Forum

Going high sens for a split of a second then back to normal - Help!

Created 4th May 2010 @ 17:35

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Hello guys

I’ve been having this problem for a while now and it’s getting kinda of annoying.
Well, i’ll try to explain it. My normal sens is a bit over 1. But sometimes, for a split of a second it feels like its going up to 5 and then back. Imagine that i’m rocket jumping, when i spin my mouse to the the rocket jump, my character then does like a 360 becouse the sens went like up yo 5 when i was jumping. I hope you can help me becouse this is getting quite annoying.

And it’s not on every move i do with my mouse, lets say it’s like 1 out of 10 times it does it.

I got a Roccat kone mouse. But i dont think it’s the mouse theres a problem with. I’ve tried it on several pc’s, but only on my pc it happends.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sir Remix,

Tikcus

sounds like there is a hair, or something similar on your sensor, how often does this happen?

Last edited by Tikcus,

kuma

mouse acceleration could be kicking in sometimes.

do you use custom drivers and if so have you checked the options?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Sounds like acceleration.

n00ne

Not acceleration. It’s happened to me before and most likely it’s either a hair or a bit of dust gotten on your laser in the mouse. Or you could have multicore rendering enabled (or something related to it).

I used to have it enabled , but since the last update i’ve got your exact problem if i dont turn it off.

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

It dosent happen everytime i play the game, but somtimes it just does it alot. And when it does it alot i mean like every 1 out of 10 hard spins i make.

In the Roccat Kone driver i’ve ticked the “Mouse Acceleration” off.

Gonna try clean the laser a bit and gonna try to turn multicore rendering off. Btw where do i turn it off?

Thanks for the help guys.

TF2 options? It should be in Video options. And check your Windows mouse options also, there might be accel on there too. And one thing you should do is turn your mouse upside down and blow quickly and hard in to the sensor, so the dust comes off.

crz

T4F

had the same issue after i bought my first laser mouse (was using optical before)

i was still using my soft mousepad (steelseries qck) … after getting a hard mousepad (steelseries 4hd) the problem was gone

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yeah if you have a mouse mat which is patterned or textured the beam can get very slightly fucked from time to time and spaz out like you’ve described.

dannye

cb.

same shit, for a few days.

minimoose

I got a g9, had a similar problem on my steelseries qck, switched to a smooth plastic and it works fine (although the moustmat is crap).

bertoman

BLLB

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Yeah if you have a mouse mat which is patterned or textured the beam can get very slightly fucked from time to time and spaz out like you’ve described.

Tapley displays his pro techy jargon!

Although it sounds like you all have the same problem, I had a similar problem once in COD:MWII where my mouse would accelerate tonnes then return to normal, it turns out mumble was causing it and some queer part of my PC was overloading because of running both mumb + cod together. :Z

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I had something rather similar, it happened when I was using some version of mumble on vista. Switched to xp and it was gone, so that might be worth a check.

HOOOOLY SHIT. I just installed my Windows 7 Ultimate, Steam, and the shenanigans. Now, when I try to rjump, it fucked up, and the sens feels fast also. I recently switched my mouse mate from a soft to a hard one, but it still worked earlier today at a lan.

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

It only happends on my pc with win7 ultimate too.
It comes and goes, but i think its mumble that causes it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »