Forum

Another fundraiser?

Created 3rd June 2014 @ 15:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Hi i honestly hate doing this but since my uni year lasts longer this year i cant work more hours and earn enough money on my own to make lan (i52)
I’ve been to 3 iseries already and always paid for myself (roughly 2000 euros in total) but this time i just cant make it.

So iam starting a fundraiser and yes i know anooooooother fundraiser what a faggot why doesnt he just pay for himself etc etc
well i just cant afford it this year but i dont wanna just beg for money and be a cheap faggot. So i will combine it with a raffle with amazing prices such as:

Burning Flames Whoopee Cap
Australium Scattergun
3x Quality mentor session for your whole team sitting in mumble for 1-2 maps and talk to you afterwards etc (and i mean it not like fucking yanks that just dodge out and never do it)
3x mentor sessions for single person (that might not have a team yet) pretty much hang out for like an hour or two and talk tf2
other prices well tf2 hats and maybe another unusual that i might get in a bit^^

5 Euro donation equals one ticket!
10 Euros equals two tickets!
15 Euros and more equal four tickets!

All the money i will get will go straight into lan and nothing else!!
If i dont get enough money to actually make lan i will put everything i raised into the american fundraiser which you can check out here
http://etf2l.org/forum/lan/topic-28878/page-1/#post-498741
and if that happens i will get some kind of confirmation/proof from lange so you can see that iam realtalking it!
Since it wouldnt make sense to give out the top tier prices (burning flames unusual and golden scattergun) if i dont reach a certain amount of money iam gonna set a cap for these prices at 300 euros.

Where is the money going to:

flight tickets = 200 Euros (+ money to pay for my luggage n shit)

lan ticket = 100 Euros

trains in germany and england = 60 Euros (roughly)

pc rental ? = no idea actually maybe i can get some parts from friends etc but i would estimate 100 euros

food and a place to stay (tbh i dont mind sleeping on a hotelroom floor or campsite but even campsite isnt for free anymore :((((() so i guess thats another 150 euros maybe more??

my paypal
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KU2MPU8ZY96BE

Please make sure you leave a comment if you donate with your etf2l name maybe or email or something so i can get in contact with you.

The raffle will take place at july 6th at 18cet on my stream twitch.tv/saemzi

On a side not if i would magically raise more than i need (roughly 550 euros) i will donate everything thats above that to the american fundraiser aswell!

so please no hate iam apologizing once again but please help a brother out ;)

Last edited by smziii,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

you might be able to save a bit when it comes to trains if you can get a megabus instead

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

trains in england from birmingham to coventry are 10 pounds as far as i know?

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

ah yeah
if youre going from birmingham it should be pretty cheap (at least by the UKs standards)

ondkaja

IKEA

you can save a lot of money by taking a flight to london and taking the bus to coventry. my flight ticket only cost €75. might be a bit of a pain in the ass in london but it’s worth it imo

edit: apparently the prices are much higher in germany so nvm

Last edited by ondkaja,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

flying to london is more expensive for me ^^

frixx

LG

Is not going an option? For instance some people adapt their priorities according to their money situation. Wild idea, I know

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

since its the only opportunity really to enjoy competitive tf2 in a lan surrounding + meeting all the people etc i would rather try everything to go than just sit at home :)

frixx

LG

Quoted from smziii

since its the only opportunity really to enjoy competitive tf2 in a lan surrounding + meeting all the people etc i would rather try everything to go than just sit at home :)

Ye, I get that it just sound silly to spend lots of cash on something you don’t really need rather than on something you need. I assume if you take this trip you will be broke when you come back..or?

In any case, gl with fundraiser

Last edited by frixx,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

well i pay for everything i need by working, and i will pay as much as i can for the lan by myself obviously, its just that i cant bring up that much this year

and no i wont be dead broke after lan cuz i still work^^

Razkar

cj.com

gl smzi

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

GL mate

also incase you didn’t know but give Skycanner.net a go. you might find a deal on there.

Plus people in UK could help you out with lifts and stuff to save a few quid.

and also Multiplay have said there will be a free indoor sleeping room which would save you even more.

check out the multiplay forums for more info

Last edited by BoneS,

bìester

kannst für 5 € mein auto putzen :)

maidos

another donation perks you could include is mentoring session for more than 2 maps the more u donate. i know few of my friends donated solely to get mentored by banny/shade back then when hrg wanted donation fund.

Last edited by maidos,

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from bìester

kannst für 5 € mein auto putzen :)

HAHAHAHAHA :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »