Forum

Question regarding gunboat bug

Created 16th April 2010 @ 19:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1

I just found out about gunboats not granting the damage reduction while someone is spectating you yesterday, and it blew my mind (my mind = blown).

Could anyone explain to me how that is even possible (technically), in somewhat understandable terms?
I could understand if say, a spec sees you taking normal damage while you’re not really, but a spec nullifying the effects of an item? HOW??

Mindboggling to me. ((

wpminnows

[PG]

don’t they only reduce damage if the rockets don’t damage an enemy?

maybe it counts specs as enemies

Last edited by wpminnows,

shank

vs

u shouldn`t drink alcohol in the evenings u know =D

They do work if you’re jumping while hitting an enemy, but I guess that’s a possibility, further testing will have to be done.

Quoted from shank

u shouldn`t drink alcohol in the evenings u know =D

That’s what the officers told me when they arrested me at your mother’s for domestic violence.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Mike

TEZC

that was shit fluffy, leave tf2

Okay cya.

shank

vs

Quoted from Mike

that was shit fluffy, leave tf2

now i like you 1 % more, now i like you 1 %.

caned

MEAT
LEGO

These kinda crazy-ass problems u get while scripting a game are very common :(

& i only use actionscript :3

Largos^

PRO

Quoted from Fluffy Meowington

I just found out about gunboats not granting the damage reduction while someone is spectating you yesterday, and it blew my mind (my mind = blown).

Could anyone explain to me how that is even possible (technically), in somewhat understandable terms?
I could understand if say, a spec sees you taking normal damage while you’re not really, but a spec nullifying the effects of an item? HOW??

Mindboggling to me. ((

Gunboats reduce self-damage when the rocket makes contact with just you.
This means that if there is another non-teammate in the vicinity of the blast, the gunboats effects are ignored.
Spectators are technically a character, but they are ghosts.
The engine still sees a non-teammate player next to the rocket, therefore the gunboats are ignored.

Quoted from Largos^

Gunboats reduce self-damage when the rocket makes contact with just you.
This means that if there is another non-teammate in the vicinity of the blast, the gunboats effects are ignored.
Spectators are technically a character, but they are ghosts.
The engine still sees a non-teammate player next to the rocket, therefore the gunboats are ignored.

Alright thanks, I knew specs were entities (remembered the airblast bug) but didnt think that fact would affect this.

Lzrd

Lutunen
OS!

Much like how if you change team to spectator immediately after firing a rocket, the rocket will do damage to your teammates. You are suddenly considered a member of team 3 (spectator) and your teammates are not protected by the no friendly fire option.

I can’t remember if this was fixed already or not, but this was the case at some point, at least.

hänsen

Team Popo!

laik after one update where the pyrotauntkill could kill specs :p

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Quoted from Lzrd

Much like how if you change team to spectator immediately after firing a rocket, the rocket will do damage to your teammates. You are suddenly considered a member of team 3 (spectator) and your teammates are not protected by the no friendly fire option.

I can’t remember if this was fixed already or not, but this was the case at some point, at least.

Yeah that was fixed.
Was funny when waiting for teams to ready up :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1