Forum

New Team Fortress 2 event

Created 15th October 2014 @ 17:17

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Hello
I have been thinking of making a TF2 exclusive event and the thought keeps bugging me.
I only have a lot of questions and quite a few of those remain unsolved, so I’m resorting to this forum to see if you have any answers/tips/suggestions on how to organise this effectively.

Some questions I ponder are:
-How much interest will there be for a TF2 exclusive event (no other games involved)
-Will people be willing to actually travel to this event
-How much would people be willing to pay for a ticket to said event

I don’t really know where to find these answers, so if you’d have an idea please post it
—————————————————————————————————–
Some ideas I’ve been thinking about (nothing is certain yet):
-Competitve league (HL/6s)
-Exclusive LAN pubserver
-(maybe in a later stage) event exclusive hat/medal
-Live lobbies with people you meet

I had some more, but I didn’t write them down. If you have any ideas, I’d love to hear em.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

– make it happen in central europe like for example netherlands
– make ticket etc cheaper than insomnia

Everybody will love you

akachu

if you make it central like smzii says, people will definetly be interested

h3x

bedgetf2

Quoted from smziii

– a good prize pool?
– a date which fits to people (not during the exam season)
– real life & in-game medals (2cool)
– Tournements with brackets. (10 games should be played) in 2 or 5 days?
– bringing americans & Australians
– rental pc’s

& more

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from h3x

[…]

– a good prize pool?
– rental pc’s

& more

why does it have to be this grand? it’s not realistic for some random person to organise an international tf2 event with big prizes with americans and australians coming over

h3x

bedgetf2

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]
why does it have to be this grand? it’s not realistic for some random person to organise an international tf2 event with big prizes with americans and australians coming over

i thought he wanted smt like really professional

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from smziii

Everybody will love you

I live in Belgium, so that might just work out?

Quoted from h3x

[…]
– a good prize pool?

Where would I get prizes from? Entrance fees from tickets or entrance fees for competing teams? Or maybe something different?

Quoted from h3x

[…]

I do not have a date yet, any months that seems fine? I thought about end of october

Quoted from h3x

[…]

Will look into RL medals but can’t promise ingames cause I’d need valve support

Quoted from h3x

[…]

I’m already thinking of that as the main event

Quoted from h3x

[…]

Not sure if that’d work out financially, but will look into it

Quoted from h3x

[…]
– rental pc’s

Most certainly will look into it

Lemme ask you guys a direct question. How much would you be willing to spend on an event like this?

akachu

[/quote]
Lemme ask you guys a direct question. How much would you be willing to spend on an event like this?[/quote]

since im from the netherlands and if its hosted there im willing to put multiple hundreds into it for whatever

huhystah

I don’t think you realize how much it will cost for you. Just come to Lithuania as we have pretty much everything here. As of right now the lans are held in University, but we are trying to negotiate a deal with basketball arena in Kaunas. It would be much easier to help out current project with contacts, PC’s, real good internet connection, space for hosting LAN events, rather than going for something new that will probably never happen.

Last edited by huhystah,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Do it next year, get loads of planning, hype, organisation in to it etc. Once that is done you’re going to get a higher attendance because more people will have time off around it and stuff.

Quite a few companies are now getting in to TF2, prize could be done with entry fee, from sponsors etc.

Max

Fusion

The date you propose is really important.

If this LAN happens at the end of 1st term(which is holiday for most I guess) you are going to have lots of attendance.

I will most certainly come to the LAN and play some vidya games if the LAN is during a holiday.

ondkaja

IKEA

If you want Australians and Americans coming over, there has to be a giant prize pool and announced at least like nine months in advance. However, it’s not realistic at this stage so I think you should aim for a smaller scale event.

Yes, if promoted correctly there will be interest for a TF2 only event. If it’s in Belgium and it’s an attractive LAN alternative I’d reckon you could get up to 150 people to attend, since it’s close to Germany, UK and France which have big player bases for TF2.

For the prize pool, talk to sponsors to get hardware prizes and maybe even some money. You could also crowdfund the prize pool but that requires a significant effort. The entrance and sign-up fees should cover the expenses for the LAN and if the price is too high less people are going to attend, so it’s a slight risk to fund the prize pool with the entry fee. The fees for the event itself should be max €100 but the lower the better. I’d be willing to attend at least.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Please do not underestimate the amount of time and money it takes to host a proper LAN event. It’s nothing you just “do”, it requires proper planning and a lot of resources.
That said, if you pull it off I’d probably be willing to spend up to 300€ for travel (from Germany), accomodation and entry.

Bob Bami

Netherlands plz, will come if that’s the case 8)
Weekend event
christmas holidays????
100/200 euro’s if i live near it.

Last edited by Bob Bami,

Cmm Bert

[P-roc]

Quoted from CanFo

Please do not underestimate the amount of time and money it takes to host a proper LAN event. It’s nothing you just “do”, it requires proper planning and a lot of resources.

I am not underestimating this, I have an end term paper for my business class and chose this topic. I will plan this well. The only factor I need to know is how much interest I’d be getting. That one parameter is blocking me from working it out.

Quoted from CanFo

if you pull it off I’d probably be willing to spend up to 300€ for travel (from Germany), accomodation and entry.

Thanks, that’s very useful info :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »