Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Trell

|UKCS|

Just a little heads up – there may not be a TF2 tournament run at lan

http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/insomnia48/93711-tf2-i48

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Pure speculation and random brain farts here, but I imagine most of Multiplay’s income is server rental based. How many TF2 servers do they currently rent out? Is it enough to generate some prize monies if there isn’t a sponsor willing to cough up? Is it pointless anyway as only a handful of teams will turn up? Maybe I’m just making stuff up? Can I get another up in the next question?

Not sure I’d bother if I was Multiplay is my point, where’s the return for their shareholders?

Edit: No, I couldn’t.

Last edited by Monkeh,

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

It’s a shame that this is happening as the i42 and i45 where the two best i-series ive been to.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I’m very surprised nothing has been said, which i’m taking to guess it’s on a very fine balance. It sucks.

I’m likely to go anyway assuming I still have some friends going, but then finding transport with someone…

Edit: @Monkeh – this is why i’m surprised really, they ran a tournament during winter, always known to be a pityful turnout. Spring is usually just a humble affair, without the begging to scrape enough teams to get a tournament going.

Last edited by Nymthae,

Le meme arrows

TF2 is dead

LikeThis

Quoted from T0m

It’s a shame that this is happening as the i42 and i45 where the two best i-series ive been to.

Shotgun

Quoted from Le meme arrows

TF2 is dead

FIR

SnG

Quoted from T0m

ah the good times :>

Monkeh

Quoted from Nymthae

…they ran a tournament during winter, always known to be a pityful turnout.

Bits of straw on a camel’s back perhaps?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Don’t worry i’m working on it! We’ve got at least 70 people signed up for tf2 so far and if we get confirmed tournament(s) i’ll get the usual threads up and get people buying their tickets. The key thing is for community teams/players to sign up and play in the 6v6 tournament, i know its not fun to get rolled at times but its really the best way to support tf2 at lans, tis a numbers game!
Hopefully i’ll be able to crack out a new and improved highlander tournament also for those who enjoy that mode of play more.
As for Winter lans i’ve said for the past 2 years attendance will be low and if sponsoring the tournament will be at the detriment to a spring/summer tf2 tournament lan don’t give us money, so its probably not that.

But yeah, in my eyes, lans are what make TF2 what it is, if people fail to turn up, or we fail to get tournaments that’s essentially the death of TF2, for me at least.

Also some polite requests of a TF2 tournament on that thread Trell linked can’t hurt, so ask pretty please! I’ll let you know as soon as i know anymore.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Skyride

DUCS

I’ve attended every non-winter i-series event since 2009 and even I’m doubting going to this one due to friends not going. I love LAN, but at the end of the day if your friends aren’t going whats the point? :(

Black_Bob

[DA]

Well the first couple of lan I went to TF2 was just a fun cup and the people who played just loved TF2, they were some of the best lans ive been to so big money tourney or no big money tourney the lans going to be what we make of it.

I for one will be there dragging a combination of crazy and cantfitmyn throught the 6 vs 6 tourny and getting spanked the same as every other year! 90% of people who attend lan dont and never will stand a chance of winning prize money so its never been a factor for me.

Cya at the lan folks :)

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Skyride

I love LAN, but at the end of the day if your friends aren’t going whats the point? :(

truth :D I pretty much love lans because of the people :D

tbh even if there wasnt a tf2 tourney, i’d still go. if you go to lans merely to compete, and show disinterest when you can’t, then you obviously need more drinks and a healthy social life :D

see you all soon ;D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I can’t say much at the moment, but to alay your fears, TF2 will be returning for i48 and onwards, the reason its delayed annoucements currently is because MPUK is trying to broker something awesome for the future of TF2 for the next years worth of lans o/ with a person/company and need a couple of weeks to confirm details. If this doesnt happen we’ve got Kharnes seal of approval MPUK will sponsor a tf2 tournament anyway regardless.

Prepare yourselves

Winter/Tapleylanthreadspam is coming.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

That’s good to know!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »