Forum

i52 - 22nd to 25th August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2014 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Setsul

So it all comes down to the bad time of the grand finals?
There’s definitely a way to change the times.

Which games are on the same stage as the tf2 grand final?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Setsul

So it all comes down to the bad time of the grand finals?
There’s definitely a way to change the times.

Which games are on the same stage as the tf2 grand final?

Check the link

10am TF2
12.30 pm CS:GO
3 pm LoL
5.30 pm DotA 2
8 pm CoD/Halo 3

I kind of expect probably LoL/DotA to overrun, as they do, but for some reason this year they want all finals complete by 9pm Sunday. Previously they’ve ran dota (when it was smaller) on the Monday I think, or at least the odd ones like SC2 and stuff. The DotA final went on for like 5 hours last time though, and so finals were being played something stupid like 11 pm on Sunday for stuff like CoD, so I guess that’s why they’re trying to force an earlier finish.

Edit: the cs/lol/dota finals all have bigger prize pools (better sponsorship) and more expected teams. We could have the 5 pm start on Friday like dota/lol but it’s more the problem then how we get 7 rounds in if we’re running the top 8 group

Last edited by Nymthae,

Setsul

There’s two games at the same time on the same stage?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Setsul

There’s two games at the same time on the same stage?

On the ol’ admin schedule there’s stage setup/overflow time for CoD, but not for halo, so halo might not be on the stage actually. They’re both just shitty xbox tournaments anyway. I just assumed all the finals were on the stage but yeah, I guess not :p

Last edited by Nymthae,

Setsul

What’s with the consolation finals? On stage aswell I guess?

How many teams are in each group that we need to start at 3 PM to get them finished? Seems like they must have been drastically increased or something if we need 8 hours to play each of them.

ondkaja

IKEA

#10amhype

Buttnose

Are there any other pictures of the casting area besides this?:
http://fakkelbrigade.eu/i/wP48RYKKxI.png

Wondering if its actually a separate room and whether its big enough to act as a stage for the finals. Would be be nice to host the finals at a time of the community’s choosing, rather than the earliest possible slot (2/5am for NA viewers). Can well imagine that multiplay wouldn’t like the idea due to contracts with sponsors, but perhaps its still worth exploring?

beta

RaWr ::

Quoted from Setsul

What’s with the consolation finals? On stage aswell I guess?

Unfortunately that’s never been the case, it will be the standard Lower Final to be played at roughly 6-8pm Saturday evening.

Quoted from Buttnose

Are there any other pictures of the casting area besides this?:
http://fakkelbrigade.eu/i/wP48RYKKxI.png

Wondering if its actually a separate room and whether its big enough to act as a stage for the finals. Would be be nice to host the finals at a time of the community’s choosing, rather than the earliest possible slot (2/5am for NA viewers). Can well imagine that multiplay wouldn’t like the idea due to contracts with sponsors, but perhaps its still worth exploring?

I did notice this on the TF.TV thread, I will copy and paste the same reply there.

Though I like the idea, unfortunately this isn’t really viable. The whole point of the finals being a ‘big thing’ is for the interaction with the crowd. From what I’ve seen that just won’t be possible in the room currently allocated for TF2 casting.

The issues that exist are:

1) All of the PC setup will be on the main stage, e.g. Cameras, Big Screens, Commentator stations etc. We will not be having any PC’s available for playing on the TF2 stage.

2) The finals game have always had to be on the MPUK stream, this won’t be changing.

3) Seats for public viewing – I expect some to be present for the TF2 area but nothing like the amount of the actual finals stage.

4) We still want other event goers to be watching the TF2, will they do that if it’s tucked away in a side room?

Again, I like the idea and anyway to avoid the 10am start is a good idea, this one just won’t work I think.

Just keep bugging MPUK!

Setsul

Quoted from beta

[…]

Unfortunately that’s never been the case, it will be the standard Lower Final to be played at roughly 6-8pm Saturday evening.

[…]

It’s about the stage. If they aren’t using it for consolation/lower bracket finals then there’s a lot of options.

E.g. LoL lbf on Sat, LoL gf Sun @9:30 or 10, TF2 gf Sun @15.
It also fixes the issue of a LoL overrun because you can cut some stuff (rip i49 fragumentary) to streamline the CS:GO and TF2 gfs so the Dota2 gf can start on time.

->Move everything else forward for TF2:
Sun: gf@15, lbf@12:30, wbf@10
Sat: EB@15, Groups 9-15 max, even 10-12 + 13-15 would be more than enough
Fri: Groups start @19

Last edited by Setsul,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Youre not thinking correctly though, You cant just give it another day. Multiplay probably have their hands tied when it comes to the allocated time for finals, and doing changes to the saturday would mean huge implications to the program run on sunday. You cant assume its an empty program with all the minecraft shit going on.

Yes our final time sucks but I feel we are acting kinda spoiled. For some reason people seem to think multiplay is entitled to us. But we are still no match to big game organisations (lol, sc, dota leagues etc) who wants their finals being streamed at prime times.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that the revenue multiplay gets from TF2 is probably really small compared to what these organisations gets them. And if anything the revenue they get from tf2 is probably mostly from the people attending. They have given us a nice mini-stage for this. I think were gonna be facing that 10am finals either way.

tldr; money talks

edit2: I would also much rather have the top 8 group and a shitty final time than no top 8 group and a good final time.

Last edited by toogyboogy,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from toogyboogy

stuff

all of this, you need to think about it from multiplays point of view

kaidus

WiK?

Unless something is drastically different this year I don’t think the wider esports community gives a flying fuck about iseries finals. Also why the hell is halo3 8pm on sunday.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

The main stage is also used for shitty promo/sponsored events and minecraft etc. so there’s no chance earlier games will be on there.

Regarding schedule – looking over it, this is numbers dependent the top 8 group will be starting from 3pm – you guys have 7 hours of games, and i’m not staying up until 3 am finishing them. Multiplay are saying this has to happen then, if we still want the upper group. Everyone else, depending on group sizes you will probably only have ~4 games, in which case i’m happy to start around ~5-6pm. As I say, depends entirely on numbers and I won’t know on the day.

However
please sign up to the tournament NOW
I have to close signups to start the top 8 group, so they will be closing earlier than most people will start. I’m told by multiplay I have to close at 12.30 – fixed across the games. It also means I have time to actually work out how to make sure cf runs the two tournaments right, as that’s new to me and tapley/firestorm can’t remember shit, and are both on holiday at the time of lan.

If your team doesn’t have 6 players on the roster when I close signups you will be dropped

If 10AM start time on Saturday is too early, I’m happy to reduce the first upper round to BO1.

So there’s an option for Saturday – and as I expect the first round of double elims might not be that interesting (no top 8 teams will be facing each other). I’m happy to go with an 11am start for Saturday.

Apparently players for the finals need to be there at 9 am (:D I wish I was joking) but we’ll deal with that then.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Is there any way to see the teams and players that are signed up? I’d like to see how many people have bothered to add themselves to my team yet.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »