120 euros per person
and its still roughly about 250 euros cheaper than iseries (hotel+ticket)
use those 30 euros for pricepool and you got something to play for-

Last edited by smziii,

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

BIELEFELD!

Blooddrunk

Nein

Quoted from .kr4tos

BIELEFELD!

Bielefeld doesn’t exist though

foungi

0fo
0FO

sonny black had the same idea as well saemzi, seems like a good one to me.

Quoted from Blooddrunk

[…]
Bielefeld doesn’t exist though

doch, bald auch in der regionalliga

1pt

CC

Quoted from Toast

a house full of spy mains sounds amazing

Almost choked from the laughter.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from 1pt

[…]

Almost choked from the laughter.

female house with all the medics.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

There is no way this Could be a wc. And it should not try to be tbh. I agree with scissors and some others, lest make this Weekend about having an awesome time playing this stupid videogame! I dont Even Care If we find a Sponsor for prices. Just Cover the cost and Everyone will be Fine. People that go to a tf2 lan to earn Money at this Point of Time are retarded anyways.
I dont Even think we should be Worried about livecasting and streaming. I mean, If we can get it to work- Great. If not- we will still habe Tons of fun?! Its not like i Wont enjoy Playing anymore If i cant Satisfy the 5 People that Would Actually Watch a cast. Or shouldnt be a Problem to Game there as there have Been lans already right? So find a Date and lets go, fuckthekommerz

Also to all the People that say hl Teams dont go to lans: im not an expert, but has anyone Ever tried to do an actual hl lan? I can Imagine Teams dont Show up because they know If they go to Most Lans they will just be the Appendix Nobody Cares about. If You out hl Teams in the Spotlight, more might Sign up
I Guarantee You the doctors of mediocrity Would attend 10/10

@felix: helfe gerne mit orga wenn ich was beitragen kann. Vllt geht ja was über etf2l. Lass es mich einfach wissen

Edit: i am on mobile so German autocorrect goes Crazy, but You get the idea

Last edited by DCS,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »