Forum

i40 roadtrip google map / google latitude

Created 16th August 2010 @ 22:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1

frymaster

so we thought it might be cool if we had a map showing people’s progress to i40:

http://www.nervousenergy.co.uk/index.php?action=map

The map is generated by using google latitude data from Androids, Blackberrys (and iPhones, but they have to have the google maps app open for it to update their position)

If you want to appear, sign up to the NE forums and follow the instructions at http://www.nervousenergy.co.uk/index.php/topic,3101.0.html

it’d be nice to get some international markers on the map ;) it’s difficult to see atm but there’s a blue trail behind people showing where they’ve been, this will be blanked the day before i40

David

This looks nice! I will give it a try in the morning.

Skyride

DUCS

Cool, My phone’s google latitude capable, will go for that. :)

edit: Might as well ask, looking at that map theres a lot of people going from scotland, I’m fairly sure my train goes through Edinburgh, anyone up for meeting on the train down there?

Last edited by Skyride,

dougiie

CotC

ah looks cool! wish I had an iphone :(

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from dougiie

ah looks cool! wish I had cancer

how dare you wish for something like that.

Last edited by Waebi,

Springer

DAKKA

hmmz looks nice, might do it also.

F2

Danmark

using data on your mobile phone in a foreign country can be very expensive (unless you can connect to a WiFi of course)

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Waebi

[…]
how dare you wish for something like that.

rofl

frymaster

Quoted from F2

using data on your mobile phone in a foreign country can be very expensive (unless you can connect to a WiFi of course)

ah, never thought of that :(

Quoted from Skyride

edit: Might as well ask, looking at that map theres a lot of people going from scotland, I’m fairly sure my train goes through Edinburgh, anyone up for meeting on the train down there?

Unfortunately we cant meet you on the train, we all clubbed together and are hiring a van.
We are also picking up enef and fishy on the way down.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from .:ne:.Storm

[…]

Unfortunately we cant meet you on the train, we all clubbed together and are hiring a van.
We are also picking up enef and fishy on the way down.

Haha, nice. Have fun! :P

atra

I would come spectate for it, as im only about 40 mins away from it.
Its just my faggy ass dad wants me to come visit him during i40.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

What F2 said. It sounds awesome and I’d love to, but I will shut down the data connection on my phone before i hit the Belgian border. I’m not that rich ;)

Nice idea though!

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

pukz

Quoted from F2

Why did you have to ruin it! 20+ people with a 200euro phone bill and only 1 man to blame for it would of been priceless! :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1