Forum

MAXLAN: Increased Cash prize 4200€+hardware, PAYEMENTS opens 31/01/2011

Created 30th November 2010 @ 13:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

Greg

TEZC

Do you know how close Strasbourg airport is to the venue?

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Quoted from d2m

What’s the best way to get to Epinal from Paris (CDG Airport)?

On their website it says there’s a direct train from Paris to Epinal, so you probably want to take that. How you can get from airport to trainstation is for some French dude to answer.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Quoted from Greg

Do you know how close Strasbourg airport is to the venue?

Major airports close to Epinal, France:
The closest major airport is Strasbourg Airport (SXB / LFST). This airport is in Strasbourg, France and is about 96 km from the center of Epinal, France.
http://www.travelmath.com/closest-airport/Epinal,+France

AnroliF

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

[…]
Major airports close to Epinal, France:
The closest major airport is Strasbourg Airport (SXB / LFST). This airport is in Strasbourg, France and is about 96 km from the center of Epinal, France.
http://www.travelmath.com/closest-airport/Epinal,+France

or the Metz-Nancy Lorraine Airport

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

[…]
On their website it says there’s a direct train from Paris to Epinal, so you probably want to take that. How you can get from airport to trainstation is for some French dude to answer.

I spent about an hour last night trying to get a french trains website to tell me if there was a train from Paris/Paris CDG to Epinal, what time and how much. It kept giving me errors, so I surrendered and went to bed.

If any frenchies can help it would be appreciated. We’d like to try and get TF2 TV there for coverage.

droso

o/

I don’t have a clear answer to your question yet (will try to reply asap).

But there will be coverage for this. HiscoreTV will be attending and will stream most TF2 games in french. =)

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from droso

But there will be coverage for this. HiscoreTV will be attending and will stream most TF2 games in french. =)

Which is no good for the majority of Europe :) English streams ftw!

Ox||mOr3

d2m you can pick a train from paris “gare de l’est” to epinal. It’s a 2 hour’s trip

Here you have http://www.voyages-sncf.comthe french website to book a train[/url]
Here you have the “gare de l’est” on googlemap

droso

o/

By the way, when you create an account, you will be asked your Master license number which might cause confusion to most of you.
Don’t worry about it. It’s only important for french people taking part to the whole Master season!

Please, note that if you do create a “classic license”, you will get 5€ off your ticket.
But you’ll have to understand french in order to create this license.

Otherwise, just click “create my MaXlan account”.

I will edit the first post with this piece of information.

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Which is no good for the majority of Europe :) English streams ftw!

You’re right.
The more coverage, the better anyway. =)

Last edited by droso,

vøid

BTW , if you scroll down on voyages scnf.com , you can have the english / german and others versions of the sites ( nice for a travel site :o )

Keyro

Cheater

Yes.
The maxlan.org website is also fully translated in English if you click on the flag top right.

konr

I can’t go to this one but I might pop over if I enjoy i42.

Edd

T2P

if any team needs a medic /q

dougiie

CotC

hmm might save up and make the trip down. Would be interested to see if many people from London/ish area would be up for making the trip as a lil group :P

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Hm, there’s a few things that are still not clear.
1) It says there is going to be a Shuttle/Bus to the event from Paris.. When and where and how much does it cost? And does it also go back after the event is over.
2) The info on accomodation is pretty sparse. The only thing it says: “There are hotels nearby, more info soon.”
3) Are there other means of accomodation/sleeping besides these mystery hotels?

With those kind of details unclear, it is impossible for me to know how much it will cost, which is pretty important to me.

I know how much it costs to get to Paris, but beyond that, it’s a blank at the moment.

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »