Forum

i52 Donation Drive

Created 18th April 2014 @ 09:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Vaskie

BulletClub

While watching yesterdays Fully Charged, i was reminded of the upcoming i52, the next big European lan when it comes to TF2 and how the Americans are probably not gonna come (thank you for the wake up call Kaidus.. you dick) :D

I find it that there is definitely a lack of direction when it comes to organizing something to prevent that from happening. I am absolutely not here to criticize anyone, or say that i would do better, cause i know myself i wouldn’t, but i do have a few ideas of the top of my head.

The biggest people when it comes to organizing these kinds of events seem to be in my perspective: Admirable, Lange, Truktruk, Atmo, Huhy, and a few other people (it’s far too early in the morning, if i honestly forgot anyone, i am honestly sorry).

Now, we just had the Tip of the Hats happen recently and what a fantastic event it was, from the fantastic production values, to the amount of hours of stream, and the number of people plugging in.

In my view, something on the same level would have to be done for the i52 Donation Drive.

In my personal opinion, the best way around it would be an Intercontinental Championship! It would essentially be the Teamfortress.tv Invitational Cup #3.

The way i see it, to make it last longer and more interesting it would have to involve both scenes (if not the Asian and Australian too), and it would be two tournaments happening in two separate days, one for each scene.

There are two ways around it which i am gonna be explaining now:

Each one day cup would be a typical Invitational where if you lose a match, you are thrown to the lower bracket. In the end, the team who wins the American Upper Bracket final goes on to meet the European Lower Bracket final contestant from the other cup, and the European Upper Bracket final goes to meet the American Lower Bracket final. From there, there would be the Grand Finals with the best team from both scenes.

The other way around it would be just running two separate Invitational tournaments, still where if you lose a match, you are thrown to the lower bracket. But instead, the Grand Finals winner of each tournament meets each other for an Intercontinental Match. Essentially bringing the emotions of seeing your favorite teams of each scene playing it out through the tournament, and after, having a climaxing Grand Finals with the best team of each continent.

With that said, it would have to have great production values, and in my personal view, i do believe it should be ran (run?) in multiple days to give it more hype, more build up, and more than anything, to allow it to have more time for the Donation itself.

I am quite literally no one in this scene and i couldn’t possibly make it happen by myself but i am definitely willing to help with anything as i believe this would be the best scenario to make i52 happen the way everyone wants it to happen.

I would appreciate any feedback or criticism, but keep it positive and lets make this happen. Contact your favorite teams, casters, organizers and pester them with this thread :)

Thank you

PS: I would appreciate if most of the comments were made in the Teamfortress.tv thread, as it makes more sense to keep it there since not only it involves both scenes, but it also involves TeamFortress.tv.

Thread: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/17224/i52-donation-drive

GBD

Da

Who would the donations be funding if the Americans say they’re not interested in going?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from GBD

Who would the donations be funding if the Americans say they’re not interested in going?

Can’t really do a donation drive until a team expresses interest in going.

Last edited by Hildreth,

ondkaja

IKEA

Why are the yanks not interested in going? Are the Australians going to come?

GBD

Da

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Can’t really do a donation drive until a team expresses interest in going.

That’s why I think all this talk is kinda pointless

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

The Americans are keen on a big LAN over there in October. They aren’t coming to i52. http://teamfortress.tv/thread/16948/gxl-2014

Donation drive would be to send Epsilon to Pennsylvania. I’d donate £100.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from fraac

The Americans are keen on a big LAN over there in October. They aren’t coming to i52. http://teamfortress.tv/thread/16948/gxl-2014

Sounds like a pretty good idea, send the euros over to the us instead of them coming here.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

If there’s any intention of international presence then please let me know asap so I can at least look into getting TUP PCs reserved or whatever.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from fraac

Doesn’t speak for every American, entirely possible one of the two top teams is interested in going, just a matter of them announcing it sooner rather than later.

I am not sure about donating to get Epsilon over to a TF2 event when there aren’t much announcements on prizes as well as proper teams in attendance. Do we know how many of the big NA teams are going? It would be sick though.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Doesn’t speak for every American, entirely possible one of the two top teams is interested in going, just a matter of them announcing it sooner rather than later.

I am not sure about donating to get Epsilon over to a TF2 event when there aren’t much announcements on prizes as well as proper teams in attendance. Do we know how many of the big NA teams are going? It would be sick though.

its not like iseries has a huge prizepool lol

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

It would be really cool if we sent europeans to america. I just checked some plane prices and I could get planes for myself for around 600 euros with a traveltime of 10 hours. Now to me that doesnt sound so bad considering its like 300 euros just to get to england for me.

san alex

bring the Asians! http://www.vanillatf2.org/2013/09/competitive-tf2-around-the-world-the-asiafortress-commnunity/

GBD

Da

Quoted from san alex

bring the Asians! http://www.vanillatf2.org/2013/09/competitive-tf2-around-the-world-the-asiafortress-commnunity/

OPD to destroy everything!

Kaneco

By this time last year the fundraiser was already well underway for i49… I dont think an international iseries will happen this year. And if it was to happen, then the people interested should have done something about it already .

rytis

PrettyGay

imho no point to bring mericans here, rather send an eu team to gxl if its good. the iseries prices are dumb

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »