Forum

I49 23rd August - 26th August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 27th March 2013 @ 10:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 21 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

There can be only one.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Tapley ❤

it would have to be 2 groups of 4 for invite as 1 group of 8 = 7 hours which isn’t possible.

then we’d have to have 8 groups with only 1 promotion, would only 1 promotion per group seem bad for people?

Do we have a fairly firm list of who is going Prem-d2 wise? It’ll be fine if the seeds get done the right way, and like Sideshow said if the top 8 are already not included.

It’s only a bit sucky if you’re one of the three/four teams who are fighting for the last one/two seeds because it is all the difference there. The majority of people won’t be affected though.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

+ I’d go with highlander.

Give the highlander players something to look forward to/focus on. Most of the 6v6 players will resort to either religiously watching the few remaining games or will be so drunk they won’t bother to turn up for a “fun” 6v6.

People can just search for a little 6v6 in the irc chan, as that way you can choose your opponents, choose maps and generally it becomes more flexible.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

iM
HRG
Epsi
CC
Broder
Skidmark
P-line

afaik

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Nymthae

+ I’d go with highlander.

Give the highlander players something to look forward to/focus on. Most of the 6v6 players will resort to either religiously watching the few remaining games or will be so drunk they won’t bother to turn up for a “fun” 6v6.

People can just search for a little 6v6 in the irc chan, as that way you can choose your opponents, choose maps and generally it becomes more flexible.

Yes, aside from my mindless “highlanderrrrr” like some kind of zombie. We have our full HL team going this year pretty much (minus 1 dodgy Welsh guy and our medic – <3 Trane) … 6v6 fun cups from what I hear never go ahead anyways or end up being rubbish and people will just want to watch the casts of the big games in the knockout stages.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Usually I would be against the top prem sides playing in their own group since it used to be special at the iseries getting to play against one of these teams, but now community teams don’t have the balls to play vs better sides due to it meaning a one way rape and a waste of a day which I can understand.

So put on the best show you can!

+1 highlander :D

Last edited by Black_Bob,

beta

RaWr ::

Cup style format for knockout stages?

You know you want to do it Tapley…it’s the only fair way with international teams! Yes that’s a total change from i-series format but what determines HRG being better then say Epsilon? etc.

1st round of knockout is done out of the hat, normal process from their. At the end of the day, the best team will always appear in the final, regardless of what you believe.

Now let the flame come to me!

Hallow

P.O.P

Solar are going Tapley, i think them, skidmark and pline are fairly even. So there’s 9 teams. Also I’m not sure but I’d assume both reverto and furbo pandas are looking at going.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Hallow

Solar are going Tapley, i think them, skidmark and pline are fairly even. So there’s 9 teams. Also I’m not sure but I’d assume both reverto and furbo pandas are looking at going.

Thats 8 teams and just what we need :]

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from beta

Cup style format for knockout stages?

You know you want to do it Tapley…it’s the only fair way with international teams! Yes that’s a total change from i-series format but what determines HRG being better then say Epsilon? etc.

1st round of knockout is done out of the hat, normal process from their. At the end of the day, the best team will always appear in the final, regardless of what you believe.

Now let the flame come to me!

Terrible idea ;)

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Califax

dyn.

Tapley, is it do-able to “fool” Clanforge like this?

– Run two invite groups (2×4 teams) seperate from the other groups.
– Have an ‘Invite-spotholder-dummy-team’ signup into each of the 8 regular groups.
– Give the dummy teams all default wins so they will all be top of their groups.
– Assign the Invite teams to those spotholders once all group matches are played.
– Put the top2 of each of those groups into the double-elim bracket.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I’ll probably end up running 3 tournaments 1 for invite 1 for groups and then get all the people promoted to sign up to a 3rd tournament called double elim or somthing, thats the best way i see of working it. Ball ache on an admin side of things though as a lot more work, but i’ll do it for your love and a pint of cider.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Quoted from Tapley ❤

I’ll probably end up running 3 tournaments 1 for invite 1 for groups and then get all the people promoted to sign up to a 3rd tournament called double elim or somthing, thats the best way i see of working it. Ball ache on an admin side of things though as a lot more work, but i’ll do it for your love and a pint of cider.

Yayyy. <3

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

A pint of cider from everyone?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I like this idea for an Invite/Open type group stage and a double elimination finale. For the invite spots though, how will they be decided?

Obviously HRG and iM plus the top 4 from ETF2L Prem would be a good, but will there be an online tournament to qualify for last 2 spots or will it go by ETF2L seedings?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 21 Next »