Forum

Computer building at i49

Created 24th May 2013 @ 02:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Ace

Okay, since Turbo has a huge dilemma (lend his spare computer to me or to Origo), rental pcs are usually aids, and it’s a huge inconvenience to bring my own, I thought I could just build a whole new computer over there, with the help of all you beautiful people.
So, does anyone have any spare parts (you’ll of course get them back)? If other people are interested too, we could try to build several.
I am not a particulary good with hardware btw, so I’ll need help building it as well (thanks, e-thug) :D

Cabinet:
RAM: Skyride
CPU:
Fans and cooling:
Motherboard:
GPU:
PSU:
Network card:
Sound card:
Other stuff:

Last edited by Ace,

Kortz

.:ne:.

I feel your pain :/ It’s going to be a bitch to bring my own computer.

Skyride

DUCS

I have manys of DDR3 RAM.

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from Skyride

#

skyride got a pc for ace??? i will pay in any sexual favor

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

I could help you with the building part.

Quoted from Turbo

[…]#

skyride got a pc for ace??? i will pay in any sexual favor

The train from Dundee will be a little difficult with 2 desktops :D

Ace

Quoted from Skyride

Awesome, that’s a great start, appreciate it!

trams

-><-

How you build a computer by MSI http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0lrwoYRgw7g#!

Ace

Anyone else got anything? This would help me out so much.

Will

I believe Ive got a motherboard, cpu, HDD and 2 SLi graphics cards, pretty old stuff but should run tf2 fine on a clean install of windows

EDIT: Im not 100% sure it still all works and its at a different house, will check when im next over there

Last edited by Will,

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from Will

I believe Ive got a motherboard, cpu, HDD and 2 SLi graphics cards, pretty old stuff but should run tf2 fine on a clean install of windows

EDIT: Im not 100% sure it still all works and its at a different house, will check when im next over there

Savior of tf2

Will

Quoted from Turbo

[…]

Savior of tf2

Haha, dont count on it yet, the PSU blew up on that PC so hopefully the rest isnt damaged. Still got the case for it as well I think

Last edited by Will,

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Ace

Okay, since Turbo has a huge dilemma (lend his spare computer to me or to Origo), rental pcs are usually aids, and it’s a huge inconvenience to bring my own, I thought I could just build a whole new computer over there, with the help of all you beautiful people.
So, does anyone have any spare parts (you’ll of course get them back)? If other people are interested too, we could try to build several.
I am not a particulary good with hardware btw, so I’ll need help building it as well (thanks, e-thug) :D

Cabinet:
RAM: Skyride
CPU:
Fans and cooling:
Motherboard:
GPU:
PSU:
Network card:
Sound card:
Other stuff:

Surely you can bring your own PC parts separately and build your pc in someone elses spare case @ LAN?

Last edited by lolage,

Will

Quoted from lolage

[…]

Surely you can bring your own PC parts separately and build your pc in someone elses spare case @ LAN?

That would be a good idea actually, if you can bring as much as you can Ace I can probably fill in the rest (including the case)

Ace

Quoted from Will

Awesome, thank you so much! I can bring some of my own parts, yes, but they are pretty old :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »