Forum

Ya blew it

Created 26th August 2012 @ 04:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Scholar

Hi, I made the same thread in natf2 but it was best if I made it here as well.
http://natf2.com/topics/6825-ya-blew-it

The main topic of discussion the whole LAN event and the weeks leading up to it has been NA vs EU. But what it should have been: Can TF2 really make it as an esport?.

i46 presented the perfect chance to try and bring both communities together and maybe even throw in the australians but we aren’t doing a good job at that. The rhethoric all weekend has been plain wrong. Anything from Mix^ seeming cocky and overconfident to admirable saying on stream “I dont want to watch LG vs Mix^, i dont care about either of those teams.”

What we really needed to get off this event was some sense of mutual respect between both scenes. Get NA players, and not even just players but viewers to care about the EU and follow the scene more closely, and europeans to acknowledge ESEA and watch our invite matches even if its just the VODs. Instead all we earned was an expensive rivalry that we cannot support with a few donors every year.

On top of all that, pirate radio was pure horseshit. All we had was “i would beat any EU in MGE”, “we are better than everyone else”, “i am drunk as fuck” and “eu lost lets all whine together”. This was a perfect opportunity to display european and north american players just hanging out and having a friendly discussion about LAN. Why get platinum on the show? instead of someone like brad who knows europeans and even respects them, and who is respected by them.

Finally, I should give a shoutout to djc and crew. They didnt show any of this negative rhetoric because djc is buds with the euros and follows their scene and our scene just like all of us should if we hope that TF2 becomes something more than what it is.

Ya blew it.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Pirate Radio tends to be that sort of programme, if you expected a more in depth analytical show you watched the wrong podcast. And Admirable is that sort of caster, you should never take him seriously. I also don’t see what you mean by making the scenes become closer, considering the only Americans in attendance are eXtv guys plus 2 of the best teams it is hard to really appreciate or grasp the NA scene from a dozen or so people. And if you think there isn’t mutual respect between the two scenes (especially EU people towards NA) then you’re totally wrong, quite frankly I don’t know what this post is meant to achieve other than you complaining about unrealistic expectations you had in your mind.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Scholar

assuming tf2 could make it as an e-sport
qqing about a circlejerk podcast featuring drunk people
failing.

enwyze

There was so much hate in the STV chat when a NA team played an EU team. You got a point here!

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Scholar

Why get platinum on the show? instead of someone like brad who knows europeans and even respects them, and who is respected by them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwgQ_NYnulo

?

alba

duplo

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwgQ_NYnulo

?

“all the european soldiers blow, the scouts are good though”

Regen

nf.
9F

To be honest, you shouldn’t really lijke take the twitch chat serious either, half of the time there were a bunch of kiddies spamming USA USA USA.
Though i’m not sure how the lan feeling is, i think it’s respective towards eachother?
I mean sure Mix^ and LG both won, but there’s been some really close games..

freshmeatt

‹Con›

How many times more?

When will everyone understand TF2 is going to hold its best shape, if not grow, outside of that whole nonsensical ‘esports’ bullshit?

Edd

T2P

screw i46, the internationals just started

AnimaL

pirate radio is troll radio and according to casters themselves its not representing the eu community stance at all

sry, ya blew it

nfst

wai?

Quoted from Edd

Oh god yes! Mouz vs CLG starting in an hour hopefully?

Last edited by nfst,

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from Edd

EYYYYOOOOOOOOOO, MLG ARAM @ FINALS

32000$ wasted on troll games

Skyride

DUCS

Riveting Tale.

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from Skyride

Riveting Tale.

I finally have a face to visualize myself when i see your posts, good stuff!

Hallow

P.O.P

Tbh I don’t think i46 is the LAN for testing TF2 as an esport. Testing it would require to take it to bigger LANs and actually trying to beat Starcraft and LoL in viewer numbers, which is not gonna happen.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »