Forum

i46 USA invades!

Created 9th February 2012 @ 14:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Extine mentioned that they are trying to support 2-3 american TF2 teams to come over the pond and compete at i46. I think that would be a damn good thing for the game. Also they would send over 4 eXtv staff aswell to get some coverage. I suggested a fund raising exhibition match EU vs US to drum up some funds, dont exactly know how that would work.

So us vs America who would take it? would be epic to see an epsilon vs topUSAteam final?

http://www.extelevision.com/forum/index.php?topic=115.msg610#new

any ideas for raising there money or sponsors post them up on they eXtv forums.

lolage

TSPAG

Heard the same about US teams coming to i43 but that never happened if I’m not mistaken…

Ash

cc//
cc//

Quoted from lolage

Heard the same about US teams coming to i43 but that never happened if I’m not mistaken…

Did you see any american teams at lan?? :P

AnimaL

is this the chance to finally see euros vs yanks?!!?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from lolage

I might be wrong but hasn’t extv already raised enough to send 1 US team to i46?

Last edited by herpderp,

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from lolage

nah, that was just wishful thinking by some EU players. no one from the NA scene said they were coming. but there’s a big interest this time @i46, from Quantic and the eXtv coverage team in particular.

I might be wrong but hasn’t extv already raised enough to send 1 US team to i46?

they raised enough money to get The Experiment to ESEA LAN in march, but the plan is to do another fundraiser for i46 in the near future (according to eXtravision #5).

Last edited by Ritalin,

longas

They need 20000$, gl with that.

Well Double Fine just raised $500k for their new adventure game in about 10 hours so obviously people on the internet have money.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from longas

They need 20000$, gl with that.

why?

longas

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]
why?

“We are talking bout international tickets for ~22 people (3 teams, + ~4 from eXtv), plus 7 hotel rooms.

Flights will be cheaper for east coast players but for west coast I’m estimating, on the high side, $1500 each.

It is a lot of money.

We can do it.”

From http://natf2.com/topics/2799-new-extravision?page=1

Last edited by longas,

Skully

Quoted from Ash

[…]

Did you see any american teams at lan?? :P

now, when you say american, there was a team in CSS who came from the entire AMERICAN continent, ok, it was South America, a Brazillian team entered the i43 CSS

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

they just raised $1,000 in 24 hours to send some team to ESEA, so its quite doable.

atmo

Quoted from BoneS

they just raised $1,000 in 24 hours to send some team to ESEA, so its quite doable.

that wasn’t even with widespread coverage

I’m sure a blogpost on tf2.com would go a long way towards helping, and it sounds like something that even pubbers would be interested in supporting (lol patriotism)

however, as I said on natf2, I ain’t interested in donating to put a bunch of invite pansies up in a hotel – they can camp and be grateful for the chance

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from longas

Danke

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from longas

[…]
“We are talking bout international tickets for ~22 people (3 teams, + ~4 from eXtv), plus 7 hotel rooms.

American’s can’t pitch up a tent on the field? Would shave quite a bit off the price I reckon.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »