Forum

i52 - 22nd to 25th August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2014 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 11 Next »

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

More seats opened in the halls below (all the ones that were greyed out) so if you’re struggling to get sat together now most of you have booked then there’s chance to move.

huhystah

Anyone attending i52 from the UK? I am looking for a 120hz monitor + PC!

Last edited by huhystah,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

What teams are actually coming from europe? only 3 teams signed up on clanforge and one of them is called “lads on tour” ^^

huhystah

Quoted from BoneS

What teams are actually coming from europe? only 3 teams signed up on clanforge and one of them is called “lads on tour” ^^

BONES PLS COME ONLINE I NEED YOU

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from BoneS

When I open clanforge I’m getting:

It seems you don’t have access to any accounts

In that case, why not buy one of our quality gameservers?

I’ve heard from more than a dozen players that they’re going to play, but I think most are assuming that you can sign up at the tournament itself?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

You can sign up now, and actually please do. At least get one person to sign up –

go to the tournament page http://insomniagamingfestival.com/i52/tournaments/event-byoc/team-fortress-2/
scroll down -> sign up, or “I want to play in this”
If your team isn’t there yet then type the team name in the box next to TF2
click save

If you need to change the team name later, you need to create a new team to do so

If people could sign up now then it would help plan things out a bit better, regarding the schedule. It can be done on the day but
a) no doubt someone goes awol or is delayed by trains/flights/traffic
b) your PC dies for a few hours when I want to close signups
c) it gives multiplay a better impression if we get our shit together then we can plead for the best finals time [as this is set prior to the event]

basH.

hf

When does the TF2 tournament end ?

Is it done on Sunday for sure, so i can fly back at evening ?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

The final will be Sunday (99.99% sure) but I don’t know when yet. I might be able to get more information at the weekend, talking about the organisation and running on Saturday with someone at Multiplay. I imagine we’ll be able to go for the ~4 pm finals slot again but can’t confirm anything yet.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Currently TF2 is set to finish before 1PM Sunday but I can confirm this week. All finals will be finished before 9PM Sunday so thats the best reference I can give you till we do a final schedule shuffle next week.

Bit earlier than expected – will try update with official confirmation when I get it, but it looks like you probably don’t have to worry about missing finals with flying back Sunday :p

Edit: I tried the pleading option for slightly later finals, but other games just have bigger tournaments so we’re the most likely to actually be ready on time. Provisionally, that’s the first slot though so shouldn’t be too many delays. Shitty for time zones though :(

Last edited by Nymthae,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Seems odd to suddenly have the final in the first slot of the day, after being in later slots for a couple of years now. Any idea why?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Permzilla

Seems odd to suddenly have the final in the first slot of the day, after being in later slots for a couple of years now. Any idea why?

Tournament size, as in we will have the fewest teams in the tournament so they expect us to be able to finish then, which is personally going to make things a bit tight as we can only run until 9 pm on Saturday. If we have any server mess ups I can see it all going to pot a little bit. We’ll see anyway, I mean if players actually decided to play on time it would probably work :D

The thing about stopping at 9 pm on Sunday seems new(ish), I dunno what the plans are yet

LoL will be later because of the potential for it to overrun (and the biggest prize pool tournament), we largely keep time so we’re probably better placed early in the day from their perspective. Dota has a bigger pool this time though, so I guess they might have a Sunday slot rather than the Monday one, and then CS obviously so I guess that’s the Sunday full if they’re stopping at 9.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Schedule:

12 pm Friday – signups close
3 pm Friday – group stages start
11 pm Friday – group stages end
10 am Saturday – double elimination start
11 pm Saturday – double elimination end (!)
10am Sunday – grand final on stage
12 pm/1 pm Sunday – end

that’s the plan, make sure you’re capable of getting out of bed, otherwise gg default

as we’re first on stage the teams that will be in the final should aim to be around for sometime around 9 am to 9.30 am at the latest

it’s only the consolation final that should run into the pub quiz (9 pm scheduled) so everyone else should be fine for that

obviously, if servers go down etc. we’ll have to make do the best we can, but with the early final there’s not a lot of room to play with; it’s possible groups may end earlier on Friday for those not in the “top tier” group as it will depend on how many teams we get

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Nymthae

Schedule:

12 pm Friday – signups close
3 pm Friday – group stages start

You might need to change that if you want the tournament to actually happen.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

arent the groups stages always a few hours late anyway?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

I don’t get a choice unfortunately, i’m well and truly expecting to be down half the players. The only other way is avoid the top 8 group and split out everyone so groups are smaller, fewer games -> start later. They can’t push our finals any later so everything has to be finished by Sat evening.

What may/is likely to happen is either everyone is missing, some games get defaulted, people get pissy, servers break and ultimately groups run into Saturday – any BO3 rounds scheduled for Saturday then get cut to a BO1 to actually try and keep time back. Personally, I think more BO3 games in the elimination rounds will be more exciting but if needs must.

I would be happy to try and compress groups by a couple of hours by only setting 45 mins out for each round and/or potentially reducing the break. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest people can actually keep to that schedule given how difficult it seems to be to play a map an hour. I think I probably have to give everyone an hour break, but playing on time would get games done in 45.

http://insomniagamingfestival.com/i52/tournaments/schedule/ Tournament schedule here for anyone interested in when other games are on

Edit: for top 8 teams in the groups, AUS will definitely be there, I imagine the US teams have booked to get there Thursday (?) so they’re gonna be there. The top 8 group will only be fighting for seeds, so if you default a game then it’s not like you’re getting knocked out, just majorly sucks for everyone else

Last edited by Nymthae,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 11 Next »