Forum

Big i49 Thanks & Love Thread

Created 26th August 2013 @ 11:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Enef

Strawberry(Truskawa): What would this LAN have been for me if you hadn’t been here? God knows and I’m just glad i didn’t have to find out, from constantly making sure I’m awake to keeping me fed and keeping my morale up during the tournament when I get upset or frustrated at something, from running around getting pictures with every high level medic we could find to making all the demomen feel a little socially awkward about being somewhat famous, you’re fun and fantastic. You’re my rock and I’d have been a pretty poor showing without you. Let’s work hard with NMH and prove ourselves, you’re my medic and I’m your pocket, you’re my blueberry and I’m your idiot ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikBrfCUbkfs

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikBrfCUbkfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-S0T4xTdLY

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Crazy / Invaders community – for being awesome as always, and putting up with my shouting whilst playing TF2 ;) and for getting to meet more people who I’ve known for years but never yet been able to put a face to a name/voice!

clanda / After Dark – good show as always guys, managed to stay firmly in the group stages of the 6v6 tournament and the 9v9 tourney was a bit of a flop but who cares, had fun playing the games we did!

VanillaTV – so many people to thank separately in this: Lange, BoneS, Arie, and all you other technical geniuses made the stream and production quality so amazing. Arx, Beta, Skully, Byte, Sal, Mia and anyone else I’ve forgotten did amazing casts as always! Massive effort and massive success from EVERYONE involved.

All the TF2 teams who turned up – keeping the game we love alive! Big props to the community for getting iM and HRG across, along with helping TCM/broder and the Frenchies to get across Europe to Telford; LAN won’t be the same without some international competition, so let’s keep it up for i52!

CeeGee – Just cos he’ll love being singled out. Great to meet the oldest mixer in existence, and again put a face to a name/voice: enjoyed wandering around to your desk despite it being in the depths of H3, and walking around watching the pros in action…we’ll be that good someday I’m sure, although you might have retired by then! ;)

Last edited by beach,

Will

I like TC, I like Cap It, I like SWIMP, I like French people, I like ex-TC members, I like swedish people

http://i.imgur.com/CRIsaXf.jpg

I love all people at LAN (especially you cookye)

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Will

(especially you cookye)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100830059@N03/9603732944/in/set-72157635243397209/

Sarah

Im still waiting for pennyfarming’s thanks for having carried his computer because “it was too heavy”

Quoted from Sarah

Im still waiting for pennyfarming’s thanks for having carried his computer because “it was too heavy”

#Unban Pennyfarming

DemonPrince

Quoted from FUN POLICE RUINS TF2

[…]

#Unban Pennyfarming

Truskawa

NMH

Well, was my first and hopefully not last lan :d

So: All SWIMP! and TC guys: Thank you for not leaving me alone <3 (G, we'll see how much of a lightweight you are =w= Scratchi, I'm sure my name is not THAT hard to pronounce, 8/10 Dota boy ;p Enef, you nerd, stop whining ;3 )

My precious Cap it! for being awesome team :d

Special thanks go to :

Kaidus, Knoxx, Mirelin, Shade, b4nny for being nice and not running away when I asked for photo c:

Anders – Yes, I remember you, Viking with camera :d <3

Sideshow -for a drink during finals :3

Phiiiiiiiiil <3

huhy – for being such a sweetheart and for assuming me and Enef are a couple…sorry, that’s not how it works ^^

So many nice people in one place… <3

Last edited by Truskawa,

WAR's Girlfriend

8D

Massive thanks to my fellow pubbers – Mooj, Katie, “SygnÁ,sis”, Micky, Mantas, Marius, Kami, Demon, Pete, Nick, Jace, Fridge, Grip. You guys are the reason I come to Insomnia <3

TurboMonkey – for the lifts, your very loud Dubbystep music, and your passport photo

Jane (Turbo's Sat Nav) – for taking us on the motorway route to Premier Inn from TIC and almost getting us killed

WAR – for getting an airshot, otherwise you'd have been pissy you lost all your games. Love you!

CVM, Lokter and HeadHunker – for teaching me urinal etiquette <3

EV – for putting up with WAR

Enef and Strawberry – for helping me steal that PC XD

Wetherspoons – for the "table for 18"

Byte – for letting me "win" the Balloonicorn…oh wait…

and the TF2 community <3

Last edited by WAR's Girlfriend,

FireStorm

-9m-

Hi guys

Like to say thanks to…

Tapley for being the pretty face of the admin team, without him we would be some ugly fuckers. Jokes aside the effort he puts in prior to the events to get teams there is primary reason its grown to the size it has

Byte, Arx, Skully, beach, DavidtheWin, CUBE, SuddenlyStarMia, Anders, Bet a, Rinta, huhy, Arie, Sal, Lange, atmo, bluee, BoneS and Pognon in short all the staff at VTV did a excellent job on production and I was once again impressed with the coverage and the stats stuff we got working was great.

Nymthae for doing her 1% of admin work per event.

Black Bob, for helping run the highlander part of it.

CommanderX for getting all his games to start on time… oh wait.

Teams that did actually manage to get there games going on time ;)

The people in the main hall at the final, thanks for waiting and sorry for the delay just gg valve and unlock system that requires internet :(

Anyone who brought me a drink over from the bar and there was only so much warm strongbow a man can drink so thanks!

Everyone from the community that put the effort to get teams to the event and make it the best event yet, without you guys these events don’t happen. More thanks for the card and send off for me and Tapley, I will still be attending future events and will be able to show the ropes to whoever takes over.

FireStorm

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from WAR's Girlfriend

Enef and Strawberry – for helping me steal that PC XD

Make sure you keep that sticker, see you next lan :D <3

GeaR

Epsilon

Thanks to the people behind VanillaTV for providing coverage.
Thanks to Kaneco for updating forums with results and all the stuff on comp.tf.

Thanks to Lislao for getting me a Hotdog before the grand finals…I don’t wanna imagine what would have happened if I played with an empty stomach.

Big thanks to that girl who asked us for signatures telling us we were the reason she came into tf2. This belongs certainly in my top3 moments of my tf2 carrier. Means a lot to me. :)

MASSIVE thanks to my team for giving me such an awesome and lovely experience, never ever flamed at each other, always being respectful and keen. I am so proud of us. KnoxXx, you won’t be forgotten. <3

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I’d like to say thanks to everyone that attended! You’ve made the past 4 years of my lan life epic fun and i’ve turned so many online friends to IRL friends thats what its all about :).

Everyone should bow before VTV, their amazing coverage and dedication is what makes this game huge and turns your hobby into somthing professional looking! Please always support them and give thanks to the work they do so they continue to do it.

Big up to my co-admin Firestorm who has run the tournament with me for the last 2 years and gets all the servers working correctly when im banging my head on the keyboard getting people to join IRC and look at clanforge. <3

Everyone who gave their cash to get iM/HRG/pLine/Broder/CC to lan, you guys are one of the biggest reasons why this lan was the best in TF2 history, feel e-proud of yourselves!

Finally, remember all of the fun times you've had at lans, the close games, the (not so) close games, the friends you've made, the drinks you've drunk and the laughs you've shared. In my honest opinion TF2 will never die as long as people go to lan and share there hobby with people from accross the world! TF2 would have died long ago if no one lanned any more.
I can honestly say the hundereds of TF2 people i've met at lan, i can count the bell ends on one hand, so keep being awesome, encourage your team mates to attend.

I love you all and big shout out to everyone i've met at lan ( far too many to name but you know who you are:) ). Big thanks to everyone who signed my leaving card and espcially Byte who arranged it (and my Gay Icon Apron) its now sitting proudly in my lounge (the card not the gay apron).

Love Tapley

p.s. Shintaz and Coleman for VanillaTV

wpminnows

[PG]

i love all of you

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »