Forum

LAN Thanks Thread

Created 25th August 2014 @ 15:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Didn’t see one made. Just want to thank everyone I asked to sign the vanillaTV shirt and for being so accommodating. Whilst it wasn’t given a chance to be given out at the final (due to time constraints), it still makes a good “Thank-you” gift to Arie/Byte for their years of service.

Shoutout to all the nice people I talked to over the weekend and special shoutout to Team Colonslash

CU Next year

Last edited by TurboTabs,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Big thanks to all the people that donated to my fundraiser, thanks to the whole vanilla crew for the awesome media coverage and thanks to reason gaming.
Shoutout to all the great people i met such as epsi, aws, clockwork seagull, the lobby crew gubbins lux alex squirrel eepily ceegee, ramown and jesse, ayogurls, my team , admirable, atmo,shintaz davidthewin etc etc etc
If i missed you sorry

Also big thanks to permzillaa dad or giving me and sonnyblack a lift from and to the airport

Last edited by smziii,

I simply can’t name names. I sat in Word for 10 minutes, typed about 50+ names, looked at it and thought “you know what, I’m definitely going to miss someone out, and they’ll feel bad”, so I’m not going to personalise this post.

EVERYONE that went to this event was amazing. Once again, big props to the Americans and Aussies for coming over, big props to the community that turned up to enjoy the games and have a few drinks, and big props to anyone who bought me a drink/I bought a drink for.

I think a special mention goes out to the production crew. I’m not sure if you lot at home saw the setup, but at the event, it was completely amazing.

Big love to everyone I met and had a good time with – if we had a chat which involved more than 4 coherent sentences coming out of my mouth without me shit-talking you, you’re on the list – I know you know who you are.

Last edited by Shintaz,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Shoutout to everyone I met and talked to, except Clive. Fuck you Clive.

Blooddrunk

Nein

Even if I didn’t participate:

A big thank you to VanillaTV, TeamFortressTV, BlackoutGaming, Team Nein! (I hope next time guys!), any other sponsor and all players and caster for the amazing casts etc!

Made my rainy weekend really enjoyable.

Greetz

Last edited by Blooddrunk,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

I wasn’t there, but huge thanks to:

– tf.tv and VanillaTV for the outstanding quality of coverage
– Arie for publishing my article even though he was extremely busy
– Rob for organising the HighLANder cup
– HiGPS and Ceejaey for spending almost the entirety of Saturday and Sunday afternoon casting the HL cup
– tf2pickup for donating prizes to the cups
– All the teams who participated in both tournaments.

Roll on i55!

nevier

(XD ͜ʖXD)

wasn there as well but really enjoyed the casts and the matches. the casters were awesome and they made me really comfortable and hyped watching.
i hope the next one will be as good :p

I was there for a day (as discussed elsewhere). I only met War who was friendly enough to chat to me on the way back to the TF2 hall. Then I had a chat to Kkalttu for a bit outside the hall.

Big ups to the broadcasting crew, I was up till 1:30 watching TF2 and it was all awesome fun. Also to Sideshow for the setup/LAN cam, hope your car gets sorted, offer still stands if you need any parts give me a shout I know some Minor guys in Coventry.

MASSIVE internet hug (because I didn’t manage it in person) to Atmo for the inter-stream music choices. Give me a shout some how, I needs some more music chat from you, Radio TF2 :)

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Big thanks to cvm for giving a lift for free
Thanks to war for buying breakfast (i can repay in tf2 items)
Thanks to shintaz for having no idea who I am and giving me a red bull
Thanks to saints for being the friendliest people ever
Thanks to everyone who donated to the 70 high pizza box tower

And thanks to everyone who was cheering EPSILON when they beat mixup

atmo

everyone I:
hugged
shook hands with
high-fived
carried on my back
worked with
snus’d with
flipped cups with
cheered on
cheered with
went clothes and grocery shopping with
selfie’d with
laughed with

you’re all the best
cu@LAN

Last edited by atmo,

CeeGee

(Knutsson Fanboy)
doggo

Massive thanks to Nymthae and Snowie for running the event so that we could all get on with enjoying ourselves, they did a fantastic job and I really think we can’t thank them enough for everything they’ve done for us all.

Thanks to all the casting and production crew at VTV/TF.TV for the great casts, I’m looking forward to catching up with everything that I missed live.

Thanks to everyone who traveled from far and wide to play against the best in the world in this fantastic game and put on a great show. Also thanks to everyone from the community that helped fund or otherwise support said travel and thanks to everyone that helped out with equipment and other stuff that the players needed.

Shoutout to Clive, Lux, Alex, Gubbins, Omnibombulator, Ramown + gf, Twinqe, MissHedgehog, Sneakeh, Worms and plastic minnows (thanks for the sock), Squirrel, Smzii, Admirable, Dendocror, Maggles, all the clanDA crew, all of AwS, Anderson, Coleman, MattCV, Lewis, Tweak, Loris, Eepily, Tymarinia, Basshead, the wasp (thanks for not killing Clive) and anyone I forgot (sorry!).

I am a heron. I have a long neck and I pick fish out of the water with my beak. If you don’t repost this comment on 10 Twitch chat channels, I will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans.

Last edited by CeeGee,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Thanks to everyone, especially the production crew for such a ridiculous amount of effort that was put in, I honestly cannot believe how amazing it all was.

As shintaz said, I can’t really give a list as I will 100% miss someone out but I had so much fun.

Although I’d like to thank nymthae for arranging the tournament and having to deal with the hundreds of Epsilon problems leading up to and during LAN, I really appreciate it.

wpminnows

[PG]

thanks to dendo for giving me a tent even if it didn’t come with tent poles
thanks to ceeg for giving me a floor for the weekend after i realised the lack of tent poles
thanks to everyone else who isn’t related to the tent poles

wpminnows

[PG]

thanks to tagg for noticing me

FIR

SnG

Being my first summer lan, this has been absolutely amazing!! Seriously, I met so many people and made a complete fool of myself as usual, it truly was an experience unlike none other!

Thank you to:

Everyone I met on the FABULOUS FLIP CUP GAMES, jesus christ you guys are fucking awesome
Everyone I babbled drunken shit to, cheers for tolerating drunk+fanboy+loud+cringey me
Everyone I didn’t babble drunken shit to, talking/playing with you guys was truly fun
My highlander teammates (for carrying me) and the organizers (forever grateful for pizza+drink+medal)
All the teams, 6v6 and 9v9 alike, for being there and playing your hearts out and making the atmosphere electric
All you people who got a hug from me and didn’t mind it
Everyone I met, eventhough some were fleeting it was memorable

Cue post-LAN blues

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »