Forum

i44 online tournaments

Created 19th October 2011 @ 09:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I see what you’re all saying, and its a nice sentiment that everyone wants to help fill up the cup. Although the purpose is to fill up the cup, its not a nessisity :]. I mean what if the top 2 teams can’t go to lan? We’d either than have to make other teams play again to see who comes 3rd or give it to another team ourselves which could get messy.

Basically this tournament is about giving out free tickets to people who are able to go to lan if tickets are free! Its not like an online cup where they want publicity and a full cup for sponsers etc, this is just me and multiplay trying to help out the community and get more people lanning :].

Dummy

Quoted from Tapley ❤

I see what you’re all saying, and its a nice sentiment that everyone wants to help fill up the cup. Although the purpose is to fill up the cup, its not a nessisity :]. I mean what if the top 2 teams can’t go to lan? We’d either than have to make other teams play again to see who comes 3rd or give it to another team ourselves which could get messy.

Basically this tournament is about giving out free tickets to people who are able to go to lan if tickets are free! Its not like an online cup where they want publicity and a full cup for sponsers etc, this is just me and multiplay trying to help out the community and get more people lanning :].

Do tickets go to the winners of the higher and lower cup? cant read the site, blocked by filter here :C

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
Do tickets go to the winners of the higher and lower cup? cant read the site, blocked by filter here :C

u so spesh :D

Dummy

Quoted from flushy

[…]

u so spesh :D

rude :(

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
id rather have a full cup with some teams who signed up despite not being able to go to LAN. tapley, if a team wins but then cant go and gives the tickets to 2nd place, whats wrong with that? or should they just clarify the situation with you?

Why would you have a tournament for LAN tickets with teams who can’t/don’t want to go to the LAN? I’m not trying to be funny, I just think you’re a genuine retard and wanted to know if you had any logical thinking behind what you’re saying or if you just post for the sake of it.

Dummy

Quoted from Gubbins

[…]

Why would you have a tournament for LAN tickets with teams who can’t/don’t want to go to the LAN? I’m not trying to be funny, I just think you’re a genuine retard and wanted to know if you had any logical thinking behind what you’re saying or if you just post for the sake of it.

Just because I cannot go does not mean the rest can’t, some have expressed interest in going. not like its difficult: were all based in western europe. how many teams have there been not only in iSeries but in every LAN that had 1-2 or even 3 mercs (though thats more of a mix team)? try reading more carefully before calling people retards, gubby.
as for the reason I’d prefer a filled cup with some teams who cant go to LAN, its not a major tournament or anything so I don’t see the problem with tickets being given away to the next best team, we are (almost) all good willed individuals here so I doubt there would be trouble or drama over deciding who gets the tickets, the worst that could happen is that the no.2 team cant go as well and you would need to have the other 2 semi-finalists either sort something out between themselves or just play a game (would take as much time to organise as a planned pcw) for it

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
Just because I cannot go does not mean the rest can’t, some have expressed interest in going. not like its difficult: were all based in western europe. how many teams have there been not only in iSeries but in every LAN that had 1-2 or even 3 mercs (though thats more of a mix team)? try reading more carefully before calling people retards, gubby.
as for the reason I’d prefer a filled cup with some teams who cant go to LAN, its not a major tournament or anything so I don’t see the problem with tickets being given away to the next best team, we are (almost) all good willed individuals here so I doubt there would be trouble or drama over deciding who gets the tickets, the worst that could happen is that the no.2 team cant go as well and you would need to have the other 2 semi-finalists either sort something out between themselves or just play a game (would take as much time to organise as a planned pcw) for it

Dummy you do realise thats the most kak handed way to run a tournament :p. I want to make it easy on people/myself i dont have hours upon hours of time to give away on this, after last time i really cant be arsed to run around seeing who can go to lan who cant go to lan, bla bla bla. I’m sure most people are good willed, but some people arn’t and i had to stop people trying to sell their tickets last time.

So For clarity:
Do not sign up to this cup at all if you cannot go to lan on the 18th-21st of November. Seemples

I’d rather 4 teams who want to go to lan sign up in total than 32 who dont.

And yes both upper bracket winners and lower bracket winners get tickets.

Speak to me if you have any questions or post here, but you cant transfer tickets if you win them without speaking to me and they will be under your own name anyway, they arnt physical tickets you can pass off to other people.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Hey Guys

Tapley need your help, i want to come up with the “fairest” way of splitting teams into lower and upper bracket trying to make the majority happy.

Last time we said anyone who has played div1/prem in the last 6 months cant play in the lower bracket, but this was negated by those crafty inactive fins!

I guess i could manually choose which teams go into which bracket but that won’t really work espcially with mix teams and is only based on my opinion.

Can anyone help me on this perhaps think of the fairest way to split the brackets?

stvv

WUL

Could you try the same as last time with the prem/div1 teams in the past 6months – but also if people question if they should be higher/lower then try do it manually? ;x idk

byte

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Hey Guys

Tapley need your help, i want to come up with the “fairest” way of splitting teams into lower and upper bracket trying to make the majority happy.

Last time we said anyone who has played div1/prem in the last 6 months cant play in the lower bracket, but this was negated by those crafty inactive fins!

I guess i could manually choose which teams go into which bracket but that won’t really work espcially with mix teams and is only based on my opinion.

Can anyone help me on this perhaps think of the fairest way to split the brackets?

Taps msg me tonight bud will gief you an idea! ;3

Cheers

Byte

Jakle

I’d like to know more about the maps of this cup, there was a list of maps but I don’t see why we’d be playing bazillion and turbine since they are pretty rarely played and hard to get pcws on.
Are these maps in it because they’ll be played at the lan too?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

The maps and rules will be ammended by Friday latest, unfortuantely with me being the only active tf2 admin now i’ve got too much to do currently, so am rather slow :].

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Only 3 signed up to the upper bracket and 6 in the lower bracket so far guys, with only 1 team having 6 on their roster (Infused i believe).
Get signing up the tournament is this wednesday and thursday, and espcially the lower bracket looks very open for virtually any team that turns up to win those tickets!

Please use common sense to sign up for the lower or upper brackets, admins have the ability to move your team if we deem it nessisary. Maps to be announced soon.

torden

broder
syster

So For clarity:
Do not sign up to this cup at all if you cannot go to lan on the 18th-21st of November. Seemples

Just read that now. We’ll have to cancel, we don’t intend on going, we just wanted to fill the tourney.

huhystah

Quoted from torden

[…]

Just read that now. We’ll have to cancel, we don’t intend on going, we just wanted to fill the tourney.

Same

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »