Forum

i47

Created 28th August 2012 @ 16:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

Thing is, it’s so expensive for a small community lan but the prize money isn’t really worth sending all the big teams to make it a big competition so we’re sort of stuck in limbo. I talked to decerto last night about sponsoring us to go but there would have to be some prize I guess. What’s the situation with that, I seem to remember you were going to recommend not having a prize pool for the winter lan Tapley?

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Unfortuantely usually people wait for others to sign up and everyone else does that as well and the signups fall short. The prize money does not really work on a hold the money back for the next event kind of way. I’m sure we can get some money toward the prize pot but it would be staggered to the amount of teams that show up. We’ve had it in the past (i41 i think) where 1000 pounds was put up for a 6 or 7 team tournament, which is stupid and makes us look bad :].

However i’ve always found the winter events to be great, real men camp in winter!

How about 6 iseries tickets as a first prize :3

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Henghast

[…]

That would be awesome. If it werent for the base unit it’d be easy as hell but I only crippled a taxi driver who got to my bag before I could stop him. So yeah if you pass near Manchester at all that’d be cool.

Awesome, I’m at sheffield so a couple of hours to manchester would be worth having a pal to talk to on trains :D

Edd

T2P

I’m definitely up for going.

Foster

-9m-
Pixie <3

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Real men camp in winter!

See you there

Califax

dyn.

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/2012/09/06/i47/initial-tournaments-announced-for-insomnia47Initial tournaments announced for i47[/url]

C U @ i49 if they don’t add it soon…

Last edited by Califax,

dougiie

CotC

realistically if it’s not in the list now, is it ever going to be?

FIR

SnG

I wonder why people want incentives for going. isn’t the thought of meeting fellow players not an incentive, rather than competing for prize money which will be won by a select few?

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from FIR

I wonder why people want incentives for going. isn’t the thought of meeting fellow players not an incentive, rather than competing for prize money which will be won by a select few?

If i lived in England, sure.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Pretty hardcore if you went to 3 UK LANs a year from the NL Califax. :D

I’d be interested in going now I can afford to, question is how many people are in my position? It is a shame Qun LAN didn’t get moved to sometime in the Autumn or Winter, because since WASM has gone there are no real LANs to look forward to until Spring, except for community LANS that is, no ones for big teams to garner interest. Skyride mentioned it on his VTV post.

Oxy

TC.Express

How have people found camping in the past at winter lans? Is it bearable?

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

bearable LOL

http://www.phinneywood.com/images/Bear%20Affair%20campsite%20-%20ryan%20hawk.jpg

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from BoneS

bearable LOL

http://www.phinneywood.com/images/Bear%20Affair%20campsite%20-%20ryan%20hawk.jpg

<3

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Think how cold it was at night and early morn in ‘summer’, for winter…multiply your goosebumps by the icicles forming on your ballsack then subtract the thickness of your sleeping bag and divide by your ‘Bear Grylls’ quotient. Any number over 2 and you’ll be fine.

This is monkeh talk for “fuck dat”

Last edited by Monkeh,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

As long as you get a camp bed or inflateable matress and a massive duvet in your tent its not that bad in winter at all just keep off the cold floor. However at i41 i was camping with ziggy, spence and mattcv and i had to leave on the sunday night as i couldnt get into my tent as the zip was fozen solid and said fuck it and left.

However uni accomodation is like 18 quid a night or somthing cheap as chips so thats always an option.

I will see about getting some team amount appropriate prizes sourced.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »