Forum

Tf2 promod?

Created 11th October 2008 @ 04:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Gaarulf

UP|

Isn’t the random damage variables in any of the moddable files in tf2?
I understand if the files that contain the random damage info, it’s hard to make a kind of promod.
Any info on this ?

AnAkkk

No there are no files to remove it, but there is a server plugin that could remove it. Most people are against installing a server plugin anyway…

Waebi

‹Con›

“Most people are against installing a server plugin anyway…”

uh well, everyone has at least FTP access, so…
the thing is: do you/we want it hard enough to force rules that it’s gotta be on?

KillaloT

eureka

Back in the days, everyone installed the plugin to remove critical hits. If random damage is such a huge issue, it should be possible to add a rule that forces an install of such a plugin, that removes it.

nvc

Seriously, why the fuck is everybody whining about random damage? are you stupid? random damage is not the problem atall – random spread is

However if you forced no random spread and therefore less random damage (unless your whining about ranged damage, then say ranged) it would require a completely new spread model and probably circlular – which would then lead to class imbalances and you would think i cheat.

Jh

Hey dats!

whoah ego.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Haha i’m with nvc here if there is no random spread anymore scout’s will be fiercer!

Devil

-cavalier-

Hmm.. looks for some “high” teams.. If you are solving here random damage on scouts, so why every HIGH skilled scout can kill all classes (except heavy i think) with “Random damage” for 2 shots from scater? Its possible, but you have to be more skilled.. So why any plugin? just train and be so aimed as they are..

No plugin!

Smofo

Im THAT good!

devil have you ever even tried to play scout?

dunc

infs
dp.

He kinda has a point.

Scouts doing 100 damage from ~30ft is utterly retarded.. but scouts doing 100 damage from point blank, i.e. on a heavy’s head or just behind a medic.. that isn’t random damage :)

Fingers crossed Valve might release some useful server cvars in the next patch for the competitive aspect of TF2. I doubt it though :D

Akill

imo random damage was valves way of not having to tweak weapon balance/classes

KOVACS

Its worth considering the spawn setups too. Seems to me that teams can often gain a considerable advantage attacking the middle point at round start on maps without gates (granary, badlands for example) based entirely on the spawn setup they get.

For example, the spawn setup scouts get on a map like granary, e.g. both left side, both right side or split has a big influence on the route scouts take every round to middle, provided they want to take the fastest route.

A medic who spawns far away from spawn doors will be slower to mid and won’t be able to buff the heavy classes as well as he could had he spawned closer. Taking Badlands as an example, the Medic may not even be able to buff the demo/sol trying to jump out the spawn doors due to spawning too far away or being blocked by other classes who don’t need the buff, with the net result of demoman being slower to mid (having to wait for a proper buff at spawn) or reaching mid with much less health than usual.

On a map like Granary or Badlands success on middle point is often largely down to the scouts and demoman securing an influence on the point early on in the round. Randomised spawns in close games can be the difference between an even battle where both teams can take the desired route and reach the point at the same time, and an uphill struggle with a bias towards the team with a better spawn.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

KOVACS I’m just as fast if i spawn all the way right and all the way left in granary in badlands it’s sometimes a problem though.

xtala

There are numerous scripts that allow you to quickly change class and go back again.
Or you could do it manually, I can switch spawn places 2 times like that before you can move, and that should be enough to get close to the exits.

Jh

Hey dats!

jesus christ kovacs just swap classes for a better spawn.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »