Forum

[BoA] Battle of Amsterdam - new information TBA

Created 23rd January 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 Next »

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Skyride

Qun I’d just like to say, you’ve handled this entire thing terribly.

Your first mistake was making this public when absolutely no details nor even the fact it was happening was set in stone. You made people hold off on other LANs like i45 for pretty much no reason at all.

Your second mistake was then continually telling people that “details are coming soon”. That isn’t how it works. You set set a realistic date, and then fucking well stick to it. Multiplay can get away with it because they’re Multiplay. They have a solid track record and nobody is doubting whether i46 is going to happen. The dates for i49 will probably be announced a couple of weeks after i46.

Your third mistake is then not confirming it isn’t happening. Let’s be honest here, everyone with a clue knows this ISN’T going to happen, at least not on any reasonable timescale. You’d be much better making it official.

Also you’ve damaged the reputation of the company you work for in TF2. Everyone in the scene is going to be extremely hesitant to have anything to do with what they run for a very long time.

+1

Qun, you even mentinoed something to Greg to give him the idea that it was 95% going to happen from what he said on Pirate Radio. You haven’t even been straight up with us, I kinda knew it as never gonna happen anyway – seemed too god to be true.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

still, i46 won’t have free pizza

Quoted from lolage

[…]

+1

Qun, you even mentinoed something to Greg to give him the idea that it was 95% going to happen from what he said on Pirate Radio. You haven’t even been straight up with us, I kinda knew it as never gonna happen anyway – seemed too god to be true.

Rich coming from the man who cancelled his i45 ticket again

evokje

WiK?

catmanlan 2.0

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

Qun I’d just like to say, you’ve handled this entire thing terribly.

Your first mistake was making this public when absolutely no details nor even the fact it was happening was set in stone. You made people hold off on other LANs like i45 for pretty much no reason at all.

Your second mistake was then continually telling people that “details are coming soon”. That isn’t how it works. You set set a realistic date, and then fucking well stick to it. Multiplay can get away with it because they’re Multiplay. They have a solid track record and nobody is doubting whether i46 is going to happen. The dates for i49 will probably be announced a couple of weeks after i46.

Your third mistake is then not confirming it isn’t happening. Let’s be honest here, everyone with a clue knows this ISN’T going to happen, at least not on any reasonable timescale. You’d be much better making it official.

Also you’ve damaged the reputation of the company you work for in TF2. Everyone in the scene is going to be extremely hesitant to have anything to do with what they run for a very long time.

A bit over the top don’t you think? It’s hardly a big deal. Qun tried to make a LAN happen and for whatever reason it hasn’t work out as planned. Oh well, unlucky, moving on.

The only semi-valid argument you have is “people didn’t go to i45”, but they aren’t going to BoA either now, so they saved some money. Good on them :)

All it means is increased chances for them to go to i46 instead.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Eh guys I’m still operating under the assumption that it is still happening… I haven’t heard otherwise?!

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Information is scarse yes, but I haven’t heard anything about the event being cancelled? I’m sure Viqun would post that. (thanks Vlijm) :P

Last edited by Andee,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCIsi5o4RLs

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Andee

I’m Viqun

atmo

Quoted from smziii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCIsi5o4RLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Last I heard it couldn’t happen in the summer, sometime Autumn at the earliest – completely out of Qun’s hands he tried but ultimately a bit of inexperience might have hit him too hard. I am sure Qun will make arrangements to get it back on track, we definitely had enough people willing to come over.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i think we all should focus on stuff that actually brings money – gg

WLL

Quoted from evokje

catmanlan 2.0

atmo

@Qun:

Co-founder of European Game Series, Mike, told me he doesn’t want to stay active in e-sports anymore after a long period of being very ill.

That’s the reason there will not be another Battle of Amsterdam or any other projects from EGS until further notice.

https://twitter.com/Qun/status/225542435206479872

https://twitter.com/Qun/status/225542556837085184

Califax

dyn.

Confirmation.

Qun on twitter:

Co-founder of European Game Series, Mike, told me he doesn’t want to stay active in e-sports anymore after a long period of being very ill.

That’s the reason there will not be another Battle of Amsterdam or any other projects from EGS until further notice.

Source: 1 2

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 Next »