Forum

i52 at Ricoh Arena, Coventry

Created 1st December 2013 @ 14:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

That’s why you store it in something. Drink half a carton of orange juice, fill the empty half up with vodka. Sorted.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from T0m

That’s why you store it in something. Drink half a carton of orange juice, fill the empty half up with vodka. Sorted.

but that ruins the vodka

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

but that ruins the vodka

drink all of the orange juice then

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

@Nym:

Christ, ok I’ll break the ice and ask THE question:

How much will the beer cost? Give me that sexy price list you did last time. :D

From the Q&A session – “Prices for hotels and Bars should be “Comparable If not cheaper” than Telford” so i’d expect similar to previous events.

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Will there be a shuttle bus service around the wider area, visiting the bigger hotels plus town centre?

From mplay forums (Ragonz):

Coventry council are already thinking about laying on public tansport for the event / Coventry council is supposedly already looking at ways to invest in the event such as laying on public transport for the event and I bet one of the topics that came up was a kind of shuttle bus thing like there is here

Basically it’s a wait and see, but the council and the venue management all seem rather onboard with the iseries storming in there, in contrast to telford council/TIC who have tried very hard to impose frustrating restrictions (campsite, security etc.)

FIR

SnG

Quoted from T0m

such a Mike thing to do

looking forward to this new place, gonna be interesting. on the note of security, i hope its better seeing as I walked out of TIC today with my shit and the dude checking my bags was like “yeah thats cool mate dont need to check your second bag” when he saw one sticker

Kaneco

Quoted from rytis

[…]
drink all of the orange juice then

I like your logic

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

There will be teething problems but this event is so much better than TIC! Less shitty restrictions from TIC and Telford Council and Coventry are much more flexible and can see the profit in helping! The only issue may be accomodation is going to be more expensive slightly due to no Uni accomodation, however tons more Camping space as well as it be a lot closer.
Only question is can TF2 step up in numbers to attend i52? It seems like the scene is declining somewhat :[.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

i51 tickets are currently on sale £73.60 – which *includes* camping, until the start of January. Not sure if/when the discount period changes, maybe with it?

Either way, if you’re thinking about coming to the next event i’d recommend booking now while it’s cheaper. It’s over easter bank holiday!

It would be really nice to see some bigger communities come back and get involved, as the UK player base has dwindled a bit. Is it just everybody saving for the big summer events or what? Is it just the money that is stopping people or is there anything else (that we can look to change/improve)?

accless

cp_

yay, coventry
lots of terrible memories
so psyched

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

you most likely wont be able to bring it into the venue though

they were saying they get to use their own security this time, that means they can allow alcohol?

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Alfie

[…]
they were saying they get to use their own security this time, that means they can allow alcohol?

they have no reason to do that tho :/

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Alfie

[…]

Thats not the reason they aren’t allowed alcohol in the venue, its because the venue is licensed, meaning you can only drink their alcohol!

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Nymthae

It would be really nice to see some bigger communities come back and get involved, as the UK player base has dwindled a bit. Is it just everybody saving for the big summer events or what? Is it just the money that is stopping people or is there anything else (that we can look to change/improve)?

I reckon it’s pretty much tradition at this point that a lot less people turn up at winter and spring. And as always its a cycle. Less people going = less incentive to go = less people going etc. For me it’s money though..

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

I reckon it’s pretty much tradition at this point that a lot less people turn up at winter and spring. And as always its a cycle. Less people going = less incentive to go = less people going etc. For me it’s money though..

The spiral is deadly. This year saw 4 teams for winter – 2 of which we managed to encourage/piece together at the event from people who don’t really even play 6v6. The team who took first won enough money to pay for the ticket back, and they get a free ticket to next event. The fact that someone had to buy those tickets for other team members to come, and that some were only booked right before the event is a bit…concerning. Smart plays, on their front, but why wasn’t there at least another team trying to challenge it (better than TC <3)? The dates are the double whammy on the winter, but…

I want to avoid that for spring. How do? The community has resigned winter, that's fair enough – it really isn't sustainable for us. It would be a real shame to see the same happen in spring. I fear it might though.

8 teams last March. http://www.vanillatf2.org/2013/03/i48-the-group-stages/ I'd be reasonably happy to match this for i51 but I know for a fact a couple of those teams won't come, or if they do they will probably play dota. Is there any new blood? Or have we condensed the interest only into summer?

I'm going off on a tangent a bit, but a good tournament in an epic new arena (hopefully) would be great hype for i52.

Last edited by Nymthae,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

booked my ticket for i51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »