Forum

GXL lan in Philadelphia. European team?

Created 18th April 2014 @ 19:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

I’m making this thread to see how big of an interest this is. As the I52 donation drive popped up my attention was put on the GXL lan the americans are hyped over.

Ive checked some plane prices and the costs aren’t that big, around 300 euros for both ways to philadelphia. That pricetag gets cut a bit if there is a way for us to stop at New York, and get a drive from new york to philadelphia. Something that should be around 2 hours.

I havent looked into other costs such as hotel and entry fee but seeing the planes werent that expensive it looks like its very realistic to travel.

Apperently there has been some PM’s being sent around about this event and some interest been put into it.

The big issue that I see is if there are computers available as traveling with your own computer for 10 hours probably isnt what people are looking for. However I’ve been daydreaming a bit and thought it wouldnt be so far fetched to maybe rent PC’s from a gaming cafe in new york or philadelphia. But this idea requires manpower to be put into shape.

The other issue is that this event is still being pretty much planned out as we speak. Theres not much information about it, but we know the americans are hyped for it.

I’ve sent some PM’s out to different people and maybe we can make something out of this?

quintosh

wL.

y not do a fundraiser to send 1 euro team to gxl and one american team to i52?

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

TEZC may attend.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Coleman

TEZC may attend.

see you in the finals

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from quintosh

y not do a fundraiser to send 1 euro team to gxl and one american team to i52?

The cost of sending two teams across the pond is very high. b4nny has expressed (atleast I’ve heard rumors that he has) that he wasnt gonna attend I52, however if some other american team is thinking of self funding themselves there (as I cant see any fundraiser as of yet) then that might happen, but it will be a coincidence.

previously there had already been a team already expressing their wish to travel and a fundraiser ongoing as we speak. Sadly we have neither at the moment. No team as of yet for america but people are talking together.

And there is no fundraiser at this moment. If there would be a fundraiser then who would be in charge of it? The lan is currently being organised as we speak aswell so there isnt much coming from that end other than there is a lan happening.

currently all im doing is to see what I can do in order to make this happen.

Quoted from Coleman

TEZC may attend.

win lithuana, win the world.

edit: I just heard word that froyotech and exertus might be going to i52

Last edited by toogyboogy,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

i’ll go

Droidster

tavi

TEZC dream team set to become world champions

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from BoneS

i’ll go

^_____^

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Heard there will be no PC rentals for this event, so that is another barrier.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from Hildreth

Heard there will be no PC rentals for this event, so that is another barrier.

I’m already looking into this. Fragile said he had like 4 spare computers, If we could get our hands on that then we only need 2.

melody

Lutunen

only if it will be just one (or two) strongest eu team, who will get money support. flights, hotel, pc’s and road from NY (i’m not even talking about food and drinks yet) cost a lot. As far as we still have i52 here, i dont think sponsors will bless this idea. imo

NsX.

Aht

The cost of sending two teams across the pond is very high. b4nny has expressed (atleast I’ve heard rumors that he has) that he wasnt gonna attend I52, however if some other american team is thinking of self funding themselves there (as I cant see any fundraiser as of yet) then that might happen, but it will be a coincidence.

previously there had already been a team already expressing their wish to travel and a fundraiser ongoing as we speak. Sadly we have neither at the moment. No team as of yet for america but people are talking together.

And there is no fundraiser at this moment. If there would be a fundraiser then who would be in charge of it? The lan is currently being organised as we speak aswell so there isnt much coming from that end other than there is a lan happening.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Or people could just stop asking others to pay for them and get jobs. Crazy idea i know.

frixx

LG

Quoted from Coleman

Or people could just stop asking others to pay for them and get jobs. Crazy idea i know.

Yes, this^

If you are so desperate to go then you will find a way to pay it yourself.

eXtine

Would love to see an European team in attendance, even if its more of a pug team instead of a full line-up. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions – [email protected]

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »