Forum

i46 USA invades!

Created 9th February 2012 @ 14:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

damn right they should camp like the rest of us!

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from longas

[…]

“We are talking bout international tickets for ~22 people (3 teams, + ~4 from eXtv), plus 7 hotel rooms.

Flights will be cheaper for east coast players but for west coast I’m estimating, on the high side, $1500 each.

It is a lot of money.

We can do it.”

From http://natf2.com/topics/2799-new-extravision?page=1

Getting one team would be a success for me, getting more than one would be a bonus. The Americans could try settling for camping, I am sure many of us have spare tents or room for them, depending if we fall a couple of thousand short in dollars. Tickets could be won online (even if they are not – kind TF2 players could donate them) I would also expect most food expenses to come from their own pockets.

Main issue would be the flights. I hope there are enough people willing to send a bit of change around. I foreseen such a thing for months possibly happening, even raised the topic a bit with CommFT/eXtv to see if they would do such a thing, so glad it is coming into fruitation. I have saved up a bit of money, I could easily spare £20 (Like one/two rounds of drinks – though I definitely plan to donate more though) and if about 200 likewise people (like a quarter of the viewers that watched i43 final) can do it that is 1 team to LAN. This excludes a chunk sponsors like Quantic might send their team and also excludes larger contributions from individuals such as myself I plan to donate at least $75. Some people with money to spare I can see donate larger amounts than myself. eXtv/CommFT raising enough for Experiment to go to ESEA LAN in a matter of 24 hours though fills me with great hope for this.

Support the community, don’t be selfish, save a few quid a month then send it off, all they’re asking.

Very do-able to get one team to LAN, a 2nd team or 3rd I am not too sure about

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from BoneS

they just raised $1,000 in 24 hours to send some team to ESEA, so its quite doable.

Well I was cleaning out one of my drawers and I found a stack in there so I thought fuck it! Send some yanks to finish second at LAN ^___^

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Only faggots camp at LAN.

Real men sleep on the floor of the Press Room or beg for a space on hotel room floors.

Trell

|UKCS|

I don’t see why it isn’t doable, as I said on IRC, a post on TF2.com, and several influential poeple (you know who you are) dropping a line to Robin and certain others would work wonders here.

The $1000 raised in just 24 hours is a huge point as well, if thats doable in that amount of time, imagine what the community can do with a month or twos notice in advance.

I’m only viewing i46 so far in terms of UKCS signups, but within a few days of tickets going on sale, 23 of our members have purchased tickets, with lots of others on the way – I have a feeling it’s gonna be huge, and if we can get American teams + eXtv there too, this should by far be the biggest iseries ever.

I’ll donate a bit too once they sort out a proper donation page/system.

Trell

|UKCS|

Quoted from Admirable

Real men sleep on the floor of the Press Room or beg for a space on hotel room floors.

Dawwww, Adz, you know you’re more than welcome to sleep on my hotel room floor <3 Can't remember who it was at i43 that begged to use our shower but hey, come see me for free showers etc :P

Maybe a 24hour Extvcast-a-thon or pubathon for cash?

Casting a doublemix at 2am

Last edited by Chaplain,

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from Admirable

Im still impressed on how prepared you were for my floor at the holiday inn.

You had earplugs a pillow and a mask :0 Bring a bottle opener next time though :)

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

We ( cc ) will probably attend! :p

longas

And for the exhibition match, I’d rather see a mix of top eu players vs a mix of top usa players and “save” the team vs team games for the lan :p

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Wouldn’t it be easier for Americans to be at AmsterLAN, considering it’s TUP instead of BYOC?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Ritalin

Wouldn’t it be easier for Americans to be at AmsterLAN, considering it’s TUP instead of BYOC?

I’m sure Multiplay will produce the goods for intercontinental participants :>

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

American’s can’t pitch up a tent on the field? Would shave quite a bit off the price I reckon.

Remember that they will be massively jetlagged… No fun lying in a tent on the noisy campzone during mid-day (in the burning sun?) trying to catch up to the timezone…

Last edited by Califax,

Edd

T2P

can’t wait to point at them and call them fat

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

someone should have a crack at Virgin for sponsorship :P

http://virgingaming.com/

They could even supply the flights :D yeh right

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »