Forum

Never again.

Created 8th May 2012 @ 02:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

baerbel

trick17
trick17

i would really enjoy going to fireland, but i dont have any money. would you like to donate?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I don’t think having 1 additional top team on i45 would have magically “fixed” it. We’d just have a better grand final spectator wise, but the prizepot would have been the same (based on total teams attending), and the on-site attendance as well. Hasn’t it been like this for all the iSeries events between i40, i43, i46?

Why would every small (tf2-wise) iSeries event need at least 2 top teams? It’s a bit of an enthnocentric way of thinking. I didn’t see anyone chipping in for Infused to attend the French Gamers Assembly, a LAN which was better for TF2 in every way (more teams, better finals stage, more onsite specators, more orgs/sponsors, bigger prize pot, better grand final game quality) for example?

Now, if a different scenario would arise, like, a team like cc// wanting to attend an actual BIG lan like i46, but not having enough funds, then I’d be happy to donate, to make a big lan even bigger (I think with maybe some donations we could see the entire prem division at i46… that’d be so sick :O)

Last edited by skeej,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I’d donate to send some Americans over if eXtv ever pull their finger out and start arranging it (I am sure they will in the next 2 months but still, really should organise quicker).

A Prem team from Europe? Depends which team and what they would do to help the community. In America part of the deal of getting sponsored to LAN is some of the players make videos, stream games, mentor people. The only team I’d ever donate for is Yoyotech or Tt until they folded, I don’t see why I should part with my money for a concept that each Prem team has a god given right to attend. Prove yourself within the community and then we will talk money.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from skeej

Hasn’t it been like this for all the iSeries events between i40, i43, i46?

i42 was amazing! I miss newbury… :(

Waebi

‹Con›

truthbomb: if “lower” teams/individuals can afford going to LAN, then so can prem/div1 standard teams. No point in arguing about that.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Waebi

truthbomb: if “lower” teams/individuals can afford going to LAN, then so can prem/div1 standard teams. No point in arguing about that.

truthbomb: 30-year-olds can have loads of money, then so can 40-year-olds.

Or not really.

Waebi

‹Con›

exactly

Bassie

epx^
Üb

Why not, just make sure no “pro teams” turn up then let the shitters win something for once.

frymaster

I haven’t talked to a single person whose decision on whether or not to go to LAN would be affected by the presence of a high-skill team that they aren’t friends with. If the objective is to boost the prize fund, you’d be better either a) putting the money into the fund directly, or b) funding lower-skill UK-based teams, since they’re less likely to want things like hotel rooms or plane tickets and so would be much more economical.

After a quick look, 5 teams in the prem div of season 12 are obviously sponsored; not only does that mean they are more likely to have money for events (either due to direct injection or because of money saved by not buying kit), but it also means those teams have a responsibility to get their sponsor’s name out there by attending events.

Also, don’t forget this was always going to be a quiet event. Certainly my community, which struggled to field a team for i45, is currently looking like it might field 4 for i46, and at least one of them won’t be a div7 mix team.

forumtroll

Quoted from frymaster

After a quick look, 5 teams in the prem div of season 12 are obviously sponsored; not only does that mean they are more likely to have money for events (either due to direct injection or because of money saved by not buying kit), but it also means those teams have a responsibility to get their sponsor’s name out there by attending events.

where do you fart the 5 sponsored teams from? I can only see tcm+infused+epsilon that might get lan fundings.

but either way boosting the general price money with the donations would probably do the same and be much easier than sending 1-2 more prem teams in there.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from skeej

I think with maybe some donations we could see the entire prem division at i46… that’d be so sick :O)

If this is a hint, to start donating to you, I’m not falling for that mindtrick!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Andee

[…]

If this is a hint, to start donating to you, I’m not falling for that mindtrick!

Now you’re making it look like I typed a clown-smiley :S

And nah, n0va still owes me money from i43, and with the interest combined, it probably makes a free trip to i46 xD

frymaster

Quoted from forumtroll

[…]

where do you fart the 5 sponsored teams from? I can only see tcm+infused+epsilon that might get lan fundings.

but either way boosting the general price money with the donations would probably do the same and be much easier than sending 1-2 more prem teams in there.

I just clicked on all their websites and checked which ones had adverts for companies on them :P

In any case, I believe the prize fund for TF2 has been set at £5000 anyway

lolage

TSPAG

Meh

I’m not going to pay for prem teams with sponsors to go to lan when I can just about afford to go myself. Almost as bad as Extine asking people to donate for his wedding/honeymon. (imo)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Most prem teams afaik are going to be making it to i46 or are at least exploring the posibilitys, i would expect at least 5 prem teams to make the trip to i46 with crack clan the only team for it not really to be possible.

The jews are the only team i’d help put money towards tbh, like ticket entry etc as they would be coming from ages away, every other team should be able to save money and attend with the right amount of planning if they really wanted too.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »