Forum

Broder fundraiser for i49!

Created 19th May 2013 @ 19:28

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Zebbosai

Youtube video made by torden HYPE! :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP__0xSbHkw&feature=youtu.be

the donation page: http://www.broder.tf for more info

Since there is some problems with the page from time to time ill put the info here

We are team broder, a premiership Team Fortress 2 team of six Northern European gamers. We need your help to get our team to Insomnia 49 this August.

Broder currently stands as the second best team in the European Team Fortress 2 League (ETF2L.org), having fought a close battle in the Season 14 Grand Final but ultimately losing out to Epsilon eSports. For those of you who haven’t seen the match, be sure to check it out for some exciting 6v6 action.

Map 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPbVAjs6yE&list=PLf27BHuLrQCaI71mDpYZmDQlTn1B1pHUU

Map 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0t5zkrIiPc&list=PLf27BHuLrQCaI71mDpYZmDQlTn1B1pHUU

Map 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwfiAR48xk&list=PLf27BHuLrQCaI71mDpYZmDQlTn1B1pHUU

TEAM ROSTER
As of Season 15, our team is:
bybben (SWE) and cookye (FIN) on scout,
jukebox (SWE) and Zebbosai (SWE) on soldier,
ryb (SWE) on demoman and Mirelin (LVA) on medic.

WHAT’S THE MONEY GOING TOWARDS?
Any kind donations received will go towards LAN-associated costs for our team members. In the main, these are international flights for our six, as well as accommodation in the university rooms near the i49 venue.

WHAT ARE THE EXTRA BONUSES?
We have three tiers of donor rewards, which can be seen in the sidebar. As well as this, our main man Mr. Medic Mirelin will be doing a video log of his time in Telford.

SHOUTOUTS
TCM Gaming have kindly agreed to further help us in our LAN-going effort, and are providing us with tickets as well as PCs at their booth. We thank them very much for their generous support.

Leave your steamid in the comments for the perks.

See you guys there!

Last edited by Zebbosai,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

best of luck guys, full blown epic if you make it

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

what about if you get a surplus of money torden makes a second broder movie?

caeli

#T4F

Were that Mirelin playing the piano and kukkye playing the guitar?

torden

broder
syster

As much as I’d love to make another frag film, I simply couldn’t have the time. Even for a sketch project, the first one took a full week of work. When you’re already working overtime at being creative, I’d probably prefer spending that week cleaning toilets!

IPZIE

SUAVE

Can I see a list of expenses before I donate money for this ( and don´t you worry,Im gladly gonna donate money for EU teams to come play at i49 much rather than some mexicans). I heard some stuff about seperate rooms for each other and not beeing willing to pay a single thing on your own? Either way I wish you guys best of luck and hopefully we will meet at LAN o/

pls just list im a doofus in that way

Last edited by IPZIE,

Zebbosai

we dont have seperate rooms the plan is to have 3

Last edited by Zebbosai,

Kerch

When you donate for a signed weapon, it asks for shipping information. Perhaps that can be changed as it’s not needed?

Zebbosai

it seems that their is some problem with the page from time to time some people cant see the info. Well here is what the money is for
WHAT’S THE MONEY GOING TOWARDS?
Any kind donations received will go towards LAN-associated costs for our team members. In the main, these are international flights for our six, as well as accommodation in the university rooms near the i49 venue.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Donated, cu@ !

IPZIE

SUAVE

its still not a list zebbasa

Skyride

DUCS

Not going to lie, but I really do think EU teams asking for donations are taking the piss a bit (that applies to CC too, I love the guys, but I’ve actually said this to them on a mumble too).

We’ve got an American team going because it’s huge hype and a HUGE deal when you look at the bigger picture. We’ve got an Australian team going because again, looking at the bigger picture it makes it a truly global event, and they’re only looking for help, not a free ride.

Pretty much regardless of where you’re from, the cost for any european team is at worst not even a quarter of what it’s costing to fly an NA or AU team to the event. I wish you the best of luck, but setting the precedent that it’s ok to have the community pay for anything that’s a little bit expensive is an awful thing long term.

Last edited by Skyride,

IPZIE

SUAVE

when did we ever asked for donations skyride?

Rinta

To be fair, top NA teams regularly run donation drives to get to ESEA LAN (finals of their main league — held in LAN format, for those who doesn’t know). Nothing wrong with that, but would really make sense to:
1. List the expenses, at least approx. Someone might even give you an advice on how to makes things cheaper!
2. If you don’t put in any money of your own — write an explanation on why you cannot do that / cannot put more than you already did.

It’s kind of annoying when people ask for money while wearing unusuals in game. If you want to go so much (and this is a once-a-year event!) — be willing to sacrifice bit more than couple hours of half-hearted mentoring.

Last edited by Rinta,

IPZIE

SUAVE

^ i agree in terms of transparency and people helping out with deals

Last edited by IPZIE,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »