Forum

Golf @ i43

Created 17th August 2011 @ 16:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Golf Update:
I have booked 20 places for golf tomorrow at 3:30-4pm. The golf will last approximately 2 hours for a round, assuming you’re not fucking dire. I would suggest that we set a limit of 10 shots per hole to keep the speed up and help anyone that is a bit slow.

Cost is £5.50 per person, payable at the golf club tomorrow.

Meeting: 3pm @ i43, somewhere in/outside of Hall 2[/u]

Current confirmed list:
d2m
pledge
zeppi
canfo
sonny
sam
skyride
lord benjamin
t0m
tapley
lolage
nik

PLEASE update me if you want to be added to this – also don’t worry if you can no longer go. The numbers are interchangeable, just please let us know!

Finally, if the weather is shit and very wet – we won’t attend :(

——

As some of you know, a few of us played golf before i40 last year and had a lot of fun. Pledge was the champion – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2eZG5Pi10 – at hitting the ball the furthest.

I’ve spoken with a local golf club in Telford (3 miles from LAN), and they’re happy to offer discount if we go and play as a group on Friday afternoon. Currently I think we have about 10-12 people interested in coming to play, and I’d like to welcome as many of you as would like to join us to have a bit of fun on the Friday afternoon too.

It’s a 13 hole par3 course and we have a reduced price available of £5.50 per player if you want to come along and play. We’ve also been offered another deal of paying £10 each and getting golf and PIZZA!

If you’re interested or want more info, please feel free to post here or grab me on Steam. Should be some good fun, and you might be the new Tiger Fuchs – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2eZG5Pi10

Last edited by d2m,

Greg

TEZC

whats the deal with clubs, no way im fitting mine into my car

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Greg

whats the deal with clubs, no way im fitting mine into my car

It’s pitch and putt, so generally you need a 9-iron/PW (pitching wedge) and a putter. They’ll lend these out to people that need them. Same with balls, etc :)

IPZIE

SUAVE

Thats going to be awsome :)

Qun

GoT<3

Sign me up, will bring putter and some irons.

dougiie

CotC

ah pity I’m not there! Could give ye all a few lessons! Maybe next lan :)

Greg

TEZC

Well i might bring my 9/PW/SW/LW/putter down, think i still have 1 of those easy carry/small bags

Last edited by Greg,

lolage

TSPAG

Kind of want to, but scared I’d be too bad – but then I watched the video. ;D

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from lolage

Terrible golf is appreciated at this event! Especially with the advent of smart phones…

Seriously though, it’s just a bit of fun. Chance for people to chill OUTDOORS! Some of you might need to bring a sheet to shelter your skin from sunlight… :D

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from lolage

same here :D

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Terrible golf is appreciated at this event! Especially with the advent of smart phones…

Seriously though, it’s just a bit of fun. Chance for people to chill OUTDOORS! Some of you might need to bring a sheet to shelter your skin from sunlight… :D

haha I thought as much but when people were starting to talk about bringing their own clubs it sounded all serious. xD

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Depends on what time I arrive. I’m not sure if I will be there Friday afternoon or not, but if I am, I’ll defo go :)

I tend to rock a 7 iron and putter on those courses, so I might bring mine down. Can’t go wrong with a 7 iron :)

Last edited by AcidReniX,

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

I played mini golf once when I was 9 can I play?

XO -

Count me maybe in have played golf for like 15 years but have kinda grown bored of this but this will be fun i hope.

Dny

T2P

fuck off.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »