Forum

i52 - Interest for a decent Highlander Tourny at LAN?

Created 22nd April 2014 @ 13:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Greetings,

Looks like I have the go ahead to set up a Highlander tourny for i52. Briefly spoke to Nymthae on steam to try to get an idea on how we can make HL successful at LAN and not disturb the 6s hype.

She had the idea of having the HL tourny run in the background over the LAN weekend and to be played in the down time. We would then set up a time for the constellation finals and grand finals to be played.

This means the Highlander games will be extremely flexible and the only scheduling we have to worry about is when to book the HL finals in for on the Sunday. Most likely before/after the tf2 6s finals.

As this wont be a Multiplay tourny, we dont have to use ClanForge. Which in my opinion is great because I think its aids.
I will set up something on the T-A! website and use something easy to use for brakets like Challonge.com

Sign ups will be open till the end of the Friday night via a Sign Ups forums on the T-A! website.
Teams will then arrange their own matches anywhere from Sat morning till Sun Afternoon and play their group stage matches. This will determine the teams in the Finals. We can then set a time for this so people can watch and hopefully get a cast going.

All fixtures will be available on Challonge. All team leaders steam details will be available on the T-A! website. Teams will be able to submit scores via a form set up on our website too.

I’l pretty much do it the same way I did the Awesome Cup, as that worked out very smoothly.
http://www.teamawesomegaming.co.uk/ To see it, click the link, then hover your mouse over ‘The Awesome Cup’ for the drop down menu,

As for prizes, I’m not a rich man, but I will happily buy the winners a crate of beer/cider and a big pizza.
I will also ask WastedPrime, the Irish giant to give 1 piggy back to a team member of the winners choice. If you supply him with alcohol I’m sure he would carry you like newly wed too.

Now for this to be big and exciting it needs interest.
I know LAN is far away but are there many teams or mixes that would be going to LAN and interested in playing?

If anyone has any suggestions or problems with the tourny please also post and I’ll try to fix/convince you that I’m right on the matter.

GLHF!

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

oh damn now I actually have a reason to go to i52

Muerte

elev8

Quoted from kKaltUu

oh damn now I actually have a reason to go to i52

But…you’re shit…

NULL

That sound pretty good.

ondkaja

IKEA

I think “serious” highlander at lan isn’t going to work out. The amount of effort and money you’d have to spend in order to get to LAN is simply not worth the low quality games you’re going to get. In order to have proper quality highlander every top team would have show up, and just that is already a pipe dream. It’s just going to be a couple of shitmixes and maybe 2-3 proper teams if we’re lucky.

Last edited by ondkaja,

Black_Bob

[DA]

There is going to be a fare turn out from AD again so im sure we will enter :)

beach

[DA]
[DA]

yees, 6s..”hype” … ;)

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

To ondkaja,

Its only as serious as you make it mate. I dont intend on telling full highlander teams to go get sponsors and fly over to England to play in this Awesome highlander tourny. Its more just having a decent tourny with the peeps already there. People are very welcome to take it seriously, but the prize is just a crate of beer and a big pizza…

Trying to run it in the down time of LAN and just have some decent HL action.
There is noramlly at least 3 decent teams there, normally After Dark, KKD and T-A! fighting over spots in the finals. T-A forever 3rd.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Will there be real medals?!

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

Quoted from Muerte

[…]

But…you’re shit…

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

I can spray paint some beer cans gold and write first place on them with a permanent marker if it makes it more legit Admirable.

lazyluk

Quoted from Rob!

I can spray paint some beer cans gold and write first place on them with a permanent marker if it makes it more legit Admirable.

:D 10/10

but I think admirable was talking about in game medals, if info show Lan was able to do it maybe it can be done for i52

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Bunch of chess guys are planning to come, let’s show these nerds how 2 best gamemode

Daff

DA!

Quoted from lazyluk

[…]

:D 10/10

but I think admirable was talking about in game medals, if info show Lan was able to do it maybe it can be done for i52

http://www.kritzkast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Insomnia-46-Highlander-Medals.png

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from Daff

http://www.kritzkast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Insomnia-46-Highlander-Medals.png

I can’t compete with that…

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »