Forum

New Team Fortress 2 event

Created 15th October 2014 @ 17:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

ondkaja

IKEA

Why not make it both HL and 6s? The more the merrier, unless the venues are actually not very big.

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from hawku

[…]

Can you get drinks deals?

and can you make some of the side events drinking orientated?

If it’s highlander main event, that’s cool, but I’ll just go to drink instead of play.

edit – I’m an alcoholic.

Thanks to a friend of mine I came up with a really nice drinking game involving the main event. I won’t tell you what, you’ll have to come to the event :p

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from ondkaja

Why not make it both HL and 6s? The more the merrier, unless the venues are actually not very big.

Because this event will be TF2 focussed, not specifically competitive and highlander fits TF2 best. Having both the formats would narrow it down too much to competitive.

Last edited by Cmm Bert,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Cmm Bert

[…]

Because this event will be TF2 focussed, not specifically competitive and highlander fits TF2 best. Having both the formats would narrow it down too much to competitive.

Well, I still don’t understand why it is a problem. It’s not like the 6v6 players will take away spots from people who come to play casually or highlander. It’s just a weird approach to a non-existant problem.

EDIT: Not saying there aren’t legitimate reasons to not host a 6v6 competiiton, including time management/finding sponsors/scale of the event etc etc. but if you are aiming for a 200 players even I don’t understand how alienating a lot of players will help.

Last edited by ondkaja,

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]Well, I still don’t understand why it is a problem. It’s not like the 6v6 players will take away spots from people who come to play casually or highlander. It’s just a weird approach to a non-existant problem.

Because this event is more casual play than pure competitive. Having 2 leagues would narrow it down too much to comp. and team fortress has so much more to offer than just comp.<

Either way, it's highlander event, and I'm not changing that.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

so far, it sounds like a LAN that nobody is gonna attend tbh
doesn’t appeal a single bit especially with HL happening at deutschLAN already.
who’s gonna spend a ton of money to play some pubs and maybe some casual HL?

Last edited by MARS^,

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from MARS^

CHERRY

Quoted from smziii

– make it happen in central europe like for example netherlands
– make ticket etc cheaper than insomnia

Everybody will love you

Isn’t Germany more like central europe? Should work for both Scandis and Frenchies and Germans of course.
Oh wait DeutschLAN :D Just make them do 6v6 instead!

Last edited by CHERRY,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

It’s so awesome that you are doing this, but with DeutschLAN just around the corner, I really gotta agree with the others. If it is going to exclusively be a HL LAN, filling it is going to be very difficult. I really think you should reconsider doing both formats, after all, it’s the same game, I see no reason why it can’t be fun doing it this way

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from MARS^

So you are telling me, everyone attends purely for the competitive league. Meaning there’s no reason to go to a LAN other than to compete in the cup. That also means that if you get knocked out of the league on the first day, there’s no reason to stay on the LAN anymore.

This LAN is more focused on the social and fun part of a LAN rather than the competitive side.
Want to meet teammates somewhere and just play together? Now you can, a whole weekend long rather than just the cup.
I can imagine competitive minded players (like you, no offence) would rather go to DeutschLAN. Which is absolutely fine by me. DeutschLAN brings more competitive experience than I will, most definitely.
I know there are a lot more other tf2 enthusiasts that play this game for the fun it brings.

Quoted from Scissors

It’s so awesome that you are doing this, but with DeutschLAN just around the corner, I really gotta agree with the others. If it is going to exclusively be a HL LAN, filling it is going to be very difficult. I really think you should reconsider doing both formats, after all, it’s the same game, I see no reason why it can’t be fun doing it this way

As I tried explaining a few posts back, this LAN will have a comp tournament as main event but there is going to be way more to it than just the cup.
This LAN is for everyone who enjoys TF2, not just the competitive community like all the other LANs.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

It’s usually just that only people semi-serious enough about playing the game are willing to spend the €200-€300 on going somewhere for a weekend. It’s like any kind of interest or sport: the casual players will generally invest a lot less in their equipment than anyone taking it more seriously.

You’re designing a small community LAN, which is great, but this isn’t the audience you need. People here are united by competitive, hence that’s where the interest is. What you need is probably something like a public server community/community clan. My first LANs were with a sort of community clan and they were fantastic, because they are about the social and playing casual games with each other.

If you do have some sort of community core (that’s not a league of competitive players) then you stand a perfectly good chance. In terms of these forums even, it’s likely the more keen competitive players that actually bother read/contribute so again, not the best audience for your idea. Gotta build something up, like establishment of insomnia started with probably something like <30 players.

There is nothing wrong with your intentions, but you are against the grain developing this through a competitive community.

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from Nymthae

It’s usually just that only people semi-serious enough about playing the game are willing to spend the €200-€300 on going somewhere for a weekend. It’s like any kind of interest or sport: the casual players will generally invest a lot less in their equipment than anyone taking it more seriously.

You’re designing a small community LAN, which is great, but this isn’t the audience you need. People here are united by competitive, hence that’s where the interest is. What you need is probably something like a public server community/community clan. My first LANs were with a sort of community clan and they were fantastic, because they are about the social and playing casual games with each other.

If you do have some sort of community core (that’s not a league of competitive players) then you stand a perfectly good chance. In terms of these forums even, it’s likely the more keen competitive players that actually bother read/contribute so again, not the best audience for your idea. Gotta build something up, like establishment of insomnia started with probably something like <30 players.

There is nothing wrong with your intentions, but you are against the grain developing this through a competitive community.

I know what you are talking about, but I figured having a thread here wouldn’t hurt anyone.
You’re forgetting that this is not the main platform of promotion that I am using.
My website will be, and that will get spread across the community.
I am polling interest here and other than posts, I already got more response than visible here.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4