Forum

TF2 Update - 29/04

Created 29th April 2010 @ 01:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 14 Next »

tesco

mrp.

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Dedicated Server
– Linux optimizations.
– Fixed Linux servers not relisting correctly after a master server restart
– Fixed a case where servers could have “ghost” players consuming player slots

Engine
Marked the “snd_show” convar as a cheat

Gameplay Changes

Pyro changes
-Flamethrower direct damage reduced 20%.
-Burn duration reduced (10 -> 6 seconds).
-Airblast re-fire delay reduced by 25%.
-Airblast ammo usage reduced by 20%.
-All reflected rockets/grenades/arrows now mini-crit.
-Airblasting enemies into environmental deaths now awards the death credit to the Pyro.

Heavy changes
-Minigun spin-up/down time reduced by 25%
-Minigun firing movement speed increased to just under half-normal (from 80 to 110).
-Throwing a sandvich to a teammate now earns a full bonus point (was half a point).

Bonk! changes
-Post-use movement penalty removed.
-Now has a re-use cooldown time, like The Sandman.

The Chargin’ Target changes
-Direct charge hit now does 50 damage + 10 per head (up to 5 heads).
-Capped the turn rate from +left and +right while charging.

The Huntsman changes
-Removed restriction that arrows need to be aimed before they can be lit by a Pyro.
-Bow can now be lowered without losing the lit arrow.
-Changed bow so you can start charging it while you’re jumping, but you can’t fire until you’re on the ground.
-Fixed bug where flame effect would get stuck on if you change weapons with a lit arrow.

Backpack changes
-Moved Crafting button out to the root class/backpack selection panel.
-Dragging and dropping items in your backpack now makes appropriate sounds.

Bot changes
-Bots don’t retreat to gather health as readily if they are in combat.
-Bots no longer retreat when moving to block a point capture.
-Bots should now equip an appropriate combat weapon and fight while moving to collect health.
-Bots who are roaming the map and hunting now chase down their victims, following them around corners.
-Bots That fire projectiles (ie: rockets/grenades/etc) don’t hold down their fire button for a minimum time. This was causing –Soldier bots to fire rockets into nearby walls as they strafed, killing themselves.
-Soldiers bots now switch to their shotgun after firing all four rockets when engaging an enemy.
-Added a few more bot names from community suggestions.
-Fixed a behavior loop with Engineer metal gathering.

The Sandman change
-Added a slight speed reduction to stunned players.

Community requests
-Added ConVars log_verbose_enable and log_verbose_interval to report player positions in the server log at regular intervals
log_verbose_enable default: 0
log_verbose_interval default: 3 secs
-“Last-weapon” initialization on respawn now sets itself to be the melee weapon if you don’t have a selectable secondary weapon (like The Razorback).

Bug Fixes
-Fixed an case where The Gunboats didn’t apply their damage reduction properly.
-The amount count in the HUD now flashes red when you’re low on ammo.
-Extinguishing a burning teammate now earns a full bonus point (was half a point).
-Fixed a permanent overheal exploit involving dispensers.
-Fixed a bug in spectator mode where the user aborted out of freezecam, setup a spec mode (like IN_EYE), and would then have the setting stomped after the freezecam timer expired.
-Fixed bug with disguised spy sometimes seeing his own name in the disguise status HUD.
-Fixed a client crash that could result from players with arrows embedded in them.
-Fixed items that can be worn by any class having the wrong model when worn by a disguised Spy.
-Added missing map prefixes to server browser game types.
-Killing yourself with your own sentry no longer increments the sentry’s kill counter.
-Fixed dropped hats sometimes having the wrong team color.
-Fixed crit-boosted players not getting critical hits if their weapon has custom no-crit behavior.
-Fixed the achievement dialog taking a long time to pop up, and completed achievements now sort to the bottom of the list.
-Fixed Spies disguised as Medics hearing the autocaller sound.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Looks like a good update imo.

jgmaster

BM

Utility classes made better? Effects from Competitive TF2 beta?

hoppi

TIDS

PYRO !

lork

now i can´t open my game :<

memory shity random error or something :|

but hey!, changes seem interesting

Danzeru

Royal`
MAD

Amazing update! <3 Heavy

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Charge Script for demomen is useless now. Is this imagination or do I hear NA demos cry very very quitely from over the other side of the sea? scnr.

lork

Quoted from Danzeru

Amazing update! <3 Heavy

hahaha +1

the only thing i want right now is the speed-gloves and be able to open my game :p

wpminnows

[PG]

in case anyone hasn’t noticed, ‘cp_freight_final1’ appears to be an official map now

Tikcus

Quoted from wpminnows

in case anyone hasn’t noticed, ‘cp_freight_final1’ appears to be an official map now

is that cp_freight fixed, or cp_freight_final fixed
things to check when i wake up

*edit*

it’s a long time since i played cp_freight_final, but it seems to be an improved freight_final.

forward spawn is locked, and a massively improved/changed cp2 (changed compared to freight anyway), however when defending last respawn times are fixed I nolonger have time to get a beer/goto toilet everytime i die

Last edited by Tikcus,

DJHANDSFREE

sextant

I’m going to main pyro now.

Geten

There is some error message for me too. Can’t open the game now. “Memory could not be “read” “.

Awesome update. We’ll have to see the real effects but it’s awesome that the heavy got a buff. In fact, being able to move faster while spinning may be as great as a buff as speedgloves. Easier to doge projectiles and you can persue people more easy. Argh can’t stop speculating.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from nTraum

Charge Script for demomen is useless now. Is this imagination or do I hear NA demos cry very very quitely from over the other side of the sea? scnr.

Its not useless, they just capped the turn rate so you can’t turn insanely quick.

Any chance the admins could make a decision on whether this is still an exploit or not? Valve have clearly looked at it now and decided against patching it.

kustom3

AwS
DA!

They just added this in the changelog :

# Added new community map cp_freight
# Added missing physics models for several items
# Added jiggle bones to the Sam & Max items, and The Buff Banner
# Added Crit-a-Cola

Last edited by kustom3,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME