Forum

I49 23rd August - 26th August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 27th March 2013 @ 10:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 21 Next »

Califax

dyn.

Excellent job Tapley, schedule looks great.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Looks sick, can’t wait.

Will

Only 1 team from the lower groups going through :(

Thats going to be a lot of teams only playing for 4 hours of a 5 day event

beta

RaWr ::

Nice one Mike, MPUK recognising the TF2 contribution. I assume seedings for Double Elim will be based off finishing positions?

Quoted from Will

This is a fair point but remember, our standard format was that a high seeded team in each group. I think you will agree that 80% likely a game against the top seed would be a 5-0 – even if they were pushed.

This would mean that in essence it is still 4/5 teams battling for that 2nd place. I think this will create some more meaningful games from the start now and some well balanced fights.

We will have a great setup for casting and trust me when I say this, it will not just be covering the ‘elite’ group during Friday. We will ensure there is a mix and would appreciate your help telling us about upcomming games!

Cheers,

Mike

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from Tapley ❤

416 players now, starting to slow down a bit! Here’s a rough overview of what i have planned for the event now we are getting closer.

Groups stages Friday 19:00 – 23:00
2 groups of 4 (yanks + ozzies +top 6 in europe playing for seedings all will get promoted to knockouts) A casters wet dream.

8 groups of 4/5 (Rest of you scrubs! With the top team from each group getting promoted into the knockouts)

Knockouts Saturday 10:00 – 20:00
From 16 teams stopping before the 3rd place game.

Finals Sunday
12:00 – 13:00 3rd place Game
16:00 – 18:00 Grand Final

Prime time slot baby!

Amazing!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Will

There was no other way to do it unfortunatly, if we’d include those top 8 teams in the group stages then you guys would only lose 5-0 :D. One of the main complaints from last lan was the top teams didnt get to play each other and the lower teams got 5-0’ed a lot, this resolves both issues. And besides the tournament only runs for 3 days and the 3rd day is finals day.

Theres Highlander starting on the Saturday so don’t dispair mon frére, that’s a whole nother day of tf2’ing.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Nah it’s a good system. Good job Taps, looking forward to defaulting all my games in the HL on sat.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Could probably even stick the teams that didn’t qualify into a new fun cup style format or something.

Will

Quoted from AcidReniX

Could probably even stick the teams that didn’t qualify into a new fun cup style format or something.

This would be great, kinda like the old CSS tournaments, they ran another tournament for all the people that got knocked out of groups. Surely not too hard to just set it up on clanforge and let the teams play something on the Saturday?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Clever improvement on last year.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Will

[…]

This would be great, kinda like the old CSS tournaments, they ran another tournament for all the people that got knocked out of groups. Surely not too hard to just set it up on clanforge and let the teams play something on the Saturday?

That’s what we used to do, but people always lost interest in this very quickly and the tournaments were full of defaults or long waits so we just replaced it with Highlander which is slightly better attended.
I’ll be happy to set one up though if there is interest, but as i say Highlander is on Saturday and usually people are Tf2’ed out by the Sunday and want to lay in and then watch the final.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

atmo

the solution is to win your group

kaidus

WiK?

Is it still standard s15 rules? (rather than yank rules that have been used in nations cup/esa).

Also by “third place game” do you mean lower bracket final? It’s still double elim right?

Last edited by kaidus,

pyyyour

awesome move on the format Tapley – some great matches right off the bat

Yuki

Looks awesome. HYPE HYPE

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 21 Next »